+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum mentality

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its good training for real life. You gotta sift lots of sand to find the nuggets. If you don't like something, improve it, change it, or ignore it.
    It sure is a good training for life.

Because there will always be people about who can and will silence you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Graphic Designers tend to be stingy. They don't like to give out their resources because they are always afraid that someone may turn out to be better than them. The Graphic and Web Design field is so competitive... they don't like to share the tiniest bit of information with someone they aren't familiar with. Oddly, they find comfort in sharing with someone who's art they are familiar with.

In other words, if some GD's never see your work... most likely they won't help you. Some GD's want to know your artwork because if some see that you are better than them, some will befriend you because they can either learn from you or steal from you. I mostly learned this from my Best Friend Darren. He is an Interactive Graphic & Multimedia Production Artist and he had those problems coming up in the Graphic World.
    This characterization of designers is silly. I've been a graphic designer/art director for 10+ years and people don't befriend one another to steal work. I'm sure there's a few bad apples in the bunch, but you make us sound so shady.

I used to run a graphic designer's networking group specifically for people to trade techniques, share ideas and get job leads. Trust me, graphic designers are usually pretty helpful. Dasein's experience is probably the exception to the rule.
    Last edited by starbuck; 27-09-08 at 10:55 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck no, everyone around here has the right to speak their mind. it's when people get offended because they get defensive when people like to argue back.

i have bashed on many members and if i let you out, i'm truly sorry.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Because there will always be people about who can and will silence you.
    There are certainly people who will try. Dunno how well they succeed, though.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    c'mon this is a forum, most people don't know anyone but are expressing themselves....why should a newbie be held more accountable than a regular. There have been 3 specific instances i've seen of real bullying on this forum, where two of the people being bullied felt they should leave.....not nice at all.....and both of those times i got flak for sticking up for them, the third bullying happened to be someone in the clique of regulars and i made my point clear to the bullies.....but ye know the sayin....what goes around comes around. You should be nice to newbies. They may think differently than what is considered the norm on here....but isn't that a nice thing surely.....of course majority of regulars are great....but there are a few that just can't help themselves
    I don't HAVE to be nice to anyone and no one HAS to be nice to me. This isn't a forum for etiquette. And quite frankly I'd rather just have people be themselves.

You know, it's actually not such a bad thing to let people learn how to handle all types of personalities, newbies or no.

Again, this isn't a support group. It's a forum. It's annoying when someone goes around telling people what they should and shouldn't do. The rules of this forum are expressed quite simply in the stickied threads. People can read these for themselves and act accordingly.

You can stick up for people if you like, Eco. They probably appreciate it. But this bullying you're talking about doesn't really happen that often from what I see. Why go around chastizing other people like Miss Manners?
    Last edited by starbuck; 27-09-08 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I don't HAVE to be nice to anyone and no one HAS to be nice to me. This isn't a forum for etiquette. And quite frankly I'd rather just have people be themselves.

You know, it's actually not such a bad thing to let people learn how to handle all types of personalities, newbies or no.

Again, this isn't a support group. It's a forum. It's annoying when someone goes around telling people what they should and shouldn't do. The rules of this forum are expressed quite simply in the stickied threads. People can read these for themselves and act accordingly.

You can stick up for people if you like, Eco. They probably appreciate it. But this bullying you're talking about doesn't really happen that often from what I see. Why go around chastizing other people like Miss Manners?
    I completely agree. people can be nasty if they want just as much as i can disagree with the nastiness. YOU certainly don't have to be nice to everyone, if thats what you choose. Mitzel knows all about that. have we seen him lately?????was he feeling down?????did he feel he should leave?????he might be weak but i found he was a fantastic character on here....so who's the kill joy here?

like i said what goes around comes around....i do remember defending you while people were bullying you and making personal jibes......

i agree it is good and character building in the REAL world. we don't know each other....whats the point in ganging up and being nasty to newbies....is there some kick out it somewhere....ye it shows character alright. not that it matters to me...... until that nasty character is used to get others with bad characters to gang up on newbies....then yes i step forward and i say my piece....its my freedom to do so.

i agree it IS annoying when people go around telling people what to do....like letting them know the forum would be better off without them and similar comments..etc etc....ye that is annoying

do you think its chastising....haha.....its what i think is wrong with a particular discussion.....do you feel like i'm your ma???haha now that is funny
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I completely agree. people can be nasty if they want just as much as i can disagree with the nastiness. YOU certainly don't have to be nice to everyone, if thats what you choose. Mitzel knows all about that. have we seen him lately?????was he feeling down?????did he feel he should leave?????he might be weak but i found he was a fantastic character on here....so who's the kill joy here?
    Who knows where he went? Have you PMed him to find out? That's what I would do if I was concerned about someone on this forum.

The only thing I ever made fun of him for was the fact that you could never tell what gender he was. I still don't know, and I'm just calling him a "he" for the sake of ease. Quite frankly he deserved a little teasing for that. How are you supposed to give someone advice on a Love Forum if you don't know whether or not the poster is a man or woman? It's pretty ridiculous and all he had to do was come on and say "I'm a boy (or girl)." Did he ever fess up to his gender? Maybe he did and I missed it.

I don't remember anyone saying that her or any poster wasn't allowed to be here on the forums. Perhaps you should find this direct quote since I missed it.

I do however remember, you telling other posters that they shouldn't be allowed to give advice if they weren't nice. At least you're consistent in your hypocritical attitude.

Who the hell is miztel? I thought she was going on about lilwing/arachonistic. He didn't go anywhere.

like i said what goes around comes around....i do remember defending you while people were bullying you and making personal jibes......
    Eco, I appreciate you standing up for me whenever you feel like you should, but I'm perfectly capable of standing up to myself on these forums.

So now you seem to be saying that I somehow got my "come-uppance" for personal attacks. If you think that I deserve what people were saying to me in that "grow up guys" thread that's fine.

Believe me, I don't care what people say to me on an online forum. What am I going to do, hit my computer screen?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Who the hell is miztel? I thought she was going on about lilwing/arachonistic. He didn't go anywhere.
    He was the poster who was our new clearskies.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    The only thing I ever made fun of him for was the fact that you could never tell what gender he was. I still don't know, and I'm just calling him a "he" for the sake of ease. Quite frankly he deserved a little teasing for that. How are you supposed to give someone advice on a Love Forum if you don't know whether or not the poster is a man or woman? It's pretty ridiculous and all he had to do was come on and say "I'm a boy (or girl)." Did he ever fess up to his gender? Maybe he did and I missed it.

I don't remember anyone saying that her or any poster wasn't allowed to be here on the forums. Perhaps you should find this direct quote since I missed it.

I do however remember, you telling other posters that they shouldn't be allowed to give advice if they weren't nice. At least you're consistent in your hypocritical attitude.
    hey if its just one person saying the nasty stuff to a newbie....i don't give a shit what is being said....but when other nasty people join in.....thats a different story.....and i've made this clear to you that is why i ever get involved in the first place....you obviously don't take the time to actually understand.....you do take offense easily considering you claim to be able to 'take it' . if you don't like what i say then ignore....simple......be like OV he's nasty....he knows it....he's honest and he certainly doesn't take offense....he takes it on the chin.....

ye that was my personal opinion in regard to shh!.....were there any other people involved????ganging up on shh!??? when i made that comment........yes i am consistent....you should learn to read my comments instead of me having to repeat myself to you starbuck
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 28-09-08 at 12:41 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

People were ganging up on me?

**confused**

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    People were ganging up on me?

**confused**

I don't know what you guys are talking about.
    I don't know what she's talking about either anymore. It's all just alot of babble.

if shhhhh was being ganged up on i would surely know about it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

you do take offense easily considering you claim to be able to 'take it'.
    Could you provide examples of this? How do I take offense easily? Please enlighten me.

All I remember doing in that thread is asking why people were getting personal and telling OV to STFU.

I get annoyed sometimes on these forums, but it actually takes ALOT to truly offend me. Trust me, you haven't seen me get offended. I've actually gotten more offended by some racist comments said to others on these forums rather than something someone has said to me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast