+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The feeling of "There will be no one else"

The feeling of "There will be no one else"

After a recent break up of a relationship, where you have been left feeling empty and hurt. Is it normal to feel like there will be no one else?

Right now, I feel like I will be alone forever and no one else will want me. This has got to be normal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRomantic View Post

Right now, I feel like I will be alone forever and no one else will want me. This has got to be normal, right?
    Not for me but perhaps that's because I suspect I"m much older than you or perhaps I've more self confidence or perhaps because I've got a thicker skin. Sounds to me like you have a self esteem problem?

No its not normal. It is normal to feel insecure after a breakup and to feel like crap for awhile but thinking noone else will ever want you is low self esteem
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yeah, I think I do have low self esteem at the moment!

Just give it time, your just feeling this way because your missing what you had.
    If you appreciate the person that you are and give yourself some time heal, you'll see that the next one you share strong feelings towards special, the outcome will be better, unless you don't learn from this or going out there when your not ready and still thinking about your ex, is no way to go.
    Spend more time with your friends and find new ones, try new hobbies that your curious about and just get out there and enjoy life or this will stress you out and interfere with a everything you do.

Just take some time out and be alone for awhile. Spend time with family and friends. Join a hobby. Focus on work or study. Youll be ready to move on eventually.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Just take some time out and be alone for awhile.
    Yeah, just get off your face on drink and/or drugs and masturbate a lot. I find insulting strangers on internet forums also helps pass those long lonely hours when you're off your face and too tired to wank any more.

This feeling is also probably more that I don't want anyone else... Like you say, it's that feeling of missing what we had.

It's the Christmas period, so there have already been lots of nights out with friends. I'm fine when out, I tend to feel this way when I have time to myself.

Just give yourself a little time to re-adjust how things are going to be now that you are no longer in a relationship and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Everybody feels off kilter in the aftermath of a break-up. thinking that you will never have another date is exaggerating but you will be in pain for a while.

Thanks guys. I do have girls chasing me, just not ones I'm interested in and also like I said earlier, I just think I'm at a stage where I want the one person only! But I figure that's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRomantic View Post
    Thanks guys. I do have girls chasing me, just not ones I'm interested in and also like I said earlier, I just think I'm at a stage where I want the one person only! But I figure that's normal.
    Hey, man..look...when you're chewin on life's grissle, don't grumble, give a whistle, and this'll make things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoGSlrkgkI

Quote Originally Posted by anastasis View Post
    Hey, man..look...when you're chewin on life's grissle, don't grumble, give a whistle, and this'll make things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoGSlrkgkI
    From one of my greatest ever films!

I'm kind of surprised by the responses here, because I actually would have thought that kind of feeling is somewhat normal straight out of a break-up. I mean, I would think everybody has felt that at some point after a break-up. It's exaggerated and unrealistic for sure, but it still doesn't change the fact that you sometimes feel that way right after the end of a relationship.

The thing is, you are just missing what you used to have, not what you still had. If you broke-up, you broke-up for a reason. Some day you will find somebody who will be your true match. You just need some time to move on and you will feel better naturally. Honestly, one of the things that will help the most is when you next "notice" somebody. Whether you date men, women, or both, the next time you notice somebody as a person you may want to date is when you will really know you will be okay, and start to actually be okay.

And, heck, if there are women chasing you at all, you should feel lucky. Even if they aren't ones that interest you, eventually one of them will be, or you'll do the chasing and wind up with a great gal. I wish I had some women chasing me. People tend to be afraid of me, for some strange reason. (Well, not all people.) I would love to have women "chasing" me from time to time.

Everyone deals with it differently. Ask yourself the same question in a month and I bet you'll have a different answer.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast