+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Tattoos

Who's got 'em?

Who wants 'em?

What have you got / do you want? And where?

I have a phoenix on my back, top of it reaches my rib cage bottom of it is just above my hips.
    I have perspective written on my left wrist and a musical heart on the fleshy bit between my thumb and forefinger on my left hand.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I want angel wings, kinda like these, minus the stitches, they scare me. =P And mine would be white and black instead of brown and gold like hers.
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

I like the angel wings and considered them myself but saw them too often.

I like them done like this. That is a lot of money and a crap load of pain though.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

The way these are with just white ink. It is really pretty, barely visible, makes them look so delicate.

Yeah I thought about getting the really big angel wings but decided that I didn't want a tattoo taking up my entire back. Pain and money it would cost just is not worth it XD

I really don't like the position of the white wings. I also think when you go through that much pain (the rib cage is a very painful area to tattoo) you'd want a more obvious result.
    Also a tattoo like that has a chance of 'staining' over time if it's in a poor quality ink or fading within a few years.

yeah I dont like the position of the white ones either. I would get the ones in the first picture, only in white like the second picture, maybe with some black outlining and shading so they stand out a little more. I dunno, I have a whole year to think about it before I can get them anyway.

I was 28 when I got my first tattoo. 30 when I started fixing my first tattoo. Still have work to do on it. It's already cost me $975 and put me through 7.5 hours of pain. The last session on it was 4 hours long and had me sobbing in hubbys arms by the end. That was mostly because the first artist - strike that, tattooist - was very heavy handed and actually scarred me. The artist that worked on it last was a lot gentler but it still hurt like a bitch going over that scar tissue.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want one on my back, but it's taken me years to do it because I want it to be something classy and meaningful.

I think the last thing I was considering was a phrase in Latin, but I still can't decide on the font. Arggh.....it'll be another ten years before I finally do it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I want it to be something classy
    Let me know when you figure out which one that would be. I haven't EVER seen one I'd call classy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I'm getting one on my forearm that says >>=

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_(functional_programming[/url])
    slightly confused.

you want what?

I have a bee on the back of my neck...well its a bit lower, you know on the knobbly bit just below your neck? Its sort of looks tribal-ish - got it because my daughters nickname is Bee and when she was a toddler and learning to say her name, I always used to sing "bee bee bumble bee, can you sing your name to me?" and she's giggle hysterically...

I want another one...I've drawn lots of designs, but nothing that I really want.

I got a tattoo of a coconut on each one of my balls.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Deeza07 View Post
    I have a bee on the back of my neck...well its a bit lower, you know on the knobbly bit just below your neck? Its sort of looks tribal-ish - got it because my daughters nickname is Bee and when she was a toddler and learning to say her name, I always used to sing "bee bee bumble bee, can you sing your name to me?" and she's giggle hysterically...

I want another one...I've drawn lots of designs, but nothing that I really want.
    Nice! I want something to represent my boy but can't decide what.

I love it when I see a sleeve on someone but I just couldn't do it on myself. I've been thinking about getting some for years but I don't think I ever will, don't wanna do something I might end up regretting later. Not that I'd get any in visible areas but I think it's a better choice not to get any overall. I'd rather just keep admiring them on others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast