+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Acne do chicks care

Acne do chicks care

i have minor acne like around 2 pimples my acne was bad now its going away i think but i hate it! i am afraid my new gf will dump me if i suddenly break up! do girls care about acne?any help woulld be greatly apprecaited

The effort to better yourself appears far greater than the effort displayed of doing nothing.

Don't worry about it. Unless you are 45 and it covers you from head to toe, you shouldnt get too concerned.

You are likely a high school teen, and most likely you are surrounded by other people that get it as well. Your best bet is to talk to your parents or friends and find out their suggestions for getting rid of it.

I had a pretty noticable amount of it when I was in high school as well, but after using certian medications it cleared up just fine. Talk to your local pharmacy about what kind of stuff they have. If you have a family doc, they can prescibe stuff thats enormously better than the stuff you buy on the market.

Stop eating greasy foods, or chocolate. Get out in the sun more often.

And just remember, you will eventually grow out of it.

eating food is a myth and was proven as such. Ways to treat ache are to be active, stay healthy, and treat it accordingly (good Hyg.).

Ache is caused by things such as stress, lack of self-cleaniness(sp?), and genes are involved a little as well.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    eating food is a myth and was proven as such. Ways to treat ache are to be active, stay healthy, and treat it accordingly (good Hyg.).

Ache is caused by things such as stress, lack of self-cleaniness(sp?), and genes are involved a little as well.
    That's one big fat lie. Food does cause break outs. But not chocolate though. Dough and other products such as white bread cause break outs. Cleanliness has nothing to do with acne. In fact the more you scrub and strip your skin of essential oils, the more oil it generates!

Acne can never go away too. If you have a bad liver. So make sure you don't take drugs (that destroy your liver 10x faster than alcohol) and don't drink too much alcohol either.
    I have it all. Including kino.

I'm not sure about the food thing, but I'm pretty sure it's a myth... Cleanliness does have to do with acne, though. There are different causes of acne, but it's usually caused by a bacteria, so keeping your face clean does make a difference. But Killerbabe is right about scrubbing it too much, because it produces more oil to compensate for the drying out of your skin.

You just need to wash your face with a good cleanser morning and night, don't ever touch your face throughout the day (keep the oils and bacteria from your hands away from your face), stay healthy, and if that doesn't help, then ask your doc. If your acne is bad enough, you'll be referred to a dermatologist, like I was. I'm using Retin-A, which is a topical medicine, and although it at first made me breakout a bit, patience paid off and I'm seeing a difference after about 2 months.

Different things work for different people, but if a little extra effort to keep yourself clean and whatnot doesn't seem to make a difference, then just ask your doc. There ya go!
    "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
    -Moulin Rouge

I guess every case is different, but I had a problem with acne and if I ate a chocolate, you could set your watch to it, 24 hours later I sprung up a new little white headed friend on my face.

I think the biggest factor is genes, which you can't do anything about..but at least you can get some info from your parents. Did either have a problem with acne? What worked for them?

I would recommend to drink lots of water. Do keep as clean a face as you can, but don't scrub because logically, abrasions causes easy access deeper into your skin for dirt and the such. Maybe diet will have an effect on you, maybe it won't. See what works for you.

One home remedy is, if you have access to one..and they are not illegal.. take aloe vera plant. Cut off a small piece. You'll notice a slobber-like substance. That's the good stuff. Rub that on the problem area and it should suck up the acne causing particles where applied. It'll make the area feel dry..as most acne medication will.

Ha ha..I just realized..he never asked for help to get rid of the acne.. Sorry about that, Timmy. But any info is power, right?

Yeah, I've read that drinking plenty of water helps, too. And the aloe vera also helps redness/irratation associated with acne. I recently switched to a cleanser with aloe in it because my acne medicine irritates my face a bit sometimes, and I've noticed it has helped a bit.

Wow, I thought the chocolate thing was just a myth lol Well, everyone's different!
    -Moulin Rouge

Sweetdreamz018, the fact that food causes acne is not a myth anymore, if you read scientific magazines. It used to be thought of as a myth, but then it turned out that it's not. Sorry, you want a nice face no cleanser or medication is going to help you unless you stop eating junk food and white products such as bread, potatoes (!!!), and greasy foods in general. If you would actually think about it from a scientific perspective you could see a link. Food affects your stomach and the stomach directly affects your face. Junk food and pastry irritate your stomach and cause all kinds of digestive disorders ranging from bloating to sickness. You are what you eat. You think all that nasty stuff is not going to affect your body?! And ESPECIALLY your face?!

thats some interstin facts and info there BUT my main question was do chicks care about acne on their boy friends face?

Umm...if it's not REALLY bad and the guy is relatively cute, it's alright. I don't think ti's that big og a problem.

I guess every case is different, but I had a problem with acne and if I ate a chocolate, you could set your watch to it, 24 hours later I sprung up a new little white headed friend on my face.
    This is exactly the same way I am, and needless to say I am far older than your average high school kid. Even at my age if I eat chocolate the same thing happens. Call it a myth or whatever, but it happens to me.

Do chicks care? If they love you the way they should, you could have your arm chopped off tomorrow and they would be with you at the hospital and until the day you die.

It all depends on the girl. Some girls are overly obsessed with physical appearances, and might get a little turned off by it, but thats why I said what I did.

The effort to better yourself appears far greater than the effort displayed of doing nothing.
    As long as you are doing something about it and not letting it overcome your face, any chick that wants to dump you over something like this doesnt deserve to be with you in the first place.

i like that quote at the end of ur post very true
    my gf keeps tellin me how im hot n now im scared wen i meet her friends there gonna be like he has pimples hes not hot
    im lookin forward to wen puberty finishes il have crystal clear skin around a yr to go im 18

Cybog's first post mentioned that lots of other teens have acne, so it's not like it's some rare disease that her friends will be disgusted by! Don't worry about how her friends will react, because if you're a great guy like I'm sure you are, then I doubt they'll notice something so silly as a little pimple or two. Having pimples does NOT equal not hot! Besides, you say your gf tells you you're hot, so hey, don't worry about it
    -Moulin Rouge

mmm...yea that sounds right i guess im just paranoid thats all thnx for the help n advice ppl