+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mutts.. mixed breeds.. heinz 57

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I guess Germans still have a lot of work to do in regards to the common stereotype...
    Yes, I suppose that is what happens when a country starts 2 world wars, and since I am of German descent, I don't feel bad about saying it.

Indignant - yes I did. Several years of study, a beit din, mikvah, and all.
    Last edited by vashti; 18-12-08 at 09:20 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I guess Germans still have a lot of work to do in regards to the common stereotype...

I remember growing up being called a nazi... despite the fact my best friend was Jewish! And of all the kids in class, I was the only one more or less forced to have to learn everything about WWII... if for no other reason than for defence against the teasing.

However, I wasn't the only one persecuted for my heritage... as usual you had those of African decent, Asian decent, Italian... etc.. being picked on too. Looking back now... I don't think there was a single kid who wasn't picked on because of their looks or ancestry.
    Yeah, it's a big problem, even today. The current generation of Germany doesn't even have anything to do with the war. There's a lot of propaganda from that war that causes all kinds of racism and bias, and even though that doesn't justify what happened with Holocaust, it's still a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm American. Where a pack of dead people came from is trivial and has no bearing on my present life.
    you say that like it's true.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

i'm a lovely mix of spanish european and native american. when the spaniards came for slaves and gold, they made childrens with the natives. i'm a spawn of all that.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope my sons have large penises, and my girls are drop dead gorgeous.

I hope my Kinder are as sophisticated as Mantis Shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I hope my sons have large penises, and my girls are drop dead gorgeous.
    you'll think that until your son impregnates the whole cheerleading squad and your daughter wants to be a stripper.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yes, I suppose that is what happens when a country starts 2 world wars
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    The current generation of Germany doesn't even have anything to do with the war.
    This is kind of like holding the children responsible for the sins of the parents. Wouldn't be much different from a child who's father killed his mother and siblings and then blaming the child for the same sins as the father. The generation of the WWII era is steadily dying off and so are/have their ideas. Why not let the stereotypes die with them?

It's just a thought... I'd hate to think that any children I may have will have to refrain from talking about their German heritage for fear of being called a Nazi at school... even though WWII was about 4 generations ago.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Why not let the stereotypes die with them?
    because the pain hasn't died.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Pain is an emotion... actions can be influenced by and separate of emotion. By choosing an action that isn't influenced by the emotion... there stands a greater chance of that emotion finally dying away. Constantly doing things that remind someone of the emotion does little to help. Just as person who mourns will eventually have to stop looking at the grave and carry on with life.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

well, it happens that i feel pain over the things my grandfather went through in the war. or my greatgrandmother who was killed by her husband. i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels pain over those things.

well, it happens that i feel pain over the things my grandfather went through in the war. or my greatgrandmother who was killed by her husband. i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels pain over those things.
    I had German and American relatives in WWII.. and I feel pain for them too... the German side having to deal with the shame and desperate attempts to make sure the next generation does not follow in those footsteps.. and the American side for losing relatives to the war. But I do not hate Germany. I let the pain and hatred die in the past... for they do not matter anymore. The threat is gone... that generation is nearly gone... the country from the 1940's no longer exists... it is different now.

I feel pain for the atrocities of my childhood... even allowed myself to let it consume me for years afterwards. Eventually, I figured out that you can learn from the past... but mustn't dwell. Though I was tortured by one male... I do not hold ALL males accountable for the actions of ONE.

Why hold ALL Germans accountable for the actions of SOME who participated in WWII? To do so is folly... it doesn't make any sense.

- James Allen

You know Aeradalia, there were a lot of Germans during the Nazi regime who opposed them altogether. Many many doctors (Anyone holding a doctorate degree) from all kinds of German universities, as well as anyone else who could, became WWII refugees and moved to America, and other countries, such as Africa. The rest were stuck in Germany. Anyway, that's what I mean by propaganda; people tend to think that every single German from that era was an evil Nazi, and that is far from the truth. And not only that, but there was a difference between the German Army and the Nazi Army, and not many people even know that.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 18-12-08 at 11:53 AM.

there is a lot of anti-german propaganda in the u.s. the history channel is 90% hitler and what his army did. they make it seem like that was the only time one guy had ever caused mass death and suffering.

there is a lot of anti-german propaganda in the u.s. the history channel is 90% hitler and what his army did. they make it seem like that was the only time one guy had ever caused mass death and suffering.
    Yeah it's true. Most people who contribute to the anti-German propaganda are people with little more than a high school diploma or a bachelor degree in something other than history; in other words, they don't learn very much about the world they are in.

I mean, I was always taught that Thomas Edison was such a great inventor. I didn't know Nikola Tesla was so much greater until I read about him myself. Now THAT is a damn shame.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast