+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paradise Described In The Qur'an

You don't need to prove it, Frasbee, it's no secret. You are not privy to some special knowledge that nobody else knows...

The Jews are. Privy, that is.

I haven't seen any of the other groups you mentioned post, and ask for me, or anyone else to comment on their little cult. This guy did. He posted his religous propaganda on a thread, and I was under the impression, I could give my opinion of his post without fear of harassment from well meaning, but ignorant posters. I never claimed to be an authority on religion or on anything for that matter. I simply stated that Muslems were not the peaceful, loving people they claim to be. I have seen the trouble they have caused, and will at every chance cause again. The Jewish owned media is not the only source of news that supports this fact.[url] http://www.aljazeerah.info/[/url] There are many other groups Some Christians that are no better. The IRA for one, a fine Christian organization, full of murderers. That does not excuse the overwelming hatred that pours from the Muslem community. By, and large they are the worst. When some Jewish Hate monger, or other elitist board snob posts his boatload, I may react the same way.
    HOW CAN YOU LIVE ON WITHOUT KNOWING THESE THINGS?
    Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
    Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
    Coca-Cola was originally green.
    It is impossible to lick your elbow.

do you really think those things?

Albania has a muslim majority and is considered the most tolerant secular nation in the world when it comes to the religious expression. Indonesia is the largest islamic state in the world and i can tell you when i visited that I had never met people as hospitable and friendly. especially not in the usa.

Bombshelterbob, i'm afraid you are very misinformed about islam. the media, ie the 'news' you keep going back to is hardly impartial, nor do they conduct fair an balanced reporting. Believe it!

What you see representative of islam or muslims are a very very small minority. the reason they seem larger than life? why... oh you tell me, patriot son of the red white and blue.

I don't blame you for thinking the way you do though. i myself fear that I may be abducted in the middle of the night and have a forced baptism performed on me by some overzealous christian fanatic. I swear, i have dead bolts on my door.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BombShelterBob
    I was under the impression, I could give my opinion of his post without fear of harassment
    Are you kidding?

Even our little Islamic idealist here expected to be harassed for his views.

Surah 9:5: "Then fight and slay the pagans where you find them and seize them and lie in wait for them in every strategy of war."
    Surah 47:4: "When ye encounter the Infidels, strike off their heads till ye have made a great slaughter among them and the rest make fast the fetters."
    Surah 5:51a: "O ye who believe take not the Jews or the Christians for your friends or protectors. They are but friends and protectors of each other."

Jehad NOUN: 1. A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.

I can only believe what I see. If they stop their terrorist acts, then I will believe they are peaceful. I don't think Buddhists are terrorists, because they don't commit terrorist acts. I don't think transcendentals are terrorists, because they don't kill those that don't believe. I think the IRA is a terrorist org., because they actively commit acts of terror. It would do no good for them to try to convince they aren't. No matter what the reason for the act. If you set off a bomb to prove your point, you might be a terrorist. If you take flying lessons, and don't care if you can land the plane, you might be a terrorist. If you own a dynamite sports coat, you might be a terrorist. If you stoned your sister inlaw for divorcing your brother, you might be a terrorist. If you have ever been on tv, posing with the hostages, you might be a terrorist.

Even our little Islamic idealist here expected to be harassed for his views.
    Ok. You got me. I did expect to be harassed. I just thought it would come from the Islamic idealist.

I guess I don't get enough harassment at home, so I have to turn to strangers for harassment.

Jinxy I can agree with you, that there are alot of Muslems that want to live in peace, and that terror is not the aim of all of Islam, but the argument would carry more weight if Countries like Saudi Arabia would take a more active roll in condemning the terror that originates on their own soil.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The Apostle Paul writes in II Corinthians 6:14-15, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

Here's an article I also found interesting.
    [url]http://www.baptiststandard.com/2001/11_19/pages/comment_holywar.html[/url]

My only real point is that these holy wars are nothing new and Christians quite possibly may have been seen in a light quite similar to the light Muslims are seen in today.

Prejudice is a b-i-t-c-h.

Wow!

First of all, way to come through with actual (gasp!) evidence, Bob! I'm impressed!

And Frasbee, where I would have probably just commended Bobbo on his superb investigative skills, you were quick to attack the Bible... I think that's sweet!

Good job hombres. But... I'm gonna have to call you on this:

"Jehad NOUN: 1. A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels."

Seems bogus.

Peace.

The appropriate Soil to use against you has been chosen.
    Heit ist mein taug.

The def. was a copy/paste from The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. Thats why noun was all in caps. I would have provided it sooner, but I didn't realize how ignorant some of you were concerning other religious beliefs. I could post more than a few examples of terrorist acts commited by Fundamentalist Muslems. I just thought it was common knowledge among intellegent people that Muslems are responsable for more terrorist acts that any other single group these days. Christians were at the top, but have been overcome and left behind by Muslems in the last 20yrs. Although with people like Jim Jones, and David Corresh, and orgs. like The IRA, the KKK, and Aryan Nations, Christians still manage a respectable second. Of course the Old Testament contains its share of Violence as well. Should I be required to post evidence of that too, or are you familiar with that book.

Hey Frasbee,
    reading all your posts, I have started to think maybe I should go out and buy some choco chip cookies!!! What Say???
    I feel any religious text can be interpreted in whatever way you want to.. Dont give some out of context quotes, and try to get brainwashed yourself.. This also applies to the guy who started this post, well if you wanna stay in your "all-en-compassing-truth" then goodluck! (but I think he has just disappeared, maybe he's into some terrorist activty, watchout ppl!)

wow it really is impossible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast