+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not having gone to prom depresses me..

Many people find whining very unattractive.

And the same thing can be attractive to some people, unattractive to other people. So there's no point in thinking (for example) "omg I have a big nose therefore I'm unattractive". There are certainly people who find your nose attractive.

So yeah, quit whining and work on your self-esteem, that does NOT need any outside validation.

In high school, I was a skinny guy with acne. I didn't date until my freshman year of college. On prom night, I was hanging out at my house with several close friends. It was no big deal. We shared some laughs and played boardgames. I wasn't scarred for life, and I certainly don't dwell upon it.

My current girlfriend had a great time at her prom. She was in a serious relationship with her boyfriend at the time. Right after high school, she and her boyfriend got an apartment together. She thought everything was perfect, until the day when she came home from work early and caught him in their bed with another woman. They had a really nasty breakup that included him kidnapping her cat at one point. Now she can't enjoy her memories of prom because then she thinks about her crappy ex-boyfriend.

So which of us is overall happier about our prom night experience? Probably me.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I'm not whining, goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    And the same thing can be attractive to some people, unattractive to other people. So there's no point in thinking (for example) "omg I have a big nose therefore I'm unattractive". There are certainly people who find your nose attractive.

So yeah, quit whining and work on your self-esteem, that does NOT need any outside validation.
    Not this again..some folks are attractive to a great number of folks. Attractiveness exists and it is what a given society says is attractive. Therefore, society does dictate who is and who is not attractive. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    In high school, I was a skinny guy with acne. I didn't date until my freshman year of college. On prom night, I was hanging out at my house with several close friends. It was no big deal. We shared some laughs and played boardgames. I wasn't scarred for life, and I certainly don't dwell upon it.

My current girlfriend had a great time at her prom. She was in a serious relationship with her boyfriend at the time. Right after high school, she and her boyfriend got an apartment together. She thought everything was perfect, until the day when she came home from work early and caught him in their bed with another woman. They had a really nasty breakup that included him kidnapping her cat at one point. Now she can't enjoy her memories of prom because then she thinks about her crappy ex-boyfriend.

So which of us is overall happier about our prom night experience? Probably me.
    At least you had friends to hang out with. I think I was at home by myself that night...I don't really remember.

Your anecdote doesn't really change who had the better prom night experience, speaking specifically about prom and not the days or years after.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Not this again..some folks are attractive to a great number of folks. Attractiveness exists and it is what a given society says is attractive. Therefore, society does dictate who is and who is not attractive. It's a fact.
    Then why am I not attracted to, say, George Clooney? Yet society tells us that he is "attractive", and I'm sure many other women on this forum are attracted to him. I'm sure you aren't attracted to at least some celebrities that are considered "attractive" by society.

A girl friend of mine has completely different tastes in men than I have.

It has happened to me more than once that I was NOT attracted, at first, to a guy that I later on thought was the most attractive person on earth (one of my exes and my current bf).

I could go on, but why waste more time? You won't listen anyway. It would be too scary for you to remove your shield of delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    At least you had friends to hang out with. I think I was at home by myself that night...I don't really remember.

Your anecdote doesn't really change who had the better prom night experience, speaking specifically about prom and not the days or years after.
    Sure it does. I have a fond memory of that night, and she has a tainted memory of that night. She regrets ever dating that guy, and I have no regrets. In the long term, my experience was better.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Shield of delusions? More like shield of knowing I'm too good for most girls. It sucks but hey, virtue is sometimes a vice..

If you're not a serial killer in 5 years, I'll eat my hat.

I'm not going to be a serial killer, bro.

That's just what a killer would say.

How would you know what a killer would say?

I used to work for the FBI doing criminal profiles, if you must know.

Hey... mee tooo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast