+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acne

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I do it daily while in the shower....with rose....LOL
    ooh baby... you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    Wash your face a lot. I used to have it a bit and every time I would be near a bathroom, I'd wash my hands, run cool water over my face and then pat it dry with a paper towel. I noticed a significant different in less than a week. I'm not saying this will work for you but it helped me.
    Please be careful with this approach. You should keep your face clean, and avoid touching it, but overwashing will actually cause your face to produce more oil. I wash maybe 3 times per day. Morning, after work and at night. Your skin produces the oil on purpose and overwashing will be counterproductive.

I have been dealing with acne for 15 years. I never had the cystic acne that plagues many. Mine was just your basic variety that no one was able to fix. This past year I went on a prescription benzoyl cream and it cleared it up completely for the first time since I was 15!

For cystic acne Accutane is a miracle cure. Many friends have mine have cured their acne forever with it, but it is really only good for cycstic.

I am certain that I care more about the looks of my skin than anyone else. I think when you have acne you fixate on it. Others really don't notice it as much as we do.

Yeah I have mild to moderate acne. It's always worse in the mornings so when I go to college and i'm round people it's at its worse and I get home and it looks a lot better in the evinings!! Typical. It is also worse in cold weather so its not to good at the moment. I'm gonna try benzol peroxide 2.5% along with the regimen at acne.org (great site, can't remember who on this forum recommended it but thanks a lot!!), I'll tell you if it gets better, Thanks

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy
    Yeah I have mild to moderate acne. It's always worse in the mornings so when I go to college and i'm round people it's at its worse and I get home and it looks a lot better in the evinings!! Typical. It is also worse in cold weather so its not to good at the moment. I'm gonna try benzol peroxide 2.5% along with the regimen at acne.org (great site, can't remember who on this forum recommended it but thanks a lot!!), I'll tell you if it gets better, Thanks

Pete
    Pete, I have also had several friends meet with great success using proactiv
    [url]http://www.proactiv.com/[/url]

Thanks that looks great!!!!

Coffeecrazy-----Go to your local supermarket and stock up on oranges/apples/strawberries/grapes/etc. Eat some fruit every single morning. Do this religiously for a month. You should see some positive results :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Coffeecrazy-----Go to your local supermarket and stock up on oranges/apples/strawberries/grapes/etc. Eat some fruit every single morning. Do this religiously for a month. You should see some positive results :-)
    Thanks!!!, that sounds great - eating and treating - fantastic!!

CoffeeCrazy seems WAY too excited about all of this. So many "!!!" lol It's amusing really. Cut down on the caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    CoffeeCrazy seems WAY too excited about all of this. So many "!!!" lol It's amusing really. Cut down on the caffeine.
    lol!!! (oh shit sorry), you cant know what acne is like unless you have it, it is the worst thing that could of happened to me. So when I see a treatment that I havent tried you get excited. I've tried so many things, spent so much money but still suffer from acne. It's all I ever think about, it takes over your life and makes you feel like shite. Some days I feel OK, others I wish I was dead.

lol!!! (oh shit sorry), you cant know what acne is like unless you have it, it is the worst thing that could of happened to me. So when I see a treatment that I havent tried you get excited. I've tried so many things, spent so much money but still suffer from acne. It's all I ever think about, it takes over your life and makes you feel like shite. Some days I feel OK, others I wish I was dead.
    Acne is really devastating to the self esteem. It is really hard for people who haven't dealt with it to relate. Try the proactiv, it really does work. You will eventually get your skin under control and feel way better. Microdermabrasian really helps get rid of scarring. Check into at local salons and dermatologist offices.

Quote Originally Posted by cycletease
    Acne is really devastating to the self esteem. It is really hard for people who haven't dealt with it to relate. Try the proactiv, it really does work. You will eventually get your skin under control and feel way better. Microdermabrasian really helps get rid of scarring. Check into at local salons and dermatologist offices.
    Thanks, Do/did you suffer from acne??

Thanks, Do/did you suffer from acne??
    Yep, for the last 15 glorious years! Benzoyl peroxide cream from the dermatologist is the only thing to have ever worked for me. Gone through the whole circuit of dealing with it. Once it clears up you won't have to worry too much about it. The scarring bothers me but I am working to get rid of it.

Is yours severe?

yeah, its a lot harder to see scaring then it is too see all those nasty, inflamed red things. At least with scaring, yo can make it look half decent ROFL.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

AcneFree > Proactiv, and is much cheaper. It's basically a Benzoyl-Peroxide plan for about $20 that lasts a month or 2. Worked for me.
    The only way to guaruntee a 100% rejection rate is never to ask at all.

New solution is here!

Hi!
    Just visit new dating site-
    [URL=http://]http://www.loveme.singlescrowd.com[/URL]
    Free registration,thousands of profile,forum,free e-mailing and SMS service.
    Try it now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast