+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genetics verses environment

Does that mean that we should also take the idea that spitting, burping and coughing is good for your health because it is evil spirits leaving the body?

Think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Think I'll pass.
    Pass ... wind?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Does that mean that we should also take the idea that spitting, burping and coughing is good for your health because it is evil spirits leaving the body?

Think I'll pass.
    please do, ninny
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are too many issues all mixed up in this post so I will simply direct to some authors who can tell it better than I. If this is a serious question, there are serious answers available:

[url=http://www.mit.edu/~ejhanna/sci/evobook.html]Books about Evolution[/url]

I will agree with whoever corrected the post that evolution is not a hypothesis. It is a theory with massive amounts of data supporting it, which is why it is (and should be) taught in schools as part of a science curriculum.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

oh indi, i can now go to bed, i thought this thread was going to get interesting, you're so dissapointing. boo.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sorry, shall I delete my post so you can carry on with your trolling?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

indi tut tut, plastering a link doesn't constitute knowing anything, which is generally what you like to pretend. anyway i'm surprised you're not here trying to show off what you think you know but which is regurgitated from a book you haven't read. clever girlie.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've read all those books, but you know this. Anyway, I've been away for a bit so you'll have to troll someone else tonight, Eco.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I've read all those books, but you know this. Anyway, I've been away for a bit so you'll have to troll someone else tonight, Eco.
    lol haha, do you have to indi... do ya just have to make me laugh *snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    the traditional chinese medicine believe that all illness is psycologically related. they also have a what seems to be a more acurate model of DNA dating back thousands of years...
    So do Scientologists. They're crazy too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So do Scientologists. They're crazy too.

wow are you saying the chinese are crazy?!...the arrogance of it.

Eco, normally I'd welcome you back, but when you're starting to pull shit out of thin air already it makes it difficult to do so.

actually lipp i'm not making this up, which makes this threads responses so interesting too. tcm has been around for thousands of years and they believe in bringing the body's energy (chi) back to balance and this includes emotion and is a very dominant feature of this medicine. it's not a new concept, like i say it's been around a lot longer than conventional thinking. also quantum phsyics shows how conventional medicine needs to catch up with tcm. it's the holy grail explaination of existence and harmony. so it would seem anyway. i'm not a scientist but i am curious and i find this pretty facinating, but i do need critical thinkers to have an opinion not the usual 'read this link' with basic info otherwise it just becomes a silly battle of egos (which i admit can be fun but a little less interesting)
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 26-08-11 at 07:51 PM.

Sure. Every culture has craziness to it. But mainly I meant that anybody that believes that illnesses are the fault of the person that has them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't disagree that mental health plays a role in physical health, but it's ridiculous (imo) to think that genetics play no role, and irresponsible to imply that modern medicine doesn't produce results.

Seek balance, eco. Modern medicine and traditional medicine are most effective when used together.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast