+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I make it work after 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by PRW View Post
    These things are going to get in the way.
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that really liking her is going to get in the way? Pursuing girls I don't like would be easy, but pointless.

these comments should be coming from her
    Well, I hope they will someday.

This is not good. She will not be impressed in the way you hope. That will be seen by her as "Stalker-Lite" behavor.
    It was fine. We had a perfect weekend together.

You're to be the leader, she is to be the follower.
    I guess you have a more macho attitude towards relationships than I do. She is highly capable and I have no issue in letting her take the lead.

Way too much too soon.
    Then you won't be pleased to hear we've already booked more flights to spend the weekend after that together too. I don't think I agree that this is too much. I would see her more if I could.

Keep the electronic communication to a minimum. The "once a week" dates on the weeks is perfect for this early part. Calling/Texting should be minimal, maybe only twice during the week. If you lived closer I would say only once a week about mid-week.
    Why? I find this very strange advice. We message every morning as soon as I wake up at 6am, and repeatedly throughout the day. We skype every night before bed.

There isn't supposed to be "a plan". It is supposed to be hang out, have fun, enjoy. The labels, the relationship, the "plan" are all "feminine energy" things that she is supposed to be worried about,...not you.
    I guess I have a lot of feminine energy?

So youvha e no Problems meeting women
    But you are about the nose unseductive person I have ever met?

Are you pulling my leg?
    Your posts don’t add up

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    So youvha e no Problems meeting women
    But you are about the nose unseductive person I have ever met?

Are you pulling my leg?
    Your posts don’t add up
    I don't know about meeting, but I don't think I have a problem with attraction. But like I said, I'm just lucky I have a few useful attributes. I have no capability in the art of seduction.

Quote Originally Posted by euclid View Post
    I guess you have a more macho attitude towards relationships than I do. She is highly capable and I have no issue in letting her take the lead.
    You may not mind,...but eventually she will. In a best case she will just slowly become less attracted to you over time. In a worst case she will get openly resentful. How long? That depends on how "into you" she is to begin with.

Why? I find this very strange advice. We message every morning as soon as I wake up at 6am, and repeatedly throughout the day. We skype every night before bed.
    Basically it is the same answer as above. It will become boring and predictable,...no more mystery, no more excitement.

I guess I have a lot of feminine energy?
    Every guy has it. Every woman has masculine energy. It is about which one you allow to dominate you. Energy in this context is just a fancy word behavoral attributes or charactreristics.

Prw is Right
    He is making effort to change your inner game
    I agree with everything he said
    However I don’t agree with the rule of once a week communication. But that’s just a minor thing

The important thing is not your actions (e.g visiting her) it’s the attitude behind it
    (She wants it, you do her a favour OR you want it, you do yourself a favour)

You may not mind,...but eventually she will. In a best case she will just slowly become less attracted to you over time. In a worst case she will get openly resentful. How long? That depends on how "into you" she is to begin with.

Basically it is the same answer as above. It will become boring and predictable,...no more mystery, no more excitement.
    I do think you could be right here. I need to be careful. I guess there's no quick fix to my deep-set attitudes though. Doesn't this take years to develop? I'm in this situation right now and really need to get it right. Any specific short-term advice would be very welcome.

Also, I have heard about getting the psychology right to pick up girls, but how long into a relationship should it go? It has always felt like a bit of an act that I'm not sure I could keep up in the long term. Is it ever safe to stop thinking about this stuff?

If you want to be successful of anything you have to at least get most of the attitude right for it
    Or you may get lucky

If you believe you are a great guy but a little inexperienced
    If you sincerely run after her
    But with sincere interest however with her being able to make a decision
    Without pestering her
    Then you are on a good way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123