+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in love with her but we have nothing in common

Boy is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I don't love her, I'm in love with her.
    To love someone you need to spend time with her, more than just a few dates.

As I said, I know her a lot of time (2 years) but it never got serious.

Yes, I'm 24.

Possibly you're not in love either...rather in lust...time will tell...

You'll probably get bored after you get in her pants...sorry...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

What I like about her is that she's smart, beautiful, very different than other people...
    Sorry, but you can't know many people.

Sounds like a bad case of lust....and it won't last because 'lust' doesn't last forever. There needs to be 'more' and for a relationship to make it to the next level and last the long haul.

Personally and I'm not being funny, but your last relationship failed and because you had 'nothing' in common....yet you jumped in with another girl you have nothing in common with???

Not the brightest spark on the planet are you?

Wow I googled 'we have nothing in common but I love him' and came across this thread. I have been with my boyfriend for 2.5 years. We actually have nothing in common. I'm studying law and politics, he's studying sport and exercise science. He is very fit, enjoys working out and everything, I have to force myself to do it. Even foodwise, we do not really like the same foods. But I love him more than any person in the world, and he loves me too.

I think there are qualities that we admire about each other that go beyond having common interests. I think if you really love somebody, you love them because of their personal qualities and attributes, not because of what they study or work at or do or are interested in. I think that's why we are able to stay together.

You don't have to have anything in common with her, as far as interests go. I've dated chicks who I've shared very little interests with. Like I'll be all about knitting, vacuuming, doing dishes, talking about feelings and all she wants to talk about is sports. It is frustrating, but you just have to listen to each other and try the best you can. (Before I get any hate-filled responses, I am obviously being very sarcastic). In seriousness though, you learn new things from her, she learns new things from you, you find shit that you both enjoy, and voila! Suddenly you have shit in common.

Hey, i had to give my opinion which is quite different from the overall tendancy.

I once had a boyfriend for more than a year... We didn't have so much in common, or so it seemed: i spent a great deal of my time listening to music, going to festivals and gigs, and he wasn't that much into it, he only had a couple of bands that he liked and full stop. He wasn't the kind of guy who was willing to broaden his musical knowledge and i was! Furthermore, I had travelled quite a lot, and still had a burning desire to learn more, to see more and to meet people whereas he had been living in the same town since he was born...

At the beginning i thought to myself we were so different that couldn't work...
    And in the end of the day, i was wrong! We would spend nights having endless talks about petty or serious things. He was smart, interested in what i had to say, and i was fascinated by his scientific knowledge. Plus we had an obvious sexual chemistry, and all that made for the initial differences.
    And guess what, he's one of the 2 guys i've really loved...

So when you say you have nothing in common, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't have anything to share.
    Take it easy, don't rack your brain even before you get chances to see what comes out of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12