+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you insensitive when it comes to animals??

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Dog is...the best friend of a human.
    [URL="http://www.wimp.com/dogsoldier/"]http://www.wimp.com/dogsoldier/[/URL]
    Silly european women that can't get sayings correct.

'Mans best friend'.

Also

'All (good) dogs go to heaven'

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That lion story is amazing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I had a cat and she got away and I missed her like hell.

About a few months later I see this dead cat on the side of the road that looks exactly like her.

So I tell my bf and he just starts laughing like it was a joke or something.

That shit just pissed me off, especially cuz he has a dog that he loves.

So I told him when his mutt dies I'll throw a party and see how he feels about it.

Then he got all offended over me practically doing the same shit he just did.

It's one thing to not feel the same way as a person who loves pets, but it's another to be an ass about it and laugh or say things like it's just a dog when the person clearly doesn't feel that same way. Nothing is wrong with having different views, but what's so hard in supporting that person to help them get over it?

I swear, some men don't realize it's the little things that count....or should I say...it's the little things that get them laid.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

This is such a good question. A lot of men I know are insensitive to animals. My boyfriend is insensitive to the animals he doesn't like. When one of my spiders died, he held me when I cried but I could tell he wasn't... you know... he wasn't feeling it. LOL! I don't know word for it.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to be so insensitive. I remember getting angry with an old girlfriend of mine because she showed up at my door weeping hysterically. When she told me her cat had to be put down after a dog mauled it I was pissed. I told her I thought something serious had happened. She did not like that.

Now that I have Doc, though, I understand. Doc's my baby. If he got eaten up I don't think I'd be reduced to tears, but I'd feel like shit for a good long while. When I come home from work the first thing I hear is "hello" and the next thing I hear is "C'mere! Up, up, up!" Every single day he's so happy to see me and all he wants is to be close to me. And a peanut. L'il dude's got to get his peanut fix.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doc will outlive you, Grib. I hope you've got him taken care of if something ever happens.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, he's only about 15 years younger than me. Assuming nothing unfortunate happens to either of us, we'll probably kick the bucket around the same time. He could live to be 100, but on average Greys live about 40. Assuming I do kick ahead of him my sister can take care of him, or maybe her kids.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, has he gone through that nasty adolescence that parrots go through? They typically make tons of noise and rip stuff to shreds. A lot of people don't expect that (around year 10-15) and the birds end up in shelters. I've heard of this w/ppl who keep cockatoos, especially.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They're just animals.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd had this cat since I was a child, for fourteen years. My mom called me and told me she had her put down because she had cancer, and I started to bawl. My ex was lke "Oh my god, what happened?" I told him my cat dies, and he got angry. "Seriously?" he said "why the hell would you cry over a cat? What's wrong with you?"

Dickwad. Just one of a million reasons we aren't together anyomore. Complete insensitivity.

A good man will at least take the time to understand why you are upset about it. They don't have to be sad too, but a little condolence isn't too much to ask I don't think.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So, has he gone through that nasty adolescence that parrots go through? They typically make tons of noise and rip stuff to shreds. A lot of people don't expect that (around year 10-15) and the birds end up in shelters. I've heard of this w/ppl who keep cockatoos, especially.
    I did my research. Doc isn't just a Grey. He's specific subspecies of Grey. Timneh. They are known for their stable, easy going personalities. Most people rush out and buy Congos which are slightly bigger and have slightly brighter plumage. In exchange for a slight aesthetic upgrade they get birds prone to neurotic disorders and self-mutilation. Not only that, Congos are infamous for selecting one person as a mate and disliking everyone else--and then suddenly discarding that one person for another after about 10-15 years. Timnehs like and dislike everyone on a case by case basis.

I don't know how anyone can go out and buy an expensive and long-lived pet without actually researching just what they are getting themselves into.
    Last edited by Gribble; 23-11-09 at 06:29 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123