+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is she too young?

in the state of alabama 16 is the legal age of consent, it is in many states though a lot of people think it is 18. I don't understand the big deal, I don't think you are that much more mature between 15-18 maybe you are but I have met many 16 year olds that were just as mature, I personally believe that the age of consent should be at least 16 across the board.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha think back to when you were 16, and compare how much you've grown snice then.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

See.. thats what I said... the other thing is .. its not a question of whether its legal or not.. but do you honestly think a 15 and a 20 year old have a lot in common? IMHO.. I dont think this would be a healthy relationship for either one of them.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    hahaha think back to when you were 16, and compare how much you've grown snice then.

raverboy
    the point I was trying to make is how much do you mature from 16 to 18...any?

Quote Originally Posted by gsgann22
    the point I was trying to make is how much do you mature from 16 to 18...any?
    It's different for everyone. Some 16 year olds are as mature as any 30yo, others are more like 12yo. Although personally at 18 I was pretty different from how I was at 16.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

from 16-18 just a bit but its significant change you are finally legal and can do what you want just cant drink i guess depending where you are from....from 18-20 eww i think that that is the stuck in between satge cant yet drink yet legally and figuring if not undecided about what you want to do in life and lots of partying. from 21 on i think from my own experienc you have more direction to where you are going and what you want to do you definatley party probraly have a steady job and alot of people in this age group are either graduating or continuing there education. but every one is different

5 years difference its not the worst i have ever heard of. you can't force sex on her, or i would say you shouldnt. anything happens for example she gets pregant, her parents find out, im assuming they already dont like you because of the age difference and they probably think all guys are only looking for sex, most are but thats off the subject. Her parents find out you can have charges against you and i believe thats 10-20 years in prison. Im 18 and im dating a 16 year old...i am very cautious about that type of stuff.
    When I have gone and you’ve moved on will you remember me?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    GS.. well that honestly depends on the person. i think that some people do mature a lot in those two years, but overall, you don't really change all that greatly. why do you think that we still haven't evolved to a higher being.

raverboy

Don't you sometimes find it hard to make conversations with a person much younger than you? When you talk to her to you might have the tendency to keep certain topics away.
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oh shiet, i know exactly what you mean. before when i was umm.... i think 21... i used to date a girl that was 17. i think that the maturity level between these two really matter. i couldn't talk to my gf once i started to date her, and the longer our relationship went on, the more i felt the distance. it was really weird. however now, i think that 4 years isn't really a big different. that is i'm much older now and people 4 years younger have much more things in common with me.

raverboy

I don't think she's too young, i have friends that have been in the same situation, just make sure that she's ''grown up enough'' or else, you'll be in a hell of a shitty position.. just make sure that you know the consequences getting into this.. if you were 15, and dated a 20 year old. it would be different, remember that if you screw her up , it will affect her for the rest of her life, because she is so young.. so make sure you be very careful

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz
    It wont be easy Ive known to many age differences like this and they have never worked (albeit 1) even my own Im 39 and my exwife is 23..
    It just didnt work (I will love her foreever and probably willing to live by myself for the rest of my life) I know 15 and 20 are a lot closer but mentally your about as far as I was with my wife..Im really sorry but if u can run now do it if u cant ur in for a long hard time my friend and may GOD help you both
    not true at all i know couples with big age differances that have lasted over 5 years
    not to mention the magoity of reltationships dont work out no mady if there is an age sifferance or not
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

[QUOTEDamn, Amber, now you're my rival..you keep beating me to the punch and taking variations of what I was going to say and saying them before me.

Would you mind edeting your posts whenever I get in late and say something similar? This way I'll look cooler and more original.[/QUOTE]

Um..... sure?!?

my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Frebbiezadyke
    word hommies
    My friend hooked up with a 14 year old at a college party. She said she was 17. He's 19...shoulda saw the look on his face.

haha i wish i could have. how'd he find out how old she was?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast