+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to be put in the 'Friend Zone'

How to be put in the 'Friend Zone'

The opposite of what you're used to being asked, but, as you all know, I'm a very weird human being.

Anyway, there's a few really nice girls in my school (I'd say the same for the guys, but they're mostly all jocks in my dorm). Unfortunately, as college girls (maybe not all college girls are like this, but they are around here), they've got sex and relationships on the mind.

Is there any good way to approach them that I get placed in the 'Friend Zone' immediately? It would be nice if there was, so any relationship we have would be, from the start, just a friendship thing.

Initials, if you are not attracted to these girls then that should be enough for it to not go further...and land you in the FZ....do you mean that chicks don't even want to be your friend, when they realise you're not interested?

No, that's not it.

It seems like some of them think when I approach them it's for date type reasons, which... It's not, and it's been awkward at least once. It's not really a bit deal, since I get placed in the Friend Zone eventually, I was just wondering if there is some kind of 'proper approach', if you will. An approach that let's them know my intentions without seeming rude. It's not that I'm worried about it going further, I just want them to know it won't go any further without being rude about it.

Like I said, it's not really a big deal, but it's been awkward before.

short of acting gay, I do not think there is a fast ticket to the FZ, I say this because if a girl is crushing on you, she's crushing on you, cannot control that, but this is what I meant by...if you're showing no interest whatsoever... from my perspective (if i was one of the girls in question)that is by far the fastest way to either get put into the friendzone, or get ignored completely...dnt think I could think of a sure fire, quick way into the FZ...but it would be good to hear what ideas others have on it.

Unless the woman is so full of herself to where she thinks any man who approaches her 'wants' her, there are ways to be friend-zoned quicker.

You can be honest and tell her you just want to be friends. This gives the woman the option to actually 'just be friends' as she has your words to use against you later should she feel you are developing feelings for her. Women love to have actual words they can quote as it gives them a definite "line in the sand," with which to reference.

You could approach a woman as though you were seeking advice on how to increase your chances of winning the affections of another woman. Tell them that you've asked around and they seemed to be the most knowledgeable person in regards to being able to explain what a woman wants from a man. You would be asking her for her help, and many women would be inclined to offer help, so long as you seem genuine and respectful.

If you share common friends, then this is usually enough of an excuse to want to be friends with them. Also, this would show that you are capable of being friends with females without it leading back to wanting to get physical. Essentially it would be a 'resume' demonstrating your trustworthiness as a 'friend.'

There are other ways, but that's what I could think of at the moment.

I wish I could act gay, but I'm fairly certain I'd fail miserably.

About the honest approach thing. I'd love to do that, but I can't think of a way to phrase it that doesn't seem out of the blue.

Thanks though, I have some new ideas to think about.

I tried telling one of them I was asexual (which is technically true, in the way people think of asexuality).

Amazing fluke, she considers herself an asexual. She was one of the ones I hadn't had any problems with, so I guess that explains it, huh?

Still though, it didn't really help me for seeing a 'normal' reaction to me saying that. But, I figured I would tell you guys. It made me laugh, at least.

acting nonchalant and slightly distant but friendly would make me want you more :@

dont do that

It's not awkward if you don't feel it's awkward. But if she thinks you're hitting on her and then you pick it up and feel awkward about it, she'll pick it up and it kinda spirals from there.

This is what I would do: The moment you start getting that awkward vibe from her - just call her out on it. "Hey I'm not trying to hit on you or anything if that's what you're thinking, [insert reason why she should believe you here]."

Tell them you have a friend you want to set them up with (you should get a wingman for this) or tell them they remind you of their sister.
    Spammer Spanker

If you want to end up in the friend zone, here is my "take the A train" fast track ticket to the friend zone.

1. Listen to them and all their problems, and offer actual, heart-felt yet firm advice on what you think they should do.

2. Pay a LOT of attention to them. Leave notes on their door with cute phrases like "Good luck on your test!!!". Invite them to come watch movies in your room all the time. Pop popcorn, and ask them repeatedly if they are comfortable or if they would like something.

3. Never talk about other girls, past relationships, or anything about what you'd like. Whatever you do, do not share with her any of your passions in life. If you love Harry Potter, Air Hockey, Fine Wines, Sports, whatever... never express those passions. You are just there to listen and help her.

If you do the above three steps, she will never see you as a potential mate. You will be forever relocated to the Friend Zone. If you act like she is a princess on a pedestal, she will run from you as if you were soaked in gasoline smoking a cigarette.

The term "Nice guys always finish last," is a cliche for a reason. It's true. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you have to treat a woman like shit to get her to like you. That's insulting to women and ridiculous. But woman are attracted to one thing, and one thing ONLY!!! Confidence.

I have seen 300 lb fat guys, with bad teeth, thinning hair, and drive broken down cars get moderately cute girlfriends just because he absolutely beamed confidence.

I am assuming, based on your fear of having girls fall for you, that you are a pretty attractive guy. That's awesome. But it can sometimes work against you. Because you have never had to overcome a physical short-coming to get girls, you are not well versed at all in what women are genuinely attracted to. They have always just been attracted to YOU.

So, you probably have confidence dripping from you, and you don't even know it. In fact, if you did know it, then it wouldn't be confidence, it would be fake or arrogance. And you can't fake confidence, and arrogance is sickening no matter what gender you are.

So, if you want a woman to not be attracted to you, then just act like you have no confidence. Put yourself down a little. Put your hands in your pockets and look at the floor when you talk to her. And begin a lot of sentences and then quickly say nevermind. Like, "Hey... I was just wondering if... do you think you might... oh nevermind." And when she finally drags it out of you what you were going to ask, have it be something so mundane like, "I was just wondering if you had any siblings". And when she asks why you wanted to know. Just shrug and say, "I don't know. I guess I'm just a weird-o."

This is the kind of awkward and ridiculous behavior that lands nice guys in the friend zone every day.

Ladies... can I get an AMEN?!?

I'm not really too attractive. I'm average I guess. If confidence is attractive though, that's bad for me. I'm quite a confident fellow, in most regards.

I've gotten some good advice so far. I think I should do fine if any awkward situations pop up again.