7 36.84%
  • B

1 5.26%
  • C

11 57.89%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question To Test Your Logic

I would have to say, DM, that the only reason you would want to post your answer in the thread rather than private message (when asked to private message it) is a shallow attempt to make yourself seem smarter by showing everyone your reasoning. Which, to me, just seems like a stupid game your trying to play.

That's the way I see it, at least.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's funny that you would say that. You and MVPlaya create a kind of competition to see who can solve some stupid ass question, and then post who answered it correctly and independently like they are some kind of winner

I undermine your competition whose purpose is to make someone else feel inadequate because they cannot answer a question, and you accuse me of trying to do exactly what you set out to do in the first place

Let whoever sees the question post an answer, and anyone else who might not have been able to figure it out won't have to say that they didn't

---

If the question was TRULY for someones enjoyment, as IT SHOULD BE, then a person can read a question without looking at answers. The way YOU set up the question wasn't meant for those people. You wanted to also see who COULDN'T answer the questions, and like MVPlaya had to be a dick about pointing out that for the first question, most people would have picked the wrong answer if some of us didn't give the right answer

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh oh, someone else smarter than MVP. Can his ego withstand the hit? Stay tuned.

I have to say I agree with DMs analysis, which is why I didn't post. But seeing as how the cats now out of the bag, I have to lend my support to the young genius. He's completely right.

Sorry MVP, it was pretty transparent.

My suggestion would be to post the answer in *white* font. If people want to view the answer, they can highlight the text & the answer will appear. This way, those who haven't had the chance to guess still can, and those who want to learn can too.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and defend MVP cuz he's my gay lover.

I don't think it was the intention of MVP to make anyone feel inadequate about being unable to answer a question.

Merely that some people (such as me) enjoy competition and having a list of winners acts as sort of a "reward" for correctly answering the question.

Of course, one of the side effects of such a system is exactly what you've outlined but I hardly think it was MVP's intention to make anyone feel inferior.

Wow, you two are so ridiculous.

I asked for people to PM to avoid the problem Sanctuary complained about with his puzzle, which was that people cheated. By asking people to not post on the thread, people could avoid the temptation of cheating, which just about everyone seems to believe was the problem the first time around.

Sure, I could ask you to post in white font, I could create a separate thread and have you post there instead, I could load the puzzle onto a third-party quiz site, I could do a million things. I chose my own way. How far you two read into that is only a reflection of your own paranoia and drama-prone nature. Its a ****ing brainteaser thread, for crying out loud.

And DM, are you serious? A quiz to make you feel worse? Its a thread with 3 or 4 brainteasers, people can participate however they feel like. Or not. Hell, with the first question, there is a public wall of people who got the answer wrong and posted it. But you know, maybe I just really wanted a secret vault of PM's with wrong answers, then I could use this information to... ehhh... ehhh.... I don't know where you're going with it either. Easy on the drama, people.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 08-11-09 at 09:54 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

How is the purpose of the competition to make someone feel inadequate? You said it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

If you get the question wrong, you are the only one who knows. If you get it right, yay for you.

The purpose of a logic puzzle is to have fun figuring it out. I set up the question like that so people could figure it out on their own without having someone like you come in and mess it all up. If your going to claim the purpose of my logic puzzle was to make people feel inadequate, logically, stemming from that, wouldn't that be the purpose of all logic puzzles?

But, no, it's not. As I just said, the purpose is to have fun.

At no point did I ever consider the purpose of the puzzle to be for anything but fun. I had no intention whatsoever of making anyone feel inadequate.

God, I love watching people who think they're smart go down in flames! bwahaha

Either way, if Anne is married or not the answer would be- A).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    God, I love watching people who think they're smart go down in flames! bwahaha
    lol, so you enjoyed your first post in this thread as much as I did?

There was a lot of pissyness about people cheating and other people seeing the answer.. so what?

DoesntMatter says:

"lol, so you enjoyed your first post in this thread as much as I did?"

of course I did after you pointed out the correct answer. I'm able to laugh at myself when I do something stupid. It was a silly mistake on my part, but you don't see me coming up with excuses or trying to justify myself.

"There was a lot of pissyness about people cheating and other people seeing the answer.. so what?"

I think the whole point was to implement an honor system so members couldn't cheat. You posted the answer twice despite being asked not to.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm also a huge ass and revel in that. My trolling tendencies are strong but here I just post on a whim

Trust me, if I didn't already have 3,000 posts already I would be trolling that faggot ass zumboorukchee MVPlaya. Go suck a fat one Playa

I was the first one to answer this poll and I voted A, have the admins check.

I didn't post my answer because I figured other people wanted to try it.

Its like gribble said, the answer is never what it seems, you have to look from every angle. It reminds me a lot of that scene in the movie Contact. They have 3 pieces of the plans to build the time stop machine and are looking for the fourth when all they needed to do was conjoin them to form a triangle rather than a square.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 08-11-09 at 12:54 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Does it matter whether its pmed or not? If you really want to try to solve it on your own just don't scroll down all the way. There is no award for getting it right, so there is no point in fighting about it. You're acting like a million dollars is at stake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here DM, this is for you:

[url]http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cornell_University[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

woooo, what an awesome night! She just left. Now time for more neuroanatomy, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast