+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Met a girl via a dating site, some advice please

Met a girl via a dating site, some advice please

(Don't worry I have read the Doomed Intenet relationships sticky lol)

First things first we live in the same city. We met up last sunday and it went really well, went for a drink then lunch and then for a coffee, we spent around four hours together. The conversation flowed and we had a laugh, there was definitely some chemistry. She actually brought up meeting up again which I was going to anyway. We have been emailing each other during the week and I suggested going to the cinema this coming weekend but she has now told me she can't make it but she will get back to me to arrange something else.

Unfortunately I am one of those people who over analyse things etc but since we met she now signs off her emails with a more informal shortened down variation of her name and her most recent with a x

I like this girl and have hope that more will become of it but I don't want to rush things or scare her off

Opinions and advice most welcome

I think meeting a girl at an online dating site is a good idea. I wouldn't overanalyze it, but I also wouldn't rush anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    I think meeting a girl at an online dating site is a good idea. I wouldn't overanalyze it, but I also wouldn't rush anything.
    I suppose I should be encouraged that she is conversing with me via email since the date. If she wasn't interested she would just blank me surely.

I'm determined not to rush things I'll wait till the second date, assuming there is one, and just guage things as they develop
    Last edited by Fade to black; 08-10-10 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to black View Post
    I suppose I should be encouraged that she is conversing with me via email since the date. If she wasn't interested she would just blank me surely.

I'm determined not to rush things I'll wait till the second date, assuming there is one, and just guage things as they develop
    There are many fun things you can do to get to know someone. I hate restaurant dates because I like being active. I think going to a rock climbing gym is one of the best dates... you can be a little competitive, and even stare at her ass as she climbs. Other good dates are going to a pumpkin patch, roller skating, coffee is always fun, and car shows.
    Things that should be reserved for later dates, say 7 or 8, are kite making/flying, pottery making, and donkey punching.

And absolutely no cow tipping till after at least the physical intimacies have started!

Yea - you're over-analyzing. If she suggested a second date then she's certainly interested.

-PP

Looks to be going well.

Hope everything works out. Let us know how it goes!

I don't see any reason to be worried, in fact it seems to me she likes you too, from your description of the first date. Don't be dissapointed by the canceled date, that is a perfectly normal thing to happen. And btw I sign mail informally only to close friends, and x is often used for a kiss
    Last edited by teel; 08-10-10 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks for all the comments

I'll keep you updated on how things progress

Of course she is interested and don't panic and don't worry. Let her dictate the pace. And let us all know when you've had sex!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, seriously chill. She signs her name differently and you're questioning the whole relationship? CHILL THE HELL OUT.

Yes, she likes you but if you pull crazy, needy, creepy, jealous freak boy she'll certainly change her mind.

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Any updates?
    Actually, yes.

I had emailed her a couple of times in the past week without reply so was thinking "Oh well, cest la vie!"
    Then got an email from her this morning asking to go to the cinema, tonight if I fancied it, but unfortunately I was unable to make it.
    Got home earlier and put my mobile phone in my bedroom to charge. Got a missed call from a number I didn't recognise, followed by a text they were both from her. I had forwarded her my number by email after our first date.
    She had said she would do this also, but never did, which also had me doubting I would see her again.

Anyway we are going for date two tomorrow night, I'm delighted!

Congratulations!

Good luck.

-PP

Congratulations! From the sound of it you both had a great time. After 4 hours spent voluntarily with you I wouldn't worry about a letter X =)

Ok people, is no kiss at the end of date two 100% bad or is there no golden rule?

Have never really done the dating game before, I've usually just met people randomly and it's developed into a full blown relationship quite quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast