+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some third party advice...

Quote Originally Posted by motleylou View Post
    Like you posted in my thread, I can absolutely sympathize 100% with where your at, bc I'm there too. And I tell myself everyday that I can have no regrets because I never cheated or lied to her and treated her really well. She decided to leave and make out with some kid while we were dating, so why do I want that back? I know the feeling though, and what keeps going through my head is that I want the old gf back from the first 7 months we were together not the POS that she was the last week. So every time you wish she was with you whether it be riding in the car or watching a show you 2 used to watch. Try not to picture the old gf that you laughed with and had great times with. Just picture the person who would really be there with you the distant, unfriendly and unaffectionate gf who was there at the end of the relationship. For me that's the hardest part to get through my thick skull, is that the person I fell in love with is gone and I will never get her back because of the things she's done. Even if we got back together I highly doubt things would ever be as good as they were the first time around, and it does suck but hopefully will get better over time.
    Right. I understand her telling me that she's "sorry" and that she "can't change her feelings". That's all fine but that gives her no right to treat me like absolute shit. I did everything for that girl and even after she officially called it off, I STILL went out and bought her cigarettes/food, let her sleep in my bed, gave her massages, etc. I'm through being walked all over. F*ck that. I don't deserve any of that.

Yup Purrzzzz and for me that's the toughest part, I just want to go back and relive the last 6 months when everything was great. And every single day I just have to remind myself that that person is gone and there's nothing I can do. It does help a little bit but overall I think it will just take time. Then with enough time I'll find someone better, create new memories and hope that she's better than my previous ex. All I can do is control myself and whatever happens, happens.

No you don't deserve any of that, just go NC and even tell her if you have too. Just say listen I know that you care about me, and right now if you truly care about me you won't contact me so I can get myself together, because it's too hard to do when your still contacting me. Maybe later down the road you'll want to contact her or maybe not, but you gotta get some space so you can get her off your mind. Then just let time do it's thing, heal up and then when your good and ready, go out and find someone 10x better than she ever was.

I had a moment of weakness earlier today. I was going through my entire Facebook and ridding mostly everything that was related to her. I eventually got to the beginning, where we first started talking. I read some of it and I couldn't stand it. How could she stray so far from where we started? I miss that girl. I want that girl back. Every time I think I'm making progress and steps forward, she inches back into my life somehow. She texted me earlier today with a simple, "How is everything?" I haven't responded yet. I feel like I should just respond with, "Pretty amazing." or something short and quick. I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by motleylou View Post
    Like you posted in my thread, I can absolutely sympathize 100% with where your at, bc I'm there too. And I tell myself everyday that I can have no regrets because I never cheated or lied to her and treated her really well. She decided to leave and make out with some kid while we were dating, so why do I want that back? I know the feeling though, and what keeps going through my head is that I want the old gf back from the first 7 months we were together not the POS that she was the last week. So every time you wish she was with you whether it be riding in the car or watching a show you 2 used to watch. Try not to picture the old gf that you laughed with and had great times with. Just picture the person who would really be there with you the distant, unfriendly and unaffectionate gf who was there at the end of the relationship. For me that's the hardest part to get through my thick skull, is that the person I fell in love with is gone and I will never get her back because of the things she's done. Even if we got back together I highly doubt things would ever be as good as they were the first time around, and it does suck but hopefully will get better over time.

Best post I have read for ages!! So so true

That's exactly where I am right now. I just want it back to where it was before Christmas but she's not the same person anymore and if we ever got back together it would just wouldn't be the same anymore

I don't know that I'll ever forget what she did and the way she treated me. I'm happy to forgive but I just think it will always be there if we got back together

It would never be the same.. that is pretty much what I have been trying to do for months..I too went all the way back on his fb profile to those awesome times.. found that he had deleted some.. that cut me to the core.. it was my mistakes that let to the breakup, but he didnt tell me how he felt about them till it was too late..if ONLY I had known... I NEVER would have hurt him..but he wouldnt tell me.. then, once he did, I completely changed my ways.. but he just wouldnt let down his wall and allow me back in.. so I have pretty much been groveling at his feet for a few months..just knowing we could get that back.. but he wont let it be... and now I guess I'm rambling on again...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123