+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ooh....how do i answer this?

ooh....how do i answer this?

can someone help me please? ok well, this girl that i have reconnected with that i used to know when i was younger...well i feel our conversations are in danger of going in a direction that i dont want it to go in, if i dont say the right thing. I really dont know what to say, is there anyway that i can sweep it under the carpet subtely?
    I foolishly opened pandoras box....she posted me a message and said that she cant believe that i remember all these things about her, and i replied:
    ''Yeah,lol. Im sorry if it makes you feel old. Of course there are some things that i remember that i would like to block out, (nothing involving you though) but im sure that is the same with you.''

and then she replied ''really, like what?''

well i dont want to say the wrong thing that will push her away but I dont want to talk about these memories that i want to block out, because i dont feel comfortable about it. They involve beeing bullied at school, and it makes me sad and brings me down to talk about them. What is the right thing to say?

I think you should tell her exactly what you just told us. If it sadness you talk about certain things then she shold understand that you dont feel comfortable talking about something right now. If shes a respectable person, which Im sure she is, it shouldnt be a problem. Especially if its from your PAST as this is.

Gluck my man

change the direction of the conversation...she will know from this action that you do not want to go there...perhaps...''so enough about the old days, whats been going on with you now'' or something along those lines..