+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two problems: Meet and Run Away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Frasbee: I won't feel bad about being direct and clear when he's direct and clear. Until then, I fear that he'll accuse me of making unreasonable assumptions because, as has been demonstrated on a number of occasions in class, he doesn't seem to be above lying about what he thinks and does so he can cover his ass.
    How can he cover his ass when you say:

"Yo dude, back off a bit, you're freakin' me out."

or

"Will you stop leaning in so close? It's annoying."

Tell me how he could reasonably "cover his ass" in rebuttal to statements like that.

Hypothetical:

Him: *insert stuttering for an hour* W-W... Um. *mumbles* Would you like to eat lunch with me again?

Me: I can't... I'm sorry if I made you think otherwise, but I don't really like you that way. So I'd prefer to keep my current lunch plans. (Eating in the dorm. >> I bought a little plastic plate thing to microwave hot dogs today.)

Him: I never liked you that way. *he says while quite looking like he'd like to go cry in a corner*

Me: -__-; *internal WTF.*

Him: *goes back to everything he was doing before.*

What happens in class:

Him: Oh, I just forgot the kanji because I was thinking about something else just now. I'm so stupid! *and he calls himself stupid two or three more times, hitting himself in the head while saying it. Which disturbs me as much as everything else.*

Everyone in the class: >> *internal WTF and want to just make him stop that.*

Him: *does this once a day or so. More when it's particularly bad.*

But not with statements like the "stop leaning in", no. XD That'd just go like this:

Me: Could you not do that? >>

Him: .................. ._. *sits down. Ponders for five minutes. Forgets that it happened. Goes back to normal. >>*

That's some weird bullshit right there... If I were you I would concentrate on being influenced by more constructive things, learn to see the difference between what's important in life and what's not, learn what's right and wrong, learn to accept and respect others. I don't know what you've gone through, but you seem to be cold as a rock. Seriously, grow up.

Very helpful, LoveDestiny. Who the **** are you, again?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDestiny View Post
    If I were you I would concentrate on being influenced by more constructive things,
    My influences are my influences. I concentrate on school. I'm a student. That's what I do. <3

learn to see the difference between what's important in life and what's not,
    Important: family, studies, friends. Not important: this stuff, though I admit to it having caused me some stress. Also not important: trying to find a publisher for my book, mailing my mother the toothbrush she accidentally left in one of my bags of groceries, and getting involved with people I'm not interested in.

learn what's right and wrong,
    Right: helping the environment, the elderly, small children (even though I don't like them), general world peace, and small furry animals. Wrong: murder, rape, and something that happened by the quads recently where three guys beat someone's face in for very little reason. Also wrong: blowing people up.

learn to accept and respect others.
    I accept this guy, sure. But it does take a lot to annoy me, and he's at least reached that. On the other hand, I can't think of a single person I hate. I have three modes: love, neutral, and annoy. People don't want to be on my annoy list, because I just go e_e in their general direction and complain to other people. But I think most do that when they're annoyed about something or someone.

I don't know what you've gone through, but you seem to be cold as a rock.
    Gone through? Well, let's see. My history with sexual anything started when I was about eight years old, when my cousin repeatedly made me touch his penis and put his hand down my pants. I had my first boyfriend in ninth grade, but I dumped him when he tried to turn me into a Republican. I rather like my unaffiliated-ness, and would rather not have a romantic interest trying to convert me. Other relationships were on and off, broke up with some because I didn't see it going anywhere, or the other person didn't, or we didn't think we could deal well with the faults of the other person... But we parted on very good terms in all cases, and I still talk to one guy I was with for a year and the girl I kissed (but who turned me down). Also good friends with the girl I love, but who's straight and will never have an interest--we're both perfectly fine with that. Haven't been to church in ages, but I do believe in God, though I prefer to interpret writings and stories in my own way rather than having the church tell me what to think. When God comes down and says, "Okay, listen to what this church says because they're right," then I'll believe that they know best. Until then, I'll do my own thing. But religion started me on "no sex before marriage", though I've found for myself several other reasons to leave it that way. Even so, I'm decently experienced in relationships with both men and women, both friendly and romantic, and you'll note that this entire topic started with me not wanting to bash this guy in the head with a metaphorical brick. If wanting to let him down easily is cold, or if getting out my complaints in text here, on a relationship-centric forum is cold (because I don't feel comfortable actually vocalizing my complaints), then I'm not sure what I should be doing. This topic got a bit long because I didn't want to be cold.

Seriously, grow up.
    I think I have.

...Right, now that I've replied there.... XD;;;

I've tried being less friendly, based on the friendly-nice definition thing from earlier, and I've killed random conversations earlier by pulling a smile-and-nod-then-go-back-to-what-I-was-doing sort of sequence. He seems to have backed off a bit, and I didn't have to be mean~ Success! Now I can concentrate more on class and less on him staring at me. =) Thanks all.

On the other guy, though, he hasn't said anything more. He still confuses me, but that's all right. XD He's a cool guy and a good friend, so I'll settle for being amused when he gets a little weird. <3

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's some weird bullshit right there... If I were you I would concentrate on being influenced by more constructive things, learn to see the difference between what's important in life and what's not, learn what's right and wrong, learn to accept and respect others. I don't know what you've gone through, but you seem to be cold as a rock. Seriously, grow up.
    You're dumb.

Seriously, get not dumb.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who lets these idiots in here? If you don't have anything intelligent, witty, or at all useful to say, do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123