View Poll Results: I would never fall for a guy if he was...

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poor: Great guy, but drives a ’92 Accord that makes sounds and has a big dent.

2 4.76%
  • Balding: Not completely bald, but is looking a little thin up top.

0 0%
  • No Self-Confidence: Looks at you as if he would do anything just to talk to you.

11 26.19%
  • Overweight: Everyone thinks he is an ASESOME person, but not in shape at all.

12 28.57%
  • Arrogant: Not exactly a Euro-trash metro sexual, but talks about himself all the time.

17 40.48%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alright LADIES... what is the least attractive thing about a man?

I have tried to tell him that ladies are NOT LIKE MEN!!! The way you look has only 10% to do with what a lady finds attractive. I told him that you could be pudgy, balding, poor, and with bad teeth, and as long as you have CONFIDENCE and genuinely believe that you are an AWESOME person... the ladies will love you.
    Not true, it’s dicusting when a man has confidence way higher than his actual looks or income. And most men seem to have that! I dated a guy who was much older than me, and apparently he had super high self confidence cuz once he was like “I don’t need a prostitute, I’m not that bad looking to pay women money to sleep with me” so, yea, and after I made him go shopping with me, he still thought I was dating him because it was HIM, then I read an article about golddiggers to him, he didn’t get anything, and even when I said I wanna marry an Eton student he didn’t get it, and he still doesn’t get that all I want is his money for now, and then I’m gonna find somebody better and move on, and it’s super annoying, tho I kno I shouldn’t be, cuz obviously itd be worse for me if he realised, but still it’s soooo annoying when a persons self confidence is so unproportionately high to his true value .. ps: can’t wait to dump him finally…

OK, the Tokyo Hotel guy always makes me laugh. No one over the age 13 would find him sexy, unless their into the whole genderf**k scene.

Uhhhhmmmm Wow!

You seem very self-secure. I was just commenting on how he looks like a gender androgynous, Chihuahua.

I didn't mean to have a go at you. I just mean, it takes a special girl to be heart poundingly attracted to a boy that looks like he might be a girl. And it takes a VERY stupid girl to want to "kill or die" for any boy.

It's just that there are some men that are so obviously attractive, that even guys get it. Johnny Depp for example. His entire demeanor is that of a cool attractive man. This kid from Tokio Hotel is also a beautiful human being, from a sort of porcelain or etched glass point of view. He looks like some stylized Egyptian pharaoh from a cave painting. So from an anthropological point of view, he is gorgeous.

And you are right... girls do find him attractive. It is just like the cycle of girly looking dudes is coming back around. You see back when I first started listening to music, it was the mid 80's, so bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Warrant, Faster Pussycat, and all that were huge, and I mean HUGE!!! And each and every one of those guys spent hours and hours in front of mirrors getting their eyeliner, eye shadow, and lipstick on just like a woman would. They teased their hair out so the rock-stars had more in common with the girls in the crowd than the guys. And it worked. The girls loved it!

Somehow it works for rock stars. But I GUARANTEE you, if those same girls came home, and their boyfriends were in front of the mirror doing up eyeliner, eye shadow, and parading around in skin tight spandex pants, and a shirtless vest top... they would have thought their boyfriends were ridiculous.

I am not an anthropologist, or a social scientist, so I can't really get into the whys and hows of any of this. I just know that if Hokio Hotel boy wasn't famous, and was just some kid in this town, and he came to a Jr. High party, the girls would probably find him so ridiculously interesting that they'd mistake that intrigue for attraction and fall all over themselves just like you said.

But if he went to a bar where adults go and drink wine... he would be seen with more of a circus attraction than a sexual attraction. Basically, I am not criticizing the kid. He is a good looking kid. But I just think he would look just as good in a T-shirt and jeans with some Converse All-Stars on (minus the black fingernail polish). His whole poodle hair, skirt, and leather whatever... it's a joke; a cartoon of himself.

But **** it... more power to him! And more power to you for liking him. To each his own. I was mostly just making fun of how you presented it that if I really want to know what EVERY girl is attracted to, I'd look at this kid. And I'm just like... Ha ha ha ha... I can name 30 girls right now that would giggle at how ridiculous this kid dresses. He's attractive, I'll admit, but his image is tailored towards a specific style of girl. That's all I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Not true, it’s dicusting when a man has confidence way higher than his actual looks or income. And most men seem to have that! I dated a guy who was much older than me, and apparently he had super high self confidence cuz once he was like “I don’t need a prostitute, I’m not that bad looking to pay women money to sleep with me” so, yea, and after I made him go shopping with me, he still thought I was dating him because it was HIM, then I read an article about golddiggers to him, he didn’t get anything, and even when I said I wanna marry an Eton student he didn’t get it, and he still doesn’t get that all I want is his money for now, and then I’m gonna find somebody better and move on, and it’s super annoying, tho I kno I shouldn’t be, cuz obviously itd be worse for me if he realised, but still it’s soooo annoying when a persons self confidence is so unproportionately high to his true value .. ps: can’t wait to dump him finally…
    Wow! That's all I can say. Wow!

You are not a twit. You are a disgusting human being. I can't help but wonder what heavy duty bullshit has happened to you to make you like this, and to make you think that it's okay to be like this.

You think that because a man finds himself above paying for sex that he is arrogant?!? And you type this in all bold, size 14, multi-colored font, while you cascade the bullshit line after line about you taking him just for his money. Sweetheart... you are R I D I C U L O U S ! ! !

I am so glad that I posted this thread. I am not sure I know exactly how to feel about it. I expected the outcome to be more heavily weighted towards guy with zero self-confidence as being the least attractive. And I certainly didn't see the groundswell of disapproval of arrogance.

The fat, poor, and balding I expected to be the last place, because no one really wants to admit to themselves that they are shallow, even (or especially) if you are.

This is good stuff. I thank all the ladies that voted. I wish there was some way of knowing who all voted, because I can't help but be sneakingly suspicious that some guys voted. But that may just be my paranoia.

It's a good thing I have confidence, am not balding, am not poor, and am not arrogant. I'm a little loose around the middle these days, but according to 80% of you, that's ok, as long as it's not ridiculous (which it is not), and as long as the other things are in order.

Thank goodness Elle is Canada's problem...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

i voted overweight cuz i am shallow like that.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Personally, I don't think that not being attracted to overweight people is shallow. It makes perfect sense. Beside the fact that high amounts of excess body fat is just ****ing gross on a man or a woman, it is a telegraphing signal that this person doesn't take care of themselves. It is a wobbly and giggly sign of weakness.

And all of this is coming from a guy that could stand to drop 4 pants sizes. It's the truth. Just 4 years ago, I weighed 50 lbs less than I do now. (keep in mind I'm 6"4' tall), and I am on my way back to that weight.

I have a funny story. I know a guy that literally earns his living by being a Bar Trivia Night Host. He does a different trivia night in a different bar each night of the week. He even drives back and forth between two towns and will do two or three gigs per night. Anyway, he is a total sweetheart, but for his "act" he puts on this total hard ass, coarse, smart ass persona. He makes fun of dumb answers and is just in general really abrasive. Well he has gotten so popular in the area that he was invited to be on a national radio interview. In the interview, the host asked him if he has picked up many girls because of his popularity... and he said the following...

"Yeah, there are a lot of girls that find me attractive that probably would have never given me the time of day otherwise. But I learned my first year into it, that any chick that is attracted to the ASSHOLE persona that I portray during trivia, is to be avoided at all cost!!!"

And I kind of feel that way about myself as an overweight person. I know what it is like to be fit, and weight not be an issue, and any woman that would be with me now, is automatically suspect in my mind for some low self esteem. Meaning, any woman that has to "look past my weight" is probably desperate and needy.

I'll be back to normal in 6 months. I'm just good like that. But in the mean time, I am still glad that there are some ladies out there that are picking up what I am laying down.

I love you girls!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces7378 View Post
    He does a different trivia night in a different bar each night of the week. He even drives back and forth between two towns and will do two or three gigs per night. Anyway, he is a total sweetheart, but for his "act" he puts on this total hard ass, coarse, smart ass persona. He makes fun of dumb answers and is just in general really abrasive.
    Ha, I would love that job. He sounds like George Carlin. RIP.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

"No Self-Confidence: Looks at you as if he would do anything just to talk to you."

Is this a correct description of a lack of self-confidence? Seems odd to me. Since when is looking at someone with desire a lack of confidence?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, that's what i was thinking last night as well
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    "No Self-Confidence: Looks at you as if he would do anything just to talk to you."

Is this a correct description of a lack of self-confidence? Seems odd to me. Since when is looking at someone with desire a lack of confidence?
    Because, there is a difference in looking at someone with desire and walking over to them with desire.

Men w/ no self-confidence will look at you from across the room ALL DAY, but will never approach you. They need an absolute full proof sign from you that you'd go for it before they'd ever even think about approaching you; as if a rejection in a bar is some kind of end-of-the-word thing.

Men w/ no self-confidence are the absolute most dangerous men on Earth. They seem like nice guys. But let me tell you about your "Nice Guy"... he has an ENORMOUS ego!!! I know, I know... it's counter intuitive. It seems like he has almost no ego. He will worship you, put you on a pedestal, take care of your every need, BUT... the second you start to grow bored with him, he is going to start to up his game with MORE flowers, more phone calls, more worship. This will start to get really old quick, and so you will start to pull back without really even knowing exactly what's wrong, you just know that something isn't right.

And then he will start to victim puke all over you. He'll start in with things like, "I've done this and that for you. I bought you this and that. I have told you that you were beautiful everyday... and this is how you repay me?!?"

You see his ego now? He has been keeping score in his head. He has been patting himself on the back the entire time about how awesome of a guy he is, because he really "takes care of his woman". And then when you break up with him, he will pull the wounded puppy routine complete with weeks of begging, crying, mixed CD's, flowers, phone calls, messages, texts, letters... and when you don't give him what he wants, it will turn into anger, and more victim speech about all he did for you, and how shallow you are for leaving him, and how women are so stupid because only an idiot would leave such an awesome guy...

Trust me ladies... the "Nice Guy" in the corner, needs to stay exactly there; in the freaking corner.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow, you sure do know a lot about relationships
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    wow, you sure do know a lot about relationships
    Oh, I've been around the block and through the ringer a couple times. But I think I am better at talking about relationships than actually being in them.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    @pisces : Having self-confidence doesn't mean You have to be a dickhead.

I know it from experience because I am with 'self-confident nice guy'

What You're saying is just an excuse for pricks.
    I wazzzz here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast