+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend sees me like a mother

i dont think its a bad thing. Most men adore their mother and if you remind him of her a little-how is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    i dont think its a bad thing. Most men adore their mother and if you remind him of her a little-how is that a bad thing?
    I love my mother....but GD NEVER EVER EVER would I date someone like her. Needy, pessimistic, guilt trip giving, marter she is... Love her, but when I meet a woman like her I run.

lol haha. Well im not saying she has to be just like her. but im sure you want someone stable, caring, etc etc like her?

lol haha. Well im not saying she has to be just like her. but im sure you want someone stable, caring, etc etc like her?
    Caring..yes. Would not describe my mother as stable tho....lol. More like prone to easly cracking under the slightest stress and shutting down. Exact opposite of me. I thrive under stress. For me its never about failing, its about varing levels of success.

well i wouldn't like to be compared to my bfs mother even though I do like her. she shows she cares through nagging (constantly lol) and i rarely nag. but if i ever need to it just goes over his head coz hes used to it so thank you mother in law

well i wouldn't like to be compared to my bfs mother even though I do like her. she shows she cares through nagging (constantly lol) and i rarely nag. but if i ever need to it just goes over his head coz hes used to it so thank you mother in law
    Shit maybe hes my brother...sounds like my mother....I do have a bit of Irish in my background on my mom's side.

haha ya his mother is quite pessimistic too and complains a lot but shes v strong though and independent. shes also very unemotional (which i find annoying sometimes) my family are very affectionate and so am I. Im used to hugging people and having deep meaningful heart to hearts etc especially after a few drinks lol but she doesnt drink at all. I find it hard to get close to her. We get on well though and she likes me. Its just a very formal relationship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12