+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating Rules

i am fine with the fact that my gf wants to spend time with other friends who may or may not be of the same sex. trust the basic building block of a relationship but it comes with a very special discount offer called jealousy.

if i saw a boy trying to get too close to my gf, he's dead as in DEAD.

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

If I saw a boy trying to get close to my gf I'd say, "If you can make her happier than I, buddy my hat's off to you" If I love her I want her to be the happiest she could be, not the happiest she could be with me.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    If I saw a boy trying to get close to my gf I'd say, "If you can make her happier than I, buddy my hat's off to you" If I love her I want her to be the happiest she could be, not the happiest she could be with me.
    Amen to that! I want him to be the happiest he could be, but if he gets unhappy waiting around for her to break up with her boyfriend, then what can we do? Offer my shoulder for him to cry on. That's the most satisfaction you can get, just being there when they need you. What say you, Nomas?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Are you sure?

Donut: I know talk is cheap..but at least in theory I believe it to be true.

Sophi, I say what you say. This world is a balance of people spread all accross the spectrum. There are people like us who like to comfort/play the martyr so to speak.. take the selfless road..and there are those who don't. I think we're in the minority group.

but sometimes, doesn't it hurt you to see them hurt and to see the other person so insensitive to your dear one emotions? Makes me angry at that other person? How can they not see how much love your dear one has for them?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Sure..seeing them hurt gives us a chance to really play our strength and nurse their shattered emotions back to health. Again, we're playing protectors and the such. We've got motherly instincts, I guess.

Last night, I read him your response to the first thing I posted. I was so excited about it that I didn't think twice before telling him about it.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Hmm...I went back and read it. Can't figure out why it's so exciting a response. Can you tell me what you felt was the point that you liked the most?

Hmm...I went back and read it. Can't figure out why it's so exciting a response. Can you tell me what you felt was the point that you liked the most?
    "For him, you're just a friend he's liberal enough to have a good time with with physical displays of affection."

A simple, well-stated, objective and non-judgmental observation from someone whose opinion/belief matters a lot to him. Not so much in the statement, but in the fact that The Nomas replied.

I can say the same thing about what I feel like I am to him. Even then, it's only how I feel about the situation, sort of subjective, agree? I'll feel bad about having said it, or thought it because he constantly repeats to me, during that period, that he doesn't see me that way- as in that statement.

But you, after reading that anonymous post, and not knowing who you responded to, just told us what you see of the situation. And that touched him tremendously (I think). So much so that this morning is the first morning in a while that he didn't call or text me. (Or he may not have called for other reasons, but not even an early morning text? That's not him. Since December, he's texted every morning, even if just a simple buenos dias.)

Now, I feel bad because this was a closed book already, and we are both trying to remain friends and telling him your comment was just not a very smart move on my part. All he wants is peace, and it seemed that I have failed as a friend to give him that much.

I digress. I think your idea have a high chance of working if both are each other preferences. Most of all is Trusting in each other that you are each other's preferences.
    "Ogres are like onions."

I see, Sophi..

Well, I'm glad I lucked out and didn't call him a jerk or anything, ha ha..somtimes I can be sarcastic just to be cute and that could have been bad if taken literally.

I don't forsee this rolling downhill, Sophi, as far as your friendship with him, so don't even stress about that.

So are you coming down in May? It'll be fun meeting you and putting up yet another pic of nomas meeting another forum member, ha ha..

You did check out the gallery, right?

oh yeah! saw the pictures. You look VERY happy in every single one of them.

and i wanna hear ostrich noises so you betcha i'm going in may.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12