+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The feeling of "There will be no one else"

Yeah I felt like this for quite a while and it's perfectly normal, happens to everyone. For me when I met someone in my eyes who was better then my ex then I finally thought there are people out there better then him. He kind of disappeared in my mind then. But it takes a while to get to that's stage. I went through some low self esteem moments too. It's all totally normal. The Xmas period always tends to highlight the fact you are single but think about all the rowing couples out there and be thankful your not one of them

Honestly, I felt the same exact way after a breakup but I dont feel like I have low self esteem. In my opinion its normal to feel this way after a break up because your out of your comfort zone. Just focus on yourself, do anything you could to better your life, and most importantly, do things to occupy your time.

I feel like his now. I don't know if it's "normal," but I do think its common. I'm wondering, though how do you feel now, which I think is a month later?

Hell yeah it is normal to feel like you lost it all. It sucks breaking up!

Keep this in mind -
    You got with your past partner. You developed a relationship and probably intimacy.
    You can do it again! You need to be confident of that. No excuses like, "Well it was an unusual circumstance how we met/fell in love/blahblah. The point is - You did it once, you can do it again. When it DOES happen, you will forget your past partner's name.

Every relationship should be a learning experience. Even if you get shit on, take the lesson and build on it.
    Next time things will go better.

AnErin definitely makes a very good point that I think is hard for people like us with low self-esteem to realize sometimes. It is easy to have feelings like "Well, I am never going to get anybody again," but the fact of the matter is if you did it once, that only makes it that much easier to do it again. As much as there are often special ways you meet somebody, or you get along with somebody that leads into a relationship, and it seems like a once in a lifetime thing, there will always be moments like that, or ways to meet other people.

I've never been one to believe that much in fate and things like that, but in a lot of ways I feel like love is heavily about fate. You meet somebody and really like them, only to find out they are already taken.... well, that just means that somebody else is still out there for you. Maybe that person was just fate's way of giving you an example of what you want out of a relationship, or helping you to gain confidence for when you do meet somebody you like and they are single.

You are in one relationship and then it ends? Well, that is just fate's way of giving you a chance to sort of "test the waters" of having a relationship so you will have a better idea of what you do and don't want when the real thing comes along. Not only that, but you will also learn a little more about yourself in a relationship and hopefully improve your flaws and even further strengthen your good qualities. Just look at the end of one relationship as the opportunity to become a better person overall for when the next relationship comes along.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12