+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you bring up a looming issue?

LOL. Back to the topic...

I think it is a little far stretched to "diagnose" that the guy has an alcohol problem. Don't know about you guys, but we did a lot of shit when I was young. Not proud of it, but this is just how it was. Saying stuff like "wait until in three years with an alcoholic" is really out of line, because none of us knows the person. We all make mistakes.

He got charged with a DUI. He put himself and the OP through hell to get that charged dropped and then HE DID IT AGAIN. He Drove Under The Influence AGAIN.. Odds are... just sayin.

Personally I hope he does do it again just long enough to get charged again but thrown in jail, loses his license and gets heavily fined. Perhaps then (even if he DOESN'T have a tendency to become an alcoholic) he'll hopefully learn a lesson before he kills someone.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 31-08-11 at 03:52 AM. Reason: typo
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Anybody who gets charged with a DUI and CONTINUES to drive while drinking is a complete idiot. Get rid of this loser before he kills somebody and your relationship is conducted via jailhouse phones through a glass window.

He may not have a drinking problem, but he certainly has a thinking problem.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2Roux View Post

I could have done without the drama.
    Bullshit. People were trying to give you advice, and you created drama out of nothing when you didn't like what the (correct) advice was.

Plus, you're in a drama-filled relationship with this stuff, and you obviously aren't getting out.

It really, really annoys me when people talk about being "sick of drama". 95% of the time, they cause it wherever they go.

Hint: You're not part of the five percent.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Posters are getting hung up on labels (again). Whether he's an alcoholic or not is irrelevant. I'm inclined to agree with Eco on this, he may just not think that DUI is a big deal.

Of course, that just makes him an asshole. This isn't about personal risk, its about making decisions for himself that put others at risk. For that, I hope your BF goes to jail for a very long time. Its one thing to decide to ride a bicycle without a helmet and smash your own brains in. Its another thing entirely to operate a 2000 lb vehicle and potentially kill someone else's wife/husband/ or CHILD.

So, I would definitely confront him about this and let him know you think its a dealbreaker. If he can't be responsible about this, do you think he'll be responsible in other areas of your life together?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you were 24?! Shit, I thought you were 16. You are the most immature-sounding thoughtless adult I have ever spoken to. First of all, everyone knows its a serious issue. Duh. Secondly, you need to learn how to soften your posts: why the hell do you think I refuse to listen to your vagina lips? People are not going to want to hear your advice if you sound like an asshole. Suppose I have a really serious issue in the future and want to post it on here. Am I going to want to confide in you? **** no. You're insane
    Oh god, I just saw this. You and your idiot BF deserve each other. This is a FREE website. For entertainment. You get what you pay for on the internet. What you need is a counsellor but I suspect given where you live you probably can't afford one. You are lucky you even got any responses with your attitude.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There was no reason why Wakeup needed to verbally attack me in the first place. I was only defending myself. I find it interesting that all of you are just now bashing me over an issue that is already being improved. My boyfriend and I have discussed the situation and he knows I would leave him if it happened again. He knows I couldn't deal with it. Thanks to responses like Ecojean's I feel like my relationship is being improved. I found the verbal attacks to be extremely counter productive and make me NOT want to share and improve my issues. I just told one of my darkest secrets hoping to get help out of it and I've found very few helpful posts. I'm putting every last one of you on ignore. If I loved drama so much, would I otherwise? No

By the way, Indi, I thought your FIRST post was helpful. But then you had to give in to the immaturity of this ridiculous discussion, which yes, I admit I am a part of. She attacked me first by telling me to grow up. I think taking a step back and looking at my intimate relationship in another way and realizing an issue with it is a very mature thing to do. But she chose to bash me for it

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There was no reason why Wakeup needed to verbally attack me in the first place. I was only defending myself. I find it interesting that all of you are just now bashing me over an issue that is already being improved. My boyfriend and I have discussed the situation and he knows I would leave him if it happened again. He knows I couldn't deal with it. Thanks to responses like Ecojean's I feel like my relationship is being improved. I found the verbal attacks to be extremely counter productive and make me NOT want to share and improve my issues. I just told one of my darkest secrets hoping to get help out of it and I've found very few helpful posts. I'm putting every last one of you on ignore. If I loved drama so much, would I otherwise? No
    Don't bother. Why don't we just delete your account. Its not like you have any right to be here, its not a democracy. What a drama queen you are.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    By the way, Indi, I thought your FIRST post was helpful. But then you had to give in to the immaturity of this ridiculous discussion, which yes, I admit I am a part of. She attacked me first by telling me to grow up. I think taking a step back and looking at my intimate relationship in another way and realizing an issue with it is a very mature thing to do. But she chose to bash me for it
    Go away fool. I already think you're an idiot for even being with a guy like this in the first place. The rest of your posts just confirmed it.

What I recommend if you want to stay here is to delete your first post, which will remove this entire thread. Start over with a clean slate. Better hurry tho.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And Evo, if you had paid attention to what I have been saying this entire time you would have realized that I have made it clear time and time again that I will NOT tolerate a relationship with a prisoner

Indi, I'm putting you on ignore, sorry

Thank you, Mona. I can get help without people pointing fingers at me and telling me I need to grow up. I'm sure nobody here is a golden child, but we can all learn from our mistakes, which is what my boyfriend is trying to do. If he can't, he won't be my boyfriend anymore

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doubt you'll get many responses now. See ya, Roux. Better luck next forum.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It wasn't the advice. It was the delivery you dumb shit
    Wow. I'm trying to figure out what this dude did to deserve a response like this. Not finding anything.

Note: The vast majority of people really, really, really hate drunk drivers. I imagine there are probably a lot of people on here know somebody who was killed because of an idiot getting behind a wheel when they shouldn't have. So when you say shit like 'I should drink and drive tonight JUST to piss you off', you aren't going to win too many people over. Anywhere. Well maybe in your drunken circle of friends, but not anywhere else. Somebody who does it and is proud of it is a selfish piece of shit like the piece of shit who killed my friend's 6-year old son and nearly killed my friend and his other 2 kids because the idiot was too annihilated to even slow down at a stop sign.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast