+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The reason why there is no Friend-zone.

I think the term "friendzone" has been invented by a guy who thought that the girl he liked was interested in him, based purely on the fact that she was friendly with him. When they finally made a move, she told him "I'm sorry, I only see you as a friend", and he thought "Shit, she put me in the friendzone!", when in fact the truth is that she was never interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    That's an example... you can't prove a theory with just an example. I know guys who would freak out/be pissed if I played a prank on them, and girls who would be amused by it.

As for the back of the leg thing, I don't know any person (male or female) that would find it funny, above the age of about 21.
    I guess us Canadians are different then, because some in the group are in their 30's, 40's and 50's. Is part of our bonding. It's a right of passage especially when someone new starts at our work. Lots of laughs. Our customers always make comment that it must be a great place to work because there is always laughter.

Must be a Canadian thing then. I still do that to the hubby and he to me when I see his leg stance
    "bump-ready"

Happy,happy,happy!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    He's just a guy I am attracted to, or a guy I am not attracted to.
    You just described the two ladders in the ladder theory. If he proclaims his attraction you throw him into the abyss (can't be friends with him anymore).

Yes, I guess it's a Canadian thing then.

Here we have another girl who thinks it's funny, smackie.

It's a known fact that Canadians have a sense of humor...we have a lot of famous comedians too.

Ya but she lives back east, which is 3329.48 kilometers away...so that's one out of 36 million.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ya but she lives back east, which is 3329.48 kilometers away...so that's one out of 36 million.
    Hey, I'm sure you and her aren't the only girls in Canada who find that funny XD!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You just described the two ladders in the ladder theory. If he proclaims his attraction you throw him into the abyss (can't be friends with him anymore).
    Funny of you to say that to me - I'm in a long term relationship with the guy that was once my best friend for over 2 years... and initially I assure you I was not attracted to him (nor him to me - we both thought we were reasonably good-looking, but there was no attraction).

I don't make friends with guys I am attracted to or are attracted to me (I can tell pretty much always when a guy is attracted to me so that's not a problem). There can't be friendship when there is physical attraction from either side. I think if more people (guys and girls alike) followed this common sense rule more often, there would be a lot less drama around.

The "friendzone" - some people think it is the place where women put all of their friends regardlessly: they think that they put them there because they are their friends. In reality what happens is that the girl was never interested in them in the first place.

I'm sure guys have girls they are attracted to and girls they aren't attracted to, as much as girls do. And yes, some guys actually enjoy having female friends even if (or specifically because) they aren't attracted to them.

Me personally never met a guy that had a lot of female friends unless he was gay.

Anyways there still was attraction but on a different level.

There are guys that I would hit that but could never see myself having a relationship with....so there's still attraction.

So I have 3 ladders actually.....

For me there are:

1) Guys I'm not attracted to.
    2) Guys I'm attracted to and would consider a relationship with.
    3) Guys I'm attracted to and would not consider a relationship with.

I only make friends (I mean real friends - I can be friendly with anyone of course) with guys in the first category, IF they aren't attracted to me either. There is no friendzone. If anything, there's the possibility that one day I develop an attraction for one of my close friends (it has happened with my boyfriend, we were best friends before dating), hence moving them directly from category 1 to category 2.
    Last edited by searock; 16-09-13 at 07:38 AM.

The "FRIEND ZONE" refers to a platonic relationship wherein one person wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not.
    LUVKINGS

When a member of the opposite sex (usually one you want to hook up with) declares you to be "JUST A FRIEND", thereby ruining all potential chances of having a relationship.
    LUVKINGS

When someone is in the friendzone it means they are "JUST FRIENDS" and thus undateable. When a guy likes a girl but she only sees him as a "NICE GUY", a "FRIEND" and is not attracted in him for dating, he's almost like a brother and it would be gross to date a brother, He's in the "FRIEND ZONE."
    LUVKINGS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast