+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dont want to be a girlfriend

girl68,
    sorry for any confusion...from start of my post, I was not trying to say he should marry me now, in fact I am not quite ready for that, i would like to wait for next summer..BUT i was referring to I would like to know if that is a value he holds..sorry if i didnt explain it right... there are men who no matter how right the woman is for them, they never want to get married, at least not til they are 50!! then there are men who know in their heart, they want to marry when they find the right girl-- THAT right there is what i am wanting to know...
    me and him are pretty combatible most of the time, not perfect but nobody is..but if he loves me to pieces and cant wait to talk to me every day, does he see me as belonging to him, as his wife in the future, or does he just see us as hang out bf/gf?
    if I could just know one way or the other it would help me...

i know as time goes by, if he only wants me for a gf, I will start to feel hurt...when his friend gets married next year, if we go to that wedding, I will be hurting bad
    i will feel like "So I am good enough to be your girlfriend, but not good enough to be your wife?

I am afraid if I bring it up he will think I am trying to get him to marry me now, but i just want to know if its his eventual goal or not

I gotcha I understand what you are looking for, makes sense. Hmmm... If he really loves you I think you should be able to bring the topic up, just don't sound forceful or anything. Just talk about it "hypothetically" and like you said, just let him know that you are just wondering if that is what he is looking for down the road, not anytime soon.

Can you say "Hey, I have something I want to talk about but I am afraid it will come off the wrong way"? Tell him specifically that you are NOT looking for a ring or even asking if he wants to marry you eventually. You are just asking if he is comfortable with the idea of marrying anyone at some point. How he feels about marriage as a concept. Be ready to tell him the same stuff in very general terms, too. Make it a conversation about ideals and thoughts, not your plans as a couple.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by julygirl View Post
    i would like to wait for next summer..I am afraid if I bring it up he will think I am trying to get him to marry me now, but i just want to know if its his eventual goal or not
    Still though, you're still going to be pressuring him especially with thoughts like this ^. If you don't know after 7 months if a guy is even interested in marriage I personally would wonder why not? I knew my guy wanted to be married weeks in. That wasn't to say he wanted to marry ME at that time just that eventually yes, he'll get married.

I think you just have to ask a where do you see yourself in 5 years? Married, with children? Do you beleive in marriage? Do you want children?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12