+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I make this work?

How can I make this work?

So I haven't posted here in awhile, mainly because I haven't had to, but now I'm super frustrated and don't know what to do.

I've tried online dating for awhile, not super successful but a couple almosts. Awhile back I messaged a girl, and it took awhile but we finally started talking regularly and we've gotten along really great. She's funny, smart, beautiful, I really enjoy talking to her and really want to meet. My problem is, my dad's having quite a bit of health problems. He's been in and out of the hospital, and most of my free time has been spent with him and my mom. They're my top priority right now. So, this has left me with little time to go out. On the few occasions I am able to good out, I'm broke. Bills and helping my parents out with their financial stuff, leaves me pretty strapped. Even on pay day my checks basically spent already. Another issue is she has two kids. I don't kind her having kids at all, but the issue is she's just as busy, plus works different hours all the time, so the chances of both of us being free at the same time is slim, though I've tried to plan according to her schedule, it doesn't always work out.

I don't know what to do. She's been so awesome and understanding of my situation, but I'm afraid if I keep pushing it off she'll lose interest or meet someone else. I don't know if it's best to just tell her that I can't meet until everything is done with, or just try to do cheap dates every once in awhile, or what. I don't want to be unfair to her and keep rescheduling or cancelling, but I do want her to know I do want to hang out and see where things go, it's just terrible timing. Any suggestions would be appreciated

If she does *break* up then just man up and continue though life. It may not be fair, but at least she is giving you a chance. I'd say she is awesome for understanding.

I would talk to her about all this. Tell her you've been busy with your family issues. Maybe after things settle down you two can hang out more. U don't need money necessarily to hang out. Can't u go over to her house and hang out with her and her kids every once in awhile? Does she not have a babysitter or the father of the kids never has them?

Idk I kind of feel that if there was a real spark, you two would be able to find more time for eachother despite anything

It sounds like your schedules are too incompatible. I think you should probably put dating aside for awhile as you sound like you have enough to deal with already
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yea, I mean she knows I go see him almost daily, but I haven't gone into too many details because o figured it's kind of a downer topic when you're trying to get to know each other. As for her kids, I don't think she really wants to introduce anyone to them until she meets them a few times first. She hasn't explicitly said that, but that's my guess. So yea...my thinking is I'll see when she's free, and schedule my visits with my parents around that, and see what happens. Hopefully things go well and I'll be able to balance everything