+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Online dating, what are the rules?

Online dating, what are the rules?

I set up a plenty of fish profile almost two months ago. Since then I've met up with 6 women, slept with 4 of them. I feel like I'm being a bit deceitful since when I'm with any of them, they are my focus and I act(and really am) very interested in them, but know that they are not the only one. I have not had any exclusivity talks, but a couple of them I can tell for certain, I'm the only person they're seeing, while another I am sure has to be seeing other people too. I don't really know what I expect from this, or even what I want really, though I know I just want to be happy. I've stopped initiating contact with new people, but they haven't stopped initiating with me. I just don't really know what to do..do I keep going with new girls or do I try to start something serious with one of these women. Can something serious come from one of these relationships that started based almost solely on sex? All thoughts, opinions, and advice welcomed and appreciated.

You're just casually dating, don't see anything wrong in your actions. PoF is pretty well known for being a meat-market anyway.

I don't see why you couldn't start something serious, if that's what both of you are interested in... I wouldn't try to start anything serious with a woman that threw pussy at me before the, oh, third date or so but if you're ready to switch to exclusive and so's she I say go for it!

If this was happening on one of the relationship-centric sites then I may have lightly scolded you for not operating on good faith; plentyoffish is closer to adultfriendfinder than it is to eharmony though, so no worries.

Really? I don't know much about the sites, but pof seems much less seedy than adultfriendfinder. I guess the proof is in the pudding, even though a couple of these girls are really genuine, nice, cool girls. Like I said, there's been nothing close to an exclusivity talk with any of them, so I'm not pushing it but it's just got me wondering. Guess I'm just gonna keep running through 'em until I find something that really jumps out at me.

yeah dude just keep having fun. I'm kinda going through the same thing right now, talking to multiple girls and I'm pretty interested in several of them. There's nothing wrong with dating several girls, but once they start throwing the "what are we" questions out there and you dont want to take it further, it might be time to go.