+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the heck happened? And what should I do now?

Sometimes, people don't break up with us because they have 'issues' and 'baggage'. Sometimes
    Yea, 'sometimes' they don't but in this case, according to the opening post... she's issued if she'd marry a guy she doesn't even love, stay with him after he cheated on her and go ahead and have two children with him. O.o Definately some baggage being carried around in this case. But, yea OP.. Its not you, it's her but that's got little to do with things being so fantastic that she was scared of it. If it did, then there's another good reason why you are better off without her issued Id.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 31-05-13 at 11:12 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

OP the lesson you should learn here is NOT to get so attached and obsessed after ONLY 6 dates. Seriously proceed with caution next time and dont bother dating people who are only available to see you once every 2 weeks. That is kinda mental and pointless.

Set your standards higher dude

"dont bother dating people who are only available to see you once every 2 weeks. That is kinda mental and pointless. " WTF is that? The woman is divorced and has her kids every other weekend. What is so wrong about the woman actually spending that time alone with her kids? geez, talk about mental. Its too soon for this woman to introduce this guy into the lives of her children. Sorry, but that is just plain ignorant advice. If you want to date a woman with kids you need to realize that her kids come first.

I think thats what she was getting at. Don't date anyone who has kids if HIS NEEDS are that he needs to see them more then every two weeks.

If you want to date a woman with kids you need to realize that her kids come first.
    That goes without saying. However; keeping that in mind ~ There are more days in the week then Saturday and Sunday.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

wakeup,

a good friend of mine is a single parent with custody of the kids. They have them every other weekend but every day during the week plus work a full time job. Trying to date during the week for them would be quite difficult without wanting to involve the kids yet. so, more plenty of single parents there are not more days in the week unless you hire a sitter and if you need to be at work early the next day its even harder.

I get it. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Once every two weeks is not enough time for Op so, he should indeed stay away from women that can only see him that often.

You don't have to tell me that no one should be introducing their children to anyone who isn't, for sure, 100% committed to one another and hoping for it to last the test of time

OP dude just needs to forget THIS single mother until he's sure he can handle someone with kids and who isn't issued like this particular single mother seems to be based on what little we know about her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12