+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to find out if she's single...

Misombra---""you are so pretty you MUST have a boyfriend.?"

Arrrghghghhg.....so this is what it means??? Afterall these years I finally understand the statement.

*bashes self over the head*

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    If I just outright ask her if she's seeing anyone, that might be too forward and it might scare her away. Do you think I should just ask her out and hope for the best?
    Wow, you really need to re-define "forward". Don't ever worry about scaring girls away if it's something you wouldn't mind being asked in reverse. However, make sure she knows you well enough before you poke the "will you?" at her, or if you feel strongly enough that there are mutually strong feelings, then just do it.

I have the biggest problem figuring out whether I should ask girls out or not because I have NO clue if they have a b/f or not. I don't know how to find out, but I think you should just ask her to hang out and see what she says, then take it from there. I wish there were easy ways to just talk to girls about almost anything.

Tone Guest
    LoL I hear you, it's hard. There's a girl here that I work with that I have absolutely no contact with (just see her walkin around) that I really wanna ask out but I'm tryin to figure out first how to find out if she has a b/f

it's insane! I think if you want to know, you should just ask. THe worse thing that will happen is you find otu she's with someone. If she is, you move on, that's all. Simple. It hurts. But you move on.

My fortune from last night: Anyone who dares to be is never weak.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    it's insane! I think if you want to know, you should just ask. THe worse thing that will happen is you find otu she's with someone. If she is, you move on, that's all. Simple. It hurts. But you move on.

My fortune from last night: Anyone who dares to be is never weak.
    I think there's more than just a girl saying she has a b/f. There's the embarrassment of asking her because then she knows that you like her. There's the embarrassment of her friends or people you know that know her finding out. There's the feeling of being nervous and let down whenever you see her. There's the pressure of acting cool about being rejected whenever you see her. I'm sure there's more feelings.

Why don't you just ask one of the girl's friends???

I think there's more than just a girl saying she has a b/f. There's the embarrassment of asking her because then she knows that you like her. There's the embarrassment of her friends or people you know that know her finding out. There's the feeling of being nervous and let down whenever you see her. There's the pressure of acting cool about being rejected whenever you see her. I'm sure there's more feelings.
    Yeah, that's exactly it. If only you could find out her "situation" beforehand, you could save yourself all this nervousness and embarassment because then you'd know whether it was worth trying or not. There just doesn't just to be an easy way to find out. And once she knows you like her, things get very awkward if she has already has a BF. I've been down that road before and it ain't pretty. It's better to find out in advance if you can. Just don't know how.

Oh, and if you ask one of her friends, her friends will of course tell her you like her. And that probably isn't the best way for her to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by bball_1523
    yes there is! I completely agree with you on that. But it boggles me that so many people would rather post questions here than to ask the person they really should be asking. We will be able to say "well, i think this or i think that." But the only way you'll ever find out is by asking her or her friend.

And it's really nothing to be embarrassed about because everybody (or at least most people) have gone through this. It's not a shame. How many of us like people who don't like us?

Unless you don't want to risk losing her friendship or something, then work up your courage to ask her.

You have the choice to not do it because you're embarassed that other people are going to find out you have feelings for her or have the choice of taking a risk and hoping that something goes from there.
    I'm always for the risk (reasonable ones).

Anyway, if you like her, why should you be embarrased that others find out? Maybe they can help put you in a good light or something.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    My case isn't I'm embarrassed I just want to be sure to make the right impression. You know the saying, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"?

Guess I'm just lookin for some good / smooth ways to approach someone you don't know and find out if they have a b/f. I don't want to just walk up to her and say "Hey are you seeing someone?" cause I don't want to make her feel ackward (she seems kinda shy) or make myself seem too forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    My case isn't I'm embarrassed I just want to be sure to make the right impression. You know the saying, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"?

Guess I'm just lookin for some good / smooth ways to approach someone you don't know and find out if they have a b/f. I don't want to just walk up to her and say "Hey are you seeing someone?" cause I don't want to make her feel ackward (she seems kinda shy) or make myself seem too forward...
    If she's also into you, any way you do it will be smooth/good..

OH, work.. You can talk by approaching her. First smile, then, say hi, then, more hellos.. then "hey, what do you like to do, sort of stuff.." then move on to "what are you up to this weekend."
    Last edited by artyemi; 21-05-05 at 05:03 AM.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by bball_1523
    I have the biggest problem figuring out whether I should ask girls out or not because I have NO clue if they have a b/f or not. I don't know how to find out, but I think you should just ask her to hang out and see what she says, then take it from there. I wish there were easy ways to just talk to girls about almost anything.
    ummm yeah.. men seems to think that there are no easy ways to just talk to girls about almost anything and women seems to think that there are no easy ways to talk to men about just anything...

everybody, we're all just humans, you know. Other than the fact that we are different genders, both sexes can talk to each other about almost anything....
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    If she's also into you, any way you do it will be smooth/good..

In what kind of situation do you know her? School? Take classes together? More specifics..
    Work in same building, but in totally different departments. I only see her few times a week but want to start taking advantage of these opportunities and stop worrying about the "perfect" thing to say... easier said than done

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Work in same building, but in totally different departments. I only see her few times a week but want to start taking advantage of these opportunities and stop worrying about the "perfect" thing to say... easier said than done
    yeah, i know what you mean. i used to avoid people that i think i might like.. what a weirdo, huh?

anyway, now I don't. If I think there's potentially any feeling, I go for it. Not completely. I mean, I definitely make sure that I ask them out for dinner or drinks or something or at least get down their info (like email)..

So first, walk by and smile. Next time, stop and say hello. Ask her stuff like how long she's been working there, or whatever. Maybe next time again, you can talk about taking lunch together or something.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast