+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got dumped

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    :roll eyes:

Iraq? That is the traditional solution to this type of problem.

As you get older, you will learn that "boring" and "stable" is a godsend. The drama gets very tiring. Its the close comfort that is nourishing to the soul.
    I'm sure I'll also stop having sex once I get too old, too.

I'm not that old, yet.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you actually want to get back w/her or have you decided things have run their course?
    I don't really know. I mean I'd love to keep seeing her, but not if it's just going to involve me hurting her feelings and making her upset all the time. I think if I saw her again it would be incredibly hard. Otherwise I'm pretty good at compartmentalising my feelings and not thinking about it. We haven't spoken since the other night.

She wants to stay friends but I don't know if that's a good idea for a while.

Probably not, if you are hurting.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    :roll eyes:
    As you get older, you will learn that "boring" and "stable" is a godsend. The drama gets very tiring. Its the close comfort that is nourishing to the soul.
    Not when you're 22 it isn't. When you're 22 you need hot sweaty slut action.

Sorry to hear that Charlie.

As a fellow Sydney sider can I ask why you would want to go to uni anywhere other than Sydney..I mean all the best Uni's are there?

Anyway hang in there. She does sound like a great girl so maybe give her some breathing space before you even consider being just friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Not when you're 22 it isn't. When you're 22 you need hot sweaty slut action.
    I think men want that again when they are in their 40s. Either that, or a sports car.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know what you need Frasbee? Some hoes. Some big booty hoes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9y6ufo5ro0"]Big Booty Hoes - Notorious BIG[/ame]
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 17-09-08 at 07:44 PM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That sucks, sorry to hear it CB. I know you'll manage fine though

It's surprising she dumped you. I think you had a more realistic approach to the relationship than she did from the start, as in not being contrained by a relationship at that age

So, what are you gonna do to forget or stay busy for the next week? Or dwell on it

I'm sorry to hear this too, Charlieboy. I've only been on LF long enough to read your reunion stories, but you two seemed happy.

Hang in there, CB.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Re: surfing. Go to Bondi, CharlieBoy. There's been some good storms in NSW lately, prbly good waves right now.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've spoken to a few friends and what makes me laugh is the difference between male and female responses to this sort of thing. With my mates it's usually an uncomfortable exchange like

"Kristin and I broke up last night,"
    "oh shit, really? ... that sucks.... so, do you want to go surfing?"

But with the women, when I tell them they go in to some obviously well practised "breakdown support mode", like

"Oh my god honey! That's awful! Are you ok? Is someone there. Why don't you come over and have some wines and we'll talk about it."
    "Stacey, I'm a guy I don't have "wines""

It's funny though, because with my mates I really don't want to talk much about it with them. I guess none of us ever really discuss emotional stuff much. And I wouldn't want to. It's nice just to forget about it and go surfing. But with the women it's just easier to kind of open up to a bit. Women are great.
    Haha!

I forgot which working paper this was from.., but it was a very.., VERY.., interesting read.. It failed to make the distinction between the two sexes.., it was more focused on explaining the two ways people can be motivated to take action.., by either an "appeal to emotions" (Advertising, Faith, Presentation, Imagination, Propaganda, Seduction, Tradition, Pity, Bias, Fallacy) or an "appeal to reason" (Logical argument, Rhetoric, Scientific method, Proof).. What was interesting was that even if there is an appeal made to reason.., it would still have to flow through to the emotional process and create a positive emotional output before any action takes place.. (note: perhaps a more formal explanation behind "denial".., how even after knowing something to be true.., to consciously reject its validity when it applies to one's self and causes negative emotions)

More complex organisms have a more highly developed "Left & Right cerebral hemisphere" and "Prefrontal cortex"..

The model looks simple.., but don't be fooled.., it's ENDLESS! What was interesting was that.., during development.., testosterone directly affects the circuitry of neural networks.., primarily the "amygdala" & "adrenal glands"..

The more testosterone.., the less "thick" the fibers that connect the two amygdala will be.., and the less responsive the adrenal glands will be towards the release of stress chemicals such as cortisol..

That just translates to.., "the more testosterone during development.., the lower the tendency will be to take a given input and put it through the emotional process first"..

[url]http://www.webmd.com/video/legato-gender-differences[/url]

NO! Take it easy with the male chauvinism or sexism.., this doesn't mean that women are "stupid".., if you listen to the video in a dispassionate and unbiased way.., you'll notice that "both can accomplish the same task.., they just do so differently".. Oh.., and NO! It doesn't make you any less of a MAN if you are "emotionally aware" or "emotionally intelligent"..

[url]http://www.webmd.com/video/legato-brain-function[/url]

But it's always interesting (and funny) to see the theory behind all this in action and in practice..

Nice observation CB
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 17-09-08 at 01:15 PM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like 'em cute,
    round tits and fat asses,
    educated,
    so I can bust off on their glasses

All I want is hoes! Big booty hoes!

I like 'em cute,
    round tits and fat asses,
    educated,
    so I can bust off on their glasses

All I want is hoes! Big booty hoes!
    Inspiring.., moving.., touching.., profound..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Haha!

I forgot which working paper this was from.., but it was a very.., VERY.., interesting read.. It failed to make the distinction between the two sexes.., it was more focused on explaining the two ways people can be motivated to take action.., by either an "appeal to emotions" (Advertising, Faith, Presentation, Imagination, Propaganda, Seduction, Tradition, Pity, Bias, Fallacy) or an "appeal to reason" (Logical argument, Rhetoric, Scientific method, Proof).. What was interesting was that even if there is an appeal made to reason.., it would still have to flow through to the emotional process and create a positive emotional output before any action takes place.. (note: perhaps a more formal explanation behind "denial".., how even after knowing something to be true.., to consciously reject its validity when it applies to one's self and causes negative emotions)

More complex organisms have a more highly developed "Left & Right cerebral hemisphere" and "Prefrontal cortex"..

The model looks simple.., but don't be fooled.., it's ENDLESS! What was interesting was that.., during development.., testosterone directly affects the circuitry of neural networks.., primarily the "amygdala" & "adrenal glands"..

The more testosterone.., the less "thick" the fibers that connect the two amygdala will be.., and the less responsive the adrenal glands will be towards the release of stress chemicals such as cortisol..

That just translates to.., "the more testosterone during development.., the lower the tendency will be to take a given input and put it through the emotional process first"..

NO! Take it easy with the male chauvinism or sexism.., this doesn't mean that women are "stupid".., if you listen to the video in a dispassionate and unbiased way.., you'll notice that "both can accomplish the same task.., they just do so differently".. Oh.., and NO! It doesn't make you any less of a MAN if you are "emotionally aware" or "emotionally intelligent"..

But it's always interesting (and funny) to see the theory behind all this in action and in practice..

Nice observation CB
    Whoa! Hello Professor. Welcome back .
    Last edited by lesa; 19-09-08 at 02:52 PM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, CB. Did not expect to hear that.

You know, she's only 21 and you're only 25 though (although you come off as much older)......so what could really be expected? You're kind of young to commit to something for the long term.

I don't think that you looking at unis should've upset her, because if you were really set on staying together, she'd just assume she'd be going where you were going - and be supporting your desire to educate yourself. She's showing her age. It's not anything against HER as a person, it just revealed your relationship for what it is in both your minds.

You'll be fine. Hell, maybe you guys will work it out one day. Until then, just focus on you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast