+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it just my guy or do all guys feel like this

is it just my guy or do all guys feel like this

so me and my boyfriend are currently not talking to each other due to the fact that hes pissed off with me because during a tiny dispute i walked away from him in a strop.
    hes now claiming hes sick of being disrespected, and saying that by doing this im immature and dont care about his feelings.

would this annoy all men, if someone was to just walk away? would you feel like you had been disrespected, and would you threaten the relationship due to this?

Something's not adding up here. You walked away during a TINY dispute?

Yeah, if it was a truly tiny dispute, I'd be PO'ed if you walked away. If it was something more major, you need to say so.

It is DEFINITELY ok to walk away if you feel yourself going from "Discussion" to "Fighting". If your voice starts to raise, that's a sign. Take a "Time Out" but what exactly a time out is should be established when you're NOT fighting. It should be of a set length of time, and they have rules. You can do physical, non-violent activity (walking, running, bike riding, etc.), listen to music, do [URL="http://www.drjerm.com/Positive-Self-Talk/Positive-Self-Talk.php"]Positive Self Talk[/URL], do NOT call your friends and bitch about what your partner has done to piss you off, do NOT go to a bar and drink. Come back after the established cooling off period EXACTLY on time, and IF your partner is willing to talk about it, then you do. If not, your partner can come and talk to you about it if/when he or she believes it's appropriate, don't push it.

This "Time Out" method engenders trust and respect - if you come back exactly when you say you will, it reinforces the idea that you mean what you say, and you say what you mean.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with the above.

Walking away mid sentence is disrespect. Walking away when it's a tiny fight is petty. Walking away when a fight gets heated and you need to in order to avoid saying something you'll regret is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Something's not adding up here. You walked away during a TINY dispute?

Yeah, if it was a truly tiny dispute, I'd be PO'ed if you walked away. If it was something more major, you need to say so.

It is DEFINITELY ok to walk away if you feel yourself going from "Discussion" to "Fighting". If your voice starts to raise, that's a sign. Take a "Time Out" but what exactly a time out is should be established when you're NOT fighting. It should be of a set length of time, and they have rules. You can do physical, non-violent activity (walking, running, bike riding, etc.), listen to music, do [URL="http://www.drjerm.com/Positive-Self-Talk/Positive-Self-Talk.php"]Positive Self Talk[/URL], do NOT call your friends and bitch about what your partner has done to piss you off, do NOT go to a bar and drink. Come back after the established cooling off period EXACTLY on time, and IF your partner is willing to talk about it, then you do. If not, your partner can come and talk to you about it if/when he or she believes it's appropriate, don't push it.

This "Time Out" method engenders trust and respect - if you come back exactly when you say you will, it reinforces the idea that you mean what you say, and you say what you mean.
    Great post. This is a nice summary of the proper way to call for a time out from a heated discussion. Just walking away, especially during a minor dispute, is disrespectful, and a relationship without mutual respect is a bad relationship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

i have a tendency to get annoyed quickly, and my boyfriend doesnt let things drop even when he knows im getting annoyed, so i do walk away to stop things from escalating further, however that didnt work because he caused it to blow up after i got back saying how hes fed up of me being disrespectful and immature.

then that's something you both need to address, BEFORE you get into the next fight. Establish the rules for a time out, and when it gets to that point, you have to say "I'm taking a time out." when you go.

Tiny arguement and you walk away?
    If a woman does that to me its over
    dont come looking for me