+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual vs Cerebral

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i heard this from one of my professors and there is truth to this. everytime you see two girls, (guys for girls), you will always rate one better than the other one. when me and my boys are out cruzing, we will always notice the prettier one first. sometimes we don't even notice the other girl because we are too busy looking at the hotter one. like ely was saying, if you want to be noticed, hahaha..you always have to bring someone that isn't as good looking as you are. it might sound weird, but i'm willing to bet that it will work. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

And finaly, there is something that I have only ever been able to describe as 'the spark'.

Amen brutha! Some guys I find extremely physically attractive do NOTHING for me.. and that can be before they even open their mouths! It's all about the vibe in the end.

The last guy I dated was not a real looker, but man did he do it for me!

I wonder what the world would be like without supermodels, fancy actors and done-up popstars...?

happier, i think
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    human kind would probably think of anther type of entertainment to keep us busy. raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDream
    I wonder what the world would be like without supermodels, fancy actors and done-up popstars...?
    It would be 1883.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium
    1. Don't stand next to the knockout
    Excellent, EXCELLENT advice. Unfortunately ALL my friends are pretty much knock outs. How sad for me....
    I say we blame the media. Yes, lets just blame those bastards that plaster the magazines with the "beautiful" people you simply MUST strive, *turn yourself inside out if you have to*, be!! Life would be so much simpler if they would just stop telling us what is acceptable.

But then what would you sell to the consumer? There's too much money involved in molding our minds into anything they want and then selling us that very thing.

BTW, Breeze..tell your friends about your friend, Freddie...make me look good...whatever that means, by the way this thread is headed..

Freddie

Then we need an uprising! YES!!!!!! *stands up on soapbox*
    Mediocre people UNITE!! Damned to the depths with false beauty, and all who follow it! We will not allow our days to be consumed by the need to make ourselves over for the sole purpose of the justification of others! Nay I say! Let us be forever grateful just to be who we are! To embrace that which nature bestowed upon us. DARE to be DIFFERENT!
    *steps down from soapbox*

Okay, okay. So I get carried away sometimes..... sue me! LOL
    And Freddie, I am going to treat that comment with the contempt it deserves you bad boy you!
    Last edited by Breezy18; 27-08-04 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Typo of course! What the hell else???

Breez..alas, we cannot change the world. I decided some time ago that some will not be swayed so standing on the soapbox is a waste of energy. I'd concentrate on a few..the way Jesus did. Get you 12 disciples to buy into what you say and then in turn can teach 12 more. Masses are not easily moved...it takes time...we as herds don't like change...stay in a straight, steady line and we're happy.

Hey, I like your Ralph Waldo Emerson quote. That says it all.

Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Breez..alas, we cannot change the world.
    Well not with THAT attitude mister!!!!!
    Hey, I like your Ralph Waldo Emerson quote. That says it all.

Freddie
    Too true! Hard sometimes, but I am trying...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well in 1883, they also had their vices. in the olden days, instead of television, people went to brothels. raverboy

Yeah, and they went to brothels for the knockouts. Same problem

I think they went to brothels for the easy sex, personally.

But what I meant by 1883 is that people weren't affected globally by appearances. People didn't travel like they do now, even to the next town over (which were much further apart then) and they didn't have the media they do now to shove these beautiful people down their throats. (Not to mention all the air brushing, make up and hair stylists that they use). So in effect, they only had the people in their own towns to compare themselves to. And incidently, "knock outs" then were far more beefy than the "twiggy" models of today.

Actually part of the reason that models today are twiggy is the MEDIA. Yeah, that again. It's apparently because the camera makes them look fatter than they are.

if the camera makes Calista Flockhart look fatter than she is, I don't even want to think about what she "really" looks like.

Nobody needs to be that thin. No matter how many cameras are trained on them 24/7.
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast