+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does race matter?

My GF and I LOVE the fact that we are so externally different. I was a little worried at first because society puts so much pressure on what a couple should appear like.
    But I am convinced that our differences make us super compatible ironically. She is white, I am asian. She is punk-rock-tattooed science teacher, I am clean-shaven, un-inked, nerdy accountant.
    She is marathon athlete and ex-fitness trainer, while I have never even played any sports (im fairly fit though). When we stroll around busy places, we definitely turn heads.
    Asian women tend to stare more, but I gotta say the asian dudes stare too. White people tend to stare less for some reason. She is very good-looking...and I'm not bad either (as I have been told).
    We match. But more importantly, we have the same ethical standards, and commitment minds. We both put our children first, and we respect each others' opinions.
    We are very sexually compatible, and we are both weird in our own ways. The color of our skin is the least relevant item in our relationship. But for some reason, she loves the fact
    that I'm chinese, and I actually love her whiteness..... even though neither of us has any color preferences previously.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    It comes down to you being strong enough to pursue what makes YOU happy. My former gf was white and I'm black. Looking at us, total opposites, but the truth is I've never had so much in common with any other female.....and she was white. .
    That is what the guy I was involved with used to say. That he'd never had so much in common with any other female, that he did with me and I was different. We were polars apart also, in lifestyle, culture and religion. It was same for me.

I know that when I first met him, a couple of friends thought I'd gone nuts and told me I'd rue the day I ever allowed him into my life. They said they knew his sort, they used women and treat them like shit, etc, etc and a guy at work said that after being with a Mid Eastern guy, no 'white' guy would ever touch me again!! That comment had totally sickened me and I havn't spoken to that person since!

I can remember one day and when he'd been to see me and he was leaving. I was stood by his car and he'd kissed me. We had an audience of a group of white guys who were just staring, but I'd thought 'yeah, f**k you lot'....

I really don't give a crap what other people think. If I'm happy, that is all that matters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123