+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Much I Suck

I rediscovered yesterday once again how inflexible I can be in my perceptions of people. A few of my co-workers and I went to see a band last night. In that group were two girls that I made a clear decision to avoid. One because she became an arrogant bitch after I asked her out and the second because well she's an attention whore. So there I was ignoring the hell out of them while paying attention to everyone else and it really showed. But now I think that maybe I over did it. I shouldn't be so set in my resolve. At the end of the day they are still friends, still people with their own little problems.

Though, it was funny to see how the attention girl operated. She started the night by ignoring me (she is used to people coming up to her). When that didn't work to win my attention she started to approach people I talked to, to win their attention over so I will have no choice and join in. When that failed she started to approach me directly. I thought that was ballsy, so I loosened up a bit and gave some attention to her in the end. This girl is very pretty and very intelligent, if only she didn't have so much baggage.

Anyway, my inflexible perceptions of people need to change.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I rediscovered yesterday once again how inflexible I can be in my perceptions of people. A few of my co-workers and I went to see a band last night. In that group were two girls that I made a clear decision to avoid. One because she became an arrogant bitch after I asked her out and the second because well she's an attention whore. So there I was ignoring the hell out of them while paying attention to everyone else and it really showed. But now I think that maybe I over did it. I shouldn't be so set in my resolve. At the end of the day they are still friends, still people with their own little problems.

Though, it was funny to see how the attention girl operated. She started the night by ignoring me (she is used to people coming up to her). When that didn't work to win my attention she started to approach people I talked to, to win their attention over so I will have no choice and join in. When that failed she started to approach me directly. I thought that was ballsy, so I loosened up a bit and gave some attention to her in the end. This girl is very pretty and very intelligent, if only she didn't have so much baggage.

Why should it change? I think it's good to make people work harder --- especially when they are accustomed to taking people for granted.

Why should you give them a fish, when you're so good at teaching them to fish?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post

urgh, that is so high school.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    urgh, that is so high school.
    What really rubs me the wrong way with some of these women is that there is an element of fakeness in interaction with them. They are not interested in who I am, things I do, what's important in my life, they don't want to have a heart to heart conversation, they want excitement!!! They need to be approached a special way, with a big smile and made feel special. 'Wow, did you know bla bla bla?!' You have to give them a special feeling and if you don't they will hate you. Yes, they will hate you with a passion. How dare you talk to me and not make me feel a certain way? This literally makes me want to throw up. Or punch them. So it's probably best I ignore them.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I have bad drinking habits. It's not that I'm drinking every night. It's usually an average of one night a week, Friday or Saturday, when I go out with friends. So the problem isn't frequency, but overindulgence on the one night I do drink.

When I drink I usually end up hungover the next day. I'm short so I can't really hold that much alcohol anyway, so it's not like I drink this dangerous amount of liquor, but it's just enough to make me feel like crap in the morning.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ God, come to Sydney if you want to feel better about your drinking.

Lately I've started knocking back 2-3 beers every night. I work all day, and then study till 9pm. Get home around 9.30-10. I need something to take the edge off. I used to go the gym most afternoons and that's a good stress release. But now, there's no time in the day for me to do it.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I lived nearer to my sisters, I would probably drink a lot more alcohol.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alcohol sucks

i say things i wish i didn't ALL the time especially when i have a few drinks and then completely forget. i'm always apologising or cringing

i like to argue about nothing and call it debating and when i argue i can be extremely harsh

i'm too honest thinking the other person will be just as honest, can be funny actually but it makes some people who don't know me think i'm crazy

i'm very harsh when people annoy or let me down, i cut them out of my life and never speak to them again depending on the severity

i'm lazy and selfish, honestly i don't mind that, i always come first in my world
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    ^^^ God, come to Sydney if you want to feel better about your drinking.

Lately I've started knocking back 2-3 beers every night. I work all day, and then study till 9pm. Get home around 9.30-10. I need something to take the edge off. I used to go the gym most afternoons and that's a good stress release. But now, there's no time in the day for me to do it.
    I can see that. Everyone in all your Facebook pictures has a drink in one (or two) hands. New York must be alot like Sydney in that so much of the social scene here revolves around drinking. Y doesn't drink and when we go to parties, people look at him like he has two heads.

I'm coming to the same conclusion. I need to work out more and drink less.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I think too much, but don't write my ideas down enough.

My Rock Climbing girl partner kicked my ass badly today. Feeling emasculated.

I need to get back in shape.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123