+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do some guys avoid touching their girl-friends like the plague

LOL. You're hilarious. But I don't think it is the same for me. I don't dress in a revealing way.
    As long as you've worn clothes that fit well to your body the imagination can fill in gaps and make guys uncomfortable around you. Its because they are attracted but know two things:

1) They could be tempted to touch you in a way you DID actually mind, and when you confronted them on it probably freak out

2) They could take the fact you didn't care as an attraction to them and potentially damage or even destroy their friendship without because of a bad assumption.

In response to the OP..

I am a reasonably confident guy, I have no problem talking to women and making good eye contact, this goes for my girl-friends as well as strangers.

I am careful about physical contact aside from taps on the shoulder or hugs because I want to respect a womans' space or comfort zone. There are some people, men and women who are just very physical and need/like physical contact with others. Not in a sexual way, and not even because they are attracted to them, it's just part of their make up, who they are. I am not one of those people. Maybe you are.

Even more so I do this for professionalism. I am a photographer and work with some beautiful girls, some of whom I become friends with. Even when we are friends, I do not like to initiate touch because I carry over the habit. It's not necessary most times, but it happens that way.
    Last edited by nims; 04-01-11 at 07:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123