+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay...question (although I think I have my answer already)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ordinarily I would agree with you about this, but I can very honestly see CAM making her pay for all eternity for acting like a normal kid. I just don't see him being able to let it go.
    Nope, he won't. I would bet my retirement fund on it. Because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    At some point, she'd find out about me, if things went along. There are things that are buried; did nothing wrong but...things. Deal-breakers of my own, I'd bet
    His is a problem of initial trust, not of absolute acceptance. He can go there. But he's got to want to.

Cam's gonna laugh himself a hernia when he sees the replies to his thread.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i would hate to feel that the person i'd been spilling a lot of personal things to could make me feel like i should profess to change something about my past in order to continue, live up to his standards, still be respected, etc.

or that i had let someone in on those personal things and by one flaw it could all be disregarded.

what an awful feeling.

i think that cam is just looking for something, anything to be wrong so he can reinforce his belief that it'll never work.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

wait a second, i know what's going on.

the crystal ball tells all.

that (my last post) is how YOU feel.

Well, it will never work...

I'm sure that bringing that up was the deal breaker for her. I will not hear back, of that I'm certain.

I would agree with the sentiments of others here that only a masochist would ever call me again after I brought those issues up. I'm sure that she's thinking right along the same lines as all of you...that I'm not worth her time.

But, I asked all of you if I should call it quits with her; so apparently I am/was looking for a way out.

Oh, I've already had one hernia...a second would be "excessive."

Well, it will never work...

I'm sure that bringing that up was the deal breaker for her. I will not hear back, of that I'm certain.
    i do not blame her. you punished her. it doesn't sound like she deserved it, either.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Misombra - I have a problem: I have been chatting with a guy who is so conservative, he used to wear a bow-tie when he was in high school. I know this is a huge red flag that he might be boring. Should I break off with him now before he gets serious?

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Although people shouldn't judge others on past mistakes that won't happen again, some will forever be bothered by a simple tattoo or knowing that the person of interest has done drugs in the past. Are her other qualities great enough that you are willing to put up with her rebellious past? It is probably not hard to find someone great without a tattoo or drug history.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Misombra - I have a problem: I have been chatting with a guy who is so conservative, he used to wear a bow-tie when he was in high school. I know this is a huge red flag that he might be boring. Should I break off with him now before he gets serious?

definitely. even if he isn't boring, he had ridiculously bad fashion sense. a definite deal-breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    definitely. even if he isn't boring, he had ridiculously bad fashion sense. a definite deal-breaker.
    Women are this caddy all the time, so please don't hand me that line of crap. Let's not pretend that women are so understanding...because they generally are not. They don't have to be understanding and they know it.

There are deal-breakers galore coming from women...he's too short, he's not muscular, he's too muscular, he's not rich, he's too rich, he's a slob, he's a neat-freak, he doesn't listen to me, he talks too much, he's mean, he's too nice....blah, blah, blah....

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Nope, he won't. I would bet my retirement fund on it. Because of this:

His is a problem of initial trust, not of absolute acceptance. He can go there. But he's got to want to.

Cam's gonna laugh himself a hernia when he sees the replies to his thread.
    Actually, you'd be surprised to know that I trusted her. Early on in our conversations...two months ago...I told her my full name and where I worked and my profession, etc. Over the two months of phone conversations, text msgs, and emails...she never told me her last name.

After about a month, I used reverse dial-up to find out the last name because I did not want to invest too much in someone who wasn't forthcoming.

She was legit., but SHE is the one with trust issues.

Surprised that your theory doesn't work?

i would hate to feel that the person i'd been spilling a lot of personal things to could make me feel like i should profess to change something about my past in order to continue, live up to his standards, still be respected, etc.

or that i had let someone in on those personal things and by one flaw it could all be disregarded.

what an awful feeling.
    wait a second, i know what's going on.

the crystal ball tells all.

that (my last post) is how YOU feel.
    this is the important part. in case you conveniently missed it.

The old me agrees with CAM. I was a "good girl" (but rebelled on only doing 'girl stuff'...hehe another story).

The new me agrees with others to give her a chance.

I too felt those things were dealbreakers. How would you feel about a person whom you were with for many years finally telling you those same things. Is it still a dealbreaker? It bothered me so much that it eventually was.

New me finds life is so much more exciting when those things do not matter. It is the current behavior that matters. Plus, it is great that they became the successful person they are today after going through those things.

Women are this caddy all the time, so please don't hand me that line of crap. Let's not pretend that women are so understanding...because they generally are not. They don't have to be understanding and they know it.

There are deal-breakers galore coming from women...he's too short, he's not muscular, he's too muscular, he's not rich, he's too rich, he's a slob, he's a neat-freak, he doesn't listen to me, he talks too much, he's mean, he's too nice....blah, blah, blah....
    is this your revenge?

is this your revenge?
    Revenge...right, sure. Right, I "win" by investing two months trying to get to know a person (who won't tell me her last name), listening at great length to her story, only to cut out on her at 2 am, after a five hour phone conversation...ha, ha, ha...I win...

...uh, if you think that's the case, then....

Mis, your basic premise is so jaded...namely, that it CATEGORICALLY MUST be a "Cameron Flaw."

On a positive side, I never have to wonder what the girls are saying in the lavatory during recess...I just have to post a new thread and I'll get to hear all about it.

this is the important part. in case you conveniently missed it.
    I didn't miss it. It just wasn't worth commenting on. Just because you wrote it, doesn't make it sweet golden dewdrops kiddo.

I offer thanks on many messages, but this wasn't particularly helpful.

It's "Love Forum"... not "Blood Sport with Cameron and the Viper(ess)."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast