View Poll Results: If you had to pick, who do you side with most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • HIS

11 84.62%
  • HERS

2 15.38%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Really? You're probably more of a pain than I am! ha

lol dgaenger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm on your husband's side. Your behavior was very childish. It wouldn't have taken more than a minute to send him a text message telling him you were safe in your office, and would talk to him later that night. It also would have saved yourself from receiving 8 calls over a few hours. You did not play it smart.
    Agree^.

Your behaviour was childish and vindictive. I suspect this is why you are having marriage problems. If you have children then your behaviour is completely irresponsible.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by love Is Hurt View Post
    You are right in getting some space from him, I think that you are doing the right thing. Good luck and I hope that the situation resolves itself!

Charlotte x
    You're a faggot.

Anyway, I love that she's calling his text to call around to try to find her a "threat".

What demented sense of reality, he sure picked a good one...
    Last edited by Junket; 27-05-11 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leftright View Post
    Really? You're probably more of a pain than I am! ha
    I've already been that far with one relationship and it wasn't worth continuing. Look, if you are getting into arguments where you're getting up and leaving and sleeping somewhere else, you seriously need counseling or some kind of mediation.

well i don't have kids so it was only halfsies irresponsible, then. so that's a plus!

but like i said, i GET that i SHOULD have texted. i don't agree that i was being vindictive. selfish? yes. childish? maybe, but unintentionally, which actually only makes one more childish, strangely enough! and lastly, i wasn't punishing him, because i did not and still do not see anything he needs to be punished for.

i merely "didn't get it" as dumb as it may seem, but hey, we're all dumb at least one half of one second in life -- even if mine was today AND the day my mother gave birth to me.

again, i appreciate the opinions, thoughts, perspective, etc. i think i have better clarity on the whole situation and i can't WAIT to tell my husband he was wrong about all this! amiright!!!

this forum really likes adjectives by the way.

(ps: i'm not really going to tell my husband he was wrong. don't worry, guys!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You're a faggot.

Anyway, I love that she's calling his text to call around to try to find her a "threat".

It is a threat. Anytime somebody says "If you ____, then I will ____" it's a threat. Was it a physical threat? No. Was it unreasonable? You bet. She told him where she was going and that she wanted space. That's her right. When he didn't get his way, he very childishly resorted to threats. His problem.

i mean "threat" in the sense that i didn't think he'd follow through on it PLUS he knew where i was going, so i didn't imagine my whereabouts were a heightened concern since i already told him.

i GET that he wanted to make sure i didn't die getting from point A to point B, or that i wasn't murdered by a serial killer or just your average killer upon arrival at point B.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    It is a threat. Anytime somebody says "If you ____, then I will ____" it's a threat.
    Bzzzt, wrong. It's a statement.

Not a threat: "If you take out the trash, I will give you a blow job"
    Threat: "If you touch my daughter, I will rip your balls off and shove them up your ass so far [...] and the doctor will have to use a scalpel to remove it!"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    It is a threat. Anytime somebody says "If you ____, then I will ____" it's a threat. Was it a physical threat? No. Was it unreasonable? You bet. She told him where she was going and that she wanted space. That's her right. When he didn't get his way, he very childishly resorted to threats. His problem.
    a declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course; menace

How dare he try to inflict worry upon her!

My vote counts for 2, since my g/f is also siding with him.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by leftright View Post
    i mean "threat" in the sense that i didn't think he'd follow through on it PLUS he knew where i was going, so i didn't imagine my whereabouts were a heightened concern since i already told him.

i GET that he wanted to make sure i didn't die getting from point A to point B, or that i wasn't murdered by a serial killer or just your average killer upon arrival at point B.
    I'm going to guess...23 years old?

THAT is how it felt. like "if you don't do what i want then i'm gonna blah blah blah" which made me go "ok, here, have what you want."

he knew where i was going.
    i get that he wanted to make sure that i wasn't dead. EVEN though I PERSONALLY think it's a little histrionic, but that's my opinion and i'm not holding my opinion against him when he says he genuinely felt concerned.
    but i see that i should have texted him -- i didn't because IN THAT MOMENT i thought it was enough that i previously told him where i was going.

no, not 23. is that the magic age where you have a sense of humor about your problems? just trying to lighten it up.

He wasn't threatening you. He was concerend about you. You leave in the middle of the night to go to an empty office/building/parkinglot? Obviously you work alone otherwise you would not still be sleeping at 9am at the office.

Second, you can't 'avoid' the fight if you live with someone. Leaving to sleep at the office. Refusing to answer the phone. That is the equivalent of when you were dating, going home and not asnwering the phone. A lot of times it isn't just to avoid the fight, you are hoping to make them sweat/suspense while giving them the silent treatment.

Stop playing games. Your adult enough to get married, then be adult enough to talk it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You're a faggot.

wait.. how did i miss this.
    my husband is going to be annoyed that the guy calling people "faggot" is siding with him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast