+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this girl like me or not?

She didn't tell you she has a BF.....why don't you just ask her?? Then she would know you are interested.

If she's giving you signs of interest, she could just be an attention whore.....but really what you are doing is a waste of time picking at it with a stick when you should have just been frank with her about your attraction to her....chicken little.

I think chicken little cries "The sky is falling" rather than is behaving in a cowardly way.

Now, again, if you notice, I did already ask her out for coffee after finals and she agreed. The reason I did that is because I thought it was a clear cut case of her being interested in me and vice versa, and this was before I found her and her boyfriend on facebook.

Coffee is a terrible date idea, especially if she doesn't know it's supposed to be a date.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Coffee is a terrible date idea, especially if she doesn't know it's supposed to be a date.
    Agreed--but she touched him on the date, so she was flirtatious regardless of whether she knew it's a date

Well hell, if she likes me enough she'll go. Just shouldn't be this complicated.

She is 100% aware that I'm interested in her, I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    Well hell, if she likes me enough she'll go. Just shouldn't be this complicated.

lol! Well are you sure you are still interested with a girl that acted as if her BF didn't exist? If she can do it to him, she can do it to you. (Unless he really isn't compatible with her in the long-term or that you're way better)

I'm not doubting her knowledge of your interest. I'm just saying that asking someone for coffee is ambiguous at best, so she probably thinks that while you're interested in her, you are either boring or have no testicles. It's really not complicated. You like a girl, you ask her out, you make a move on her. All questions are answered, and no room for questions or forum threads. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    lol! Well are you sure you are still interested with a girl that acted as if her BF didn't exist? If she can do it to him, she can do it to you. (Unless he really isn't compatible with her in the long-term or that you're way better)

This is at the forefront of my mind when I interact with her. It is a problem. Because her boyfriend didn't introduce himself as such (just as "I'm xxxx"), I wonder about how they view their own relationship. But in their facebook page, about the time her and I were planning our meetup, she posted as her profile pic the two of them together at a concert, and said it was for "Our two and a half."

So yeah. Warning signs abound. And one wonders seriously why I'm even giving this further thought and attention.

Any maybe I'm not appreciating just how much weight two and a half years has versus being a guy she met in lab this semester.
    Last edited by RobertWQ; 29-11-13 at 12:59 PM.

I'm not doubting her knowledge of your interest. I'm just saying that asking someone for coffee is ambiguous at best, so she probably thinks that while you're interested in her, you are either boring or have no testicles. It's really not complicated. You like a girl, you ask her out, you make a move on her. All questions are answered, and no room for questions or forum threads. Simple.
    Yeah you're probably right ... but you'd think more would factor into her opinion of me than just the place I mention we get together after finals.
    Last edited by RobertWQ; 29-11-13 at 01:17 PM.

You're still pussy footing around....just come out and ask her how serious she is with her BF if he IS her BF, and then proceed to let her know you want to date her. simple. You are not going to get your answers here, you have to ask her yourself. If you don't she'll just keep being an attention whore soaking up your time.

This is at the forefront of my mind when I interact with her. It is a problem. Because her boyfriend didn't introduce himself as such (just as "I'm xxxx"), I wonder about how they view their own relationship. But in their facebook page, about the time her and I were planning our meetup, she posted as her profile pic the two of them together at a concert, and said it was for "Our two and a half."

So yeah. Warning signs abound. And one wonders seriously why I'm even giving this further thought and attention.

Any maybe I'm not appreciating just how much weight two and a half years has versus being a guy she met in lab this semester.
    Woaaahhh! 2 and a half years, that's a lot >.<

But you know what, I second what others are saying (about asking her out more directly)--who knows, maybe they have an "open relationship" and she can date you, too. If you're into that.

Basically--although there's the potential pain of rejection--maybe it's better to ask her out once and for all next time you meet. After all, it's better to make it sting but fast than to keep thinking about her for a long time--and according to psychology, the more you think about something the more you care about it/like it...

Swan meet Robert. Robert meet Swan. Now that the two of you have been formerly introduced, I think you should go on a date together and tell each other everything you both want to hear. I think you'd two would totally be a match made in heaven on earth. *being quite serious here*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Because you know the truth, right Wakeup?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Swan meet Robert. Robert meet Swan. Now that the two of you have been formerly introduced, I think you should go on a date together and tell each other everything you both want to hear. I think you'd two would totally be a match made in heaven on earth. *being quite serious here*
    What we wanna hear? lol are you implying we said something "wrong" about something?
    Last edited by Ugly_Swan; 29-11-13 at 02:07 PM.

Not at all.. it was puurrrrfect for one another.

I'm setting you up, girlfriend. lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast