+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Nice! I want something to represent my boy but can't decide what.
    Thats where it gets hard - took my 9 years before I settled on what I wanted...but now that I have, I just LOVE it!

I decided for certain that I would one day get a tattoo when I was 14. Took me another 14 years to make a decision.

Vanessa, i like full sleeves too, but not overly fond of them on chicks. Not a fan of chest tags on chicks either.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I'd like to get a tattoo. All the nice girls who've liked me have at least one.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Seeing as I reckon I'd regret just doing something 'for kicks' I've stayed away from tats thus far, though I quite like the white ink one, looks more subtle, almost like a patterned scar.

A "Go hard or go home - I have no home" might do the trick someday if I keep up with moving overseas every couple of years.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmmm, where to start...I have quite a few!

I have hearts vertically down my spine, from my neck all the way down all joined together- 20 hours of tattooing in total.

I have stars across my belly, flowers creeping across my ribs and also have writing on the ribs too. I also have various different smaller ones in different places over my body, though i have been careful so that I can hide them all as i do go to a few events where i want to look classy- and tattoo's are not classy! The only one i struggle to hide is the top heart- but I just style my hair to hide it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I waited a couple years before I got my first tat on my right shoulder, the eye of horus with a bricked pyramid in the background. I loved the symbolism at that time and even though I'm not spiritual anymore it's still my favourite tat. I also have kanji on my left upper arm which means tantra.

I like tats, but I prefer to keep them in places I can hide. I would like to get a lotus on my lower back, which I've been wanting/planning over 10 years. The fact that lower back tats are commonplace has kept me from getting it. Well that and money!
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

I've got a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo on it, and it's on my butt.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    I've got a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo on it, and it's on my butt.
    Buttception?

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Buttception?
    It hypnotises people.

Hey, you're Finnish right? Do you know of a composer called Einojuhani Rautavaara? And yes, I wrote that off the top of my head without having to check the spelling! He is one of my favourite composers.

Sibelius is overrated in my opinion. I wonder if he had any tattoos?

Hehe, this is way off topic
    I haven't listened Rautavaara (yes correctly spelled) much. I Just checked out some on youtube and seems like he's a bit too post modern for my taste.
    Sibelius' Finlandia is one of my favourite pieces of music ever and can't possibly be overrated

Back on topic, I wonder if Bach had any tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I decided for certain that I would one day get a tattoo when I was 14. Took me another 14 years to make a decision.

Vanessa, i like full sleeves too, but not overly fond of them on chicks. Not a fan of chest tags on chicks either.
    I think sleeves look kinda hot on girls. Even hotter on guys. Chest tats look good on guys but I don't like them on chicks either. And if I see one more pair of boobs with paws on 'em my head will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    And if I see one more pair of boobs with paws on 'em my head will explode.
    Really?

The only paws I've ever seen on a pair of girls boobs have been my own (paws).

You've never seen girls with paws tattooed on their boobs? I've seen quite a few. It's ugly, unoriginal and distasteful. I admit tattoos are not the classiest thing which is part of the reason why I'm not getting any but there's a line between self expression and vulgarity. Actually if I think of it there isn't one if that's the kind of person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Actually if I think of it there isn't one if that's the kind of person you are.
    I didn't get that bit.

I was distracted by the talk of boobs.

I have a panther on my upper right arm, and I want to get a full back done with an extract of lyrics from 46 & 2 by Tool. It's become my anthem:

I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow
    Change is coming.
    Now is my time.

Done center-justified, of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast