+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some third party advice...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    at least shes contacting you dude...
    Doesn't necessary help if they contact you Dark, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Getting over your first love is the hardest. No contact will help, but the most important thing is to realize this is quite normal. Think about all you learned from each other and be thankful for your time together. There will be other loves, none quite so sweet as the first but that's part of the journey.

When you are both recovered (with new partners is usually best), it might be nice to reconnect as adult friends. Lots of people do.
    I know that saying "the first love will be the sweetest", but I think I missed that. Or I just had more worse first love than other people. D: I recall that I had some great time, but nowadays it felts like typical rollercoaster what teenager filled with hormons will do.
    I've got way more from later relationships, where I have had the ability to act like an adult. There are some pros with following your heart, but in my case it feels like that my heart tries evey trick it has to bash me around.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by that one guy View Post
    I'm not terribly hurt or anything. I still do think about her all the time but the break-up is still pretty fresh as it will be one week tomorrow. I decided to simply text back a, "That's great! Congrats." as per your advice. We'll see if she continues to try and text me.
    You'll do fine. BTW, if she is having second thoughts then keeping your distance is also the best way to handle things. Short answers are good, but don't forget not to respond to her immediately. If she wants you back you need to make her hustle. If you make it too easy for her, she won't appreciate you. Its all about confidence and backbone.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You'll do fine. BTW, if she is having second thoughts then keeping your distance is also the best way to handle things. Short answers are good, but don't forget not to respond to her immediately. If she wants you back you need to make her hustle. If you make it too easy for her, she won't appreciate you. Its all about confidence and backbone.
    Agreed. I find myself still moping around and thinking about her but I'm still doing a great job keeping my composure for the most part. She hasn't texted me back but I can only hope. I'm keeping my distance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by confusius View Post
    Doesn't necessary help if they contact you Dark, trust me.
    I agree... especially if I don't feel like I have a chance but her texting makes me hope that I do. I shouldn't expect anything but it helps to know that she cares enough to text me once a day.

yeah.. mine doesnt even care enough to do that.. and thats the last promise he broke..that no matter how busy we were, we would always at least msg each other once a day..

Quote Originally Posted by Purrzzzzzz View Post
    yeah.. mine doesnt even care enough to do that.. and thats the last promise he broke..that no matter how busy we were, we would always at least msg each other once a day..
    I'm sure it'll get to the point of her not texting anymore. She still talks to my friends, apparently but it's only been the morning. She hasn't texted one time so I think I'm definitely overreacting. Like she said before she left, she was trying to detach herself because she had to leave. She's probably still doing that. I hope...

he said that too.. but how much effort does one frikkin msg take?

Purzzzzzzzzz better off to not get the message if you ask me

After everything he has done to you why would you even think of getting back with him???

All his messages will do is keep him in your head and stop you from moving on so that you can get to a place where you can meet someone that will treat you right

I struggle enough with not thinking about my ex, last thing I need right now is her popping up in a text and starting me off again.

I know.. you are so right.. and I know you are.. but I also know my dumb ass will be sitting here tomorrow waiting till its time to go to work.. then I will be crushed, again, and force myself to get it together so I can go.. at least I made it thru work today..

I thought I was doing so well but then I wake up this morning to a text, simply saying, "I'm moving to Canada this year." That cross-country guy lives there... I'm devastated. I have so much immense pain in my stomach. I don't know what to do anymore... How should I even respond to this?

After discussing things further with a few close friends, I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'm better off. It hurts to find out that only a week has passed since she dumped me, moved and is already set on moving cross country, AGAIN to be with someone else. She's a leech and that's all there is to it. This relationship will end like all the others and while I miss her now, I'll get past it. I want to be with her, no doubt but if she comes back and wants to try again, I'm really going to evaluate her and assess if she's actually made any changes to her life/to better herself. I'm not going to make any strides toward fixing the relationship or getting her back when I did nothing wrong and treated her like a queen. I'll have moments of weakness and I have every right to considering it's only been a week; the wounds are still fresh. I'm not going to be jealous, angry or bitter. She wants to make these bad decisions, be my guest. She'll realize soon how much of a catch I am and what she's missing out on. I'll strive to better myself and look forward to the next person who can make me happy. Il miss her. I love her. I care for her. That's that. I'm not even going to reply to her. I've already deleted all her photos and un-friended her from every site I can think of. Just steps to help me.
    Last edited by that one guy; 23-05-11 at 10:30 AM.

Like you posted in my thread, I can absolutely sympathize 100% with where your at, bc I'm there too. And I tell myself everyday that I can have no regrets because I never cheated or lied to her and treated her really well. She decided to leave and make out with some kid while we were dating, so why do I want that back? I know the feeling though, and what keeps going through my head is that I want the old gf back from the first 7 months we were together not the POS that she was the last week. So every time you wish she was with you whether it be riding in the car or watching a show you 2 used to watch. Try not to picture the old gf that you laughed with and had great times with. Just picture the person who would really be there with you the distant, unfriendly and unaffectionate gf who was there at the end of the relationship. For me that's the hardest part to get through my thick skull, is that the person I fell in love with is gone and I will never get her back because of the things she's done. Even if we got back together I highly doubt things would ever be as good as they were the first time around, and it does suck but hopefully will get better over time.

thats right.. and if u do get the urge to reply to her, tell her your great news- that you found someone new!! (just make someone up in your head)

god motley.. you are right.. sad as it is for all of us, it would never be like it was before...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast