+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of you feel like or pretty sure that your ex can't find someone as you( or hard)

From another over lamenting thread:
    I just feel like its (no contact) too hard to deal with, especially if you still care about someone. No contact makes you over think about things even just a little contact is better than none at all but that is just my opinion
    One thing about giving up something is it's pretty impossible to do if you keep having little hits of it. No contact is like quitting smoking. The first little while of being nicotine free you constantly want contact with your friend the smoke. You think about it, you talk around in your head about it and tell yourself just one, I'll buy a pack and just have one a day. Well you can't quit smoking if you keep having a cigarette. Eventually, after not having contact with tobacco, the inner dialogue susbsides, the withdrawl from your friend seems to lessen and lessen and next thing you know, you're smoke free and indifferent to tobacco even when you're in the same room with it.

No contact is not a strategy to get someone back (if they, like cigarettes) were good for you, didtn cause problems to your well being, you'd still be with them. No Contact is a fantastic strategy to get over someone or something that is not healthy for you.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-06-11 at 01:46 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123