+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do guys feel when their SO is very attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    He's quite an alpha-male type and is very confident (sometimes to the point of being arrogant) so hearing him say that (after 4 months!) surprised me. I guess it was the first time I saw him being insecure (joking or not) and maybe that's why I took him so seriously.
    Anyways, once again, I'm not vain and I don't think I'm sooooooo better looking than him. I don't have an attitude and I don't think I'm better than him in any way!!!!
    I'm the same way and I use self-depreciating humor to balance that. I also tend to wait for a while to whip that out, as it can put women off (see example: you. )

I'm only being harsh to try and show you how silly you're being. If the above is true, then stop worrying about it. He's NOT, only you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    I'm the same way and I use self-depreciating humor to balance that. I also tend to wait for a while to whip that out, as it can put women off (see example: you. )

I'm only being harsh to try and show you how silly you're being. If the above is true, then stop worrying about it. He's NOT, only you are.
    Ok ok.....I get it. Jeez, harsh would be an understatement. You made me feel like a horrible person. I promise I won't think about it anymore. Lesson learned!!

Ok ok.....I get it. Jeez, harsh would be an understatement. You made me feel like a horrible person. I promise I won't think about it anymore. Lesson learned!!
    No no, I guess I just don't get where you're coming from or exactly what you're looking for as far as an answer. You say you're really happy with him, and he seems to be with you, so you shouldn't worry about it! Just be happy! Stop overthinking!

He thinks you're beautiful and you think he is, too! I've had girlfriends that people think are more or less beautiful than others.. but I regard them the same. They're beautiful to me and I don't quantify it, and I doubt your boyfriend does either.

And post a picture so we can see how good looking you are....

No no, I guess I just don't get where you're coming from or exactly what you're looking for as far as an answer. You say you're really happy with him, and he seems to be with you, so you shouldn't worry about it! Just be happy! Stop overthinking!

He thinks you're beautiful and you think he is, too!
    Lol....don't worry about it, it's cool. I think I started overthinking this when my mom commented on his appearance as well. I wasn't expecting that cuz usually moms support you even if no one else does, right? I definitely defended him but it got me thinking: if this is what mom thinks, what do others think? But you're right....we're happy so no more worrying or overthinking! Thanks

Lol....don't worry about it, it's cool. I think I started overthinking this when my mom commented on his appearance as well. I wasn't expecting that cuz usually moms support you even if no one else does, right? I definitely defended him but it got me thinking: if this is what mom thinks, what do others think? But you're right....we're happy so no more worrying or overthinking! Thanks
    You're also her little girl and he's the guy getting wit'cha. She has to find something about him cuz no guy can ever be worthy of her little girl. Just a parent thing that she needs to deal with, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    And post a picture so we can see how good looking you are....
    Lol.....I wish I could but I'm Pakistani and Muslim; we're taught to be very careful about putting pictures up online. Of course I have pictures on FB but I take full advantage of the privacy settings. Besides, I wear hijab (a headscarf) so I'm not sure how attractive you'd consider that to be. Of course a girl's face can be very attractive but you don't the full picture until you see her hair cascading down her shoulders, right?

You're also her little girl and he's the guy getting wit'cha. She has to find something about him cuz no guy can ever be worthy of her little girl. Just a parent thing that she needs to deal with, not you.
    Lol....guess that's pretty legit but I don't think she'll say anything about it (I sure hope not). BTW, when you say "he's the guy getting wit'cha", do you mean we're sleeping together? Cuz we're not; we're Muslims and we'll go as far as dating but nothing physical. Not even a kiss (believe it or not)!!

Cuz we're not; we're Muslims and we'll go as far as dating but nothing physical. Not even a kiss (believe it or not)!!
    Really!? Wow....crazy world we live in. At what point are you allowed to kiss? Can you hold hands at least? Personally, I didn't think it would be possible to truly fall in love with someone without SOME intimacy - but what do i know?
    Last edited by surfhb; 28-05-11 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Really!? Wow....crazy world we live in. At what point are you allowed to kiss? Can you hold hands at least? Personally, I dont think its possible to truly fall in love with someone without SOME intimacy - but what do i know?
    Well, technically speaking, there isn't supposed to be any physical contact before marriage (including holding hands) but of course this varies from person to person. It depends on how religious the person is and how many rules they're willing to follow. Don't get me wrong....there are plenty of Muslim couples that hold hands, kiss and do a lot more before marriage and then there are others who believe in arranged marriages. I'm definitely against arranged marriages; I want to know the guy before marrying him but as far as physical contact is concerned, I'm a bit on the conservative side. I told him not to expect anything until and unless we're married. Of course we discuss stuff and share our ideas of intimacy etc but nothing will be done until we're married. I guess for someone who's not used to this, you'd be shocked and think it isn't possible to fall in love without some intimacy but....I don't know, it's hard to explain. We love each other and connect on an emotional and spiritual level and as far as the physical stuff goes, talking about it and knowing it's going to happen makes things more exciting and really ups the anticipation. In his words, "I'll be bouncing off the walls on our wedding night....don't expect a single minute of sleep!!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123