+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From Paradise to Hell in a Day

From Paradise to Hell in a Day

I'm new to this forum here and I am just seeking advice/comments on my break up and if I have a right to be furious...

My girlfriend and I had been together for almost 3 years. She had lived with me for a year and a half. She had moved into my parents house so we could go to school and be together. Once I had finished high school I wanted to stay with her and wait until she is done school, as she is two years behind me. So because she was still in high school, I put off going to post secondary to wait until she had finished school. Anyway, to get to my break-up, everything had been normal until one day when had gotten home from work she tells me that she has feelings for someone else. She explained her feelings by saying that whenever she say this guy she got butterflies in her stomach and stuttered when she talked to him. So., this is quite the kick in the nuts to me. So we sit and talk about this and we figure we can work things out. So the next day it's obvious that it wasn't going to work between us. She tells me she is confused and wants to be single for a while. So that's what happened, we broke up, she moved out. I call her two days after, I tell her to call me so we can talk and that she still had some things at my house. She says she was going to call me, never ended up doing that. So Friday rolls around, I go out with my friends to get drunk. Drunk and at the bar, I run into a couple people she works with. They tell me that she's been staying at this guys hotel since we had broken up. I have met this guy once and all I know about him is that she is 6 years older than him and he doesn't live here, he's only temporarily working here. So I wake up Saturday, hungover, and the fact she threw out our 3 year relationship and in the same day she was sleeping with this guy at his hotel makes me just sick to my stomach. So eventually I need talk to her and ask her how she can do something like this to me. So that's what I did, through friends I found out that she just got a new cell phone. I call her and ask her if all of the things that I had heard about her staying with him were true, without reluctance she said they were. She basically told me that she doesn't care anymore and doesn't want to talk to me.

So to sum everything up, after three years she dumps me and that same day she is sleeping with this guy in his hotel. She barely even knows him, he's just working in town for while...

So if anyone has some comments/advice or anything, let me hear it....
    Do I have a right to be pissed off?

how old is she? sounds like this is a sketchy situation man.,. seems like there is more to the story than you know.. either that or she just has no clue what she wants and is immature.. either way its histty but you shouldnt stay involved with her especially when its something like this.

like i say though it seems somewhat suspicious man. after 3 years shes just gone.

but let me stress the fact that no matter what she says when she comes back dont give in, leave her in your past man i know its hard but someone doing that is not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by xwfuro; 27-03-06 at 12:16 PM.

That's what sucks about the whole thing. Three years and she's just gone, I didn't see it coming at all. I just don't understand how she can throw it all away after 3 years.

neither can i bro idk like i say i think something has to be kinda hidden... if not though i guess it goes to show immaturity shows itself at the worst times..

Don't be angry and what ever you do ..DO NOT TAKE HER BACK. This is going to bite her in the a$$ soon, sit back and enjoy the show when this guy takes off back to where ever the hell he is from.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

This makes no sense.

1. You're in high school and your parents let her live with you
    2. While in high school; two years younger than you; she starts seeing a boy who is 6yrs younger than her...works....and lives in an apartment? This all doesn't make sense.

If she's really this young; what did you expect? It's all about the growing up and experiencing life deal.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Hell, yeah, you have a right to be pissed off.

You also have to figure out how in the hell someone could dump you after being together for so long "out of the blue". That doesn't sound right to me. I'll bet if we asked her, she'd have a totally different story, maybe something like, "I'd have to set myself on fire to get his attention."

Think about it. I'll bet there were clues.

TAVS, I never once said that she was two years younger than me, she just happened to be two grades behind me. Before she lived with me she got an apartment by herself and decided to take home schooling. The only reason she got the apartment was because I was there. Nonetheless, she didn't do the schooling because she had to work all the time, and she got held back a year in elementary school, hence the two years difference.

HI I THINK YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO BE MAD AT HER
    but why would you if she doens't even care, 3 years with no prob that's sounds to me like miracle, i just broke up with my bf after a long story and 3 YEARS LIVING TOGETHER because we used to fight everyday, we had reasons why we broke up,we loved each other we were faithfull but it just didn't work.
    maybe it's not what she was looking for or she is just foolisha nd not mature yet.
    i know it's hard and everything but think was she the right one for you does she deserve your saddness, i don't think so find the clues as TAVS says. i don't think you are the one who lost here i believe she is because she doesn't know what she lost and she'll regret it for sure.
    so try to keep yourself busy and being drunk won't solve the problem but finding what you want in your life is and doing something with it
    keep yourself busy working out at the gym, studying in a college or university, learning something new.
    you'll get over her soon for sure