+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are guys so mean?

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Remind me now and again to avoid crossing swords with you, shh! ;-)
    Growing up in a large family of mostly girls makes one very skilled at arguing. However, I haven't seen that we disagree on much. Are you a genius, too?

(10 chars)

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Post removed.
    Last edited by Junket; 28-06-05 at 10:39 AM.

I don't care.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    I don't care.
    Well if you don't care.

Neither do I!

I'll even remove my post.
    Last edited by Junket; 28-06-05 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Question is, why is your dude so mean?
    I dont get it either.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Damn, Fras. Your calendar girl almost blew out my monitor loading up. What? You couldn't find a bigger tit...I mean, pic?

Well if you don't care.

Neither do I!

I'll even remove my post.
    I might've cared. I wish you hadn't removed your post; I would have liked to have seen what prompts an otherwise likable guy into being so provocative.

Of course, I am sensitive to this topic. First of all, the people I care most about happen to be Jewish, and secondly, I just attended a funeral of a WWII Jewish veteran on Sunday who was one of the finest, most gentle, dignified, humane and brave men I have had the honor to know. His entire family was murdered in the Holocaust, as were my husband's great aunts and unlces along with their children. I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to be associated with a symbol that is such a sinister reminder of that sort of barbarity.

Tone Guest
    Because this is the internet.

I know exactly what you are going through, I just got out of a relationship where we fought all the time and he was so jealous, he could do what he wanted but I couldn't do what I wanted and bla bla bla, he cheated on me and we broke up and when he realized I was over it he wanted me back, because I guess he thought that he could go out and do what he wanted and then when he was done I would be sitting here waiting on him, but he was wrong, I wasn't and it is killing him not having me in his life, he has mentioned marriage too, but I agree with the other reply, RUN LIKE HELL, it is not worth it, there is someone out there that will treat you like you should be treated and you deserve better. I met someone and we are doing just fine, he is amazing, all you have to do is look. Don't go back, it is not worth it, it will never change, I know from experience. RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I might've cared. I wish you hadn't removed your post; I would have liked to have seen what prompts an otherwise likable guy into being so provocative.
    This is nothing new to me.

My infatuation with the swastika stems from my childhood.

This also isn't the first time I've used a swastika as my signature, I'll change it eventually like I always do anyway. Also, what do you think my avatar is?

Of course, I am sensitive to this topic. First of all, the people I care most about happen to be Jewish, and secondly, I just attended a funeral of a WWII Jewish veteran on Sunday who was one of the finest, most gentle, dignified, humane and brave men I have had the honor to know.
    I have Jewish friends as well. Chris Maltby and Sam Blumberg. I've explained my interest and use of the swastika to them early when we first met and all they do is joke about it anymore. The swastika is NOT anti-semetic. Not in my eyes and symbolism is subjective.

I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to be associated with a symbol that is such a sinister reminder of that sort of barbarity.
    I respect survivors of the holocaust whole heartedly, and I completely understand their feelings towards the symbol. I would feel no reason to try to remind them of their past by doing something like brandishing the swastika in their faces.

However I'm unable to understand our generations rejection of it. None of us has been involved in WWII. And the majority of us have never been harrassed by right wing extremists with use of the swastika. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why the KKK use a burning cross. (If you could explain that that'd be appreciated because of my research I still haven't quite figured it out)

I can't dictate what other people feel about the symbol, and likewise, they shouldn't dictate whether I should be allowed to portray it as I do. If it were up to me I'd have it's notoriety removed, but that's not something that happens so easily especially considering individuals such as yourself still see it in such a negative light.

Many people figure if they just remove the symbol from our every day lives everything will be okay.

And that's not so.

Why?

Because all we'd be doing then is giving the neo-nazis and white supremacists another psychological weapon to use against us.

Do you really think they'd continue to use the swastika as a means to scare people if it's nazi connotations were virtually removed?

I doubt it, considering they've already come up with other slightly more original symbols anyhow.

I refuse to be ashamed of the swastika anymore, and will not give it up for society or the extremists.

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

This is nothing new to me.

My infatuation with the swastika stems from my childhood.

This also isn't the first time I've used a swastika as my signature, I'll change it eventually like I always do anyway. Also, what do you think my avatar is?
    Yeah - I've commented on your avatar before. Depending on your color combo, it looks more or less like a swastika. I will really look forward to you changing your signature.

I have Jewish friends as well. Chris Maltby and Sam Blumberg. I've explained my interest and use of the swastika to them early when we first met and all they do is joke about it anymore. .
    Then they are stupid, because it really isn't funny. Or maybe they are simply too young to understand that historically speaking, the Holocaust happened just a blink of an eye ago.

The swastika is NOT anti-semetic. Not in my eyes and symbolism is subjective..
    The swastika may not be in itself anti-Semitic, but that is what is symbolizes.

I respect survivors of the holocaust whole heartedly, and I completely understand their feelings towards the symbol. I would feel no reason to try to remind them of their past by doing something like brandishing the swastika in their faces..
    And yet, here you are, doing just that - if not to that generation directly, then to their children's generation who had to live with their parent's trauma.

However I'm unable to understand our generations rejection of it. None of us has been involved in WWII. And the majority of us have never been harrassed by right wing extremists with use of the swastika. .
    So you are saying that if only a minority is harrassed by it, then it is okay?
    And by the way, yes - I have first hand experience with anti-Semitic harrassment. That just makes me more sensitive to other forms of harrassment.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why the KKK use a burning cross. (If you could explain that that'd be appreciated because of my research I still haven't quite figured it out).
    Who cares? Don't we all know what it means? Of course we do, and I don't hear any Christians being upset by people who are offended by it.

I can't dictate what other people feel about the symbol, and likewise, they shouldn't dictate whether I should be allowed to portray it as I do. If it were up to me I'd have it's notoriety removed, but that's not something that happens so easily especially considering individuals such as yourself still see it in such a negative light..
    I don't think my opinion is a minority opinion, and I don't presume I can "dictate" anything to you. I am merely expressing my dissapointment that you cannot find a more inclusive symbol to express yourself with.

Many people figure if they just remove the symbol from our every day lives everything will be okay.

And that's not so.

Why?

Because all we'd be doing then is giving the neo-nazis and white supremacists another psychological weapon to use against us.

Do you really think they'd continue to use the swastika as a means to scare people if it's nazi connotations were virtually removed?.
    And given its history, do you really think the use of the swastika can be separated from its current meaning?

I refuse to be ashamed of the swastika anymore, and will not give it up for society or the extremists.
    Wow, that is really too bad. I will attribute your lack of sensitivity to your youth, and since I really don't think you are a bad guy, I think you will regret it one day.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Then they are stupid, because it really isn't funny. Or maybe they are simply too young to understand that historically speaking, the Holocaust happened just a blink of an eye ago.
    Wait a second who are you to decide whether something is funny or not? Maybe they're just a bit more willing to accept me for who I am than you are. Irony at it's best.

The swastika may not be in itself anti-Semitic, but that is what is symbolizes.
    To you.

And yet, here you are, doing just that - if not to that generation directly, then to their children's generation who had to live with their parent's trauma.
    I'd have to say that's the most rediculous thing you've said so far. Do you really believe their children were traumatized by the swastika any? Think about it now, why would their children be offended by the swastika?

Because they were raised to.

So you are saying that if only a minority is harrassed by it, then it is okay?
    And by the way, yes - I have first hand experience with anti-Semitic harrassment. That just makes me more sensitive to other forms of harrassment.
    I never said it was "okay". I stated that the majority of people that reject the symbol, do so blindly. It baffles me the amount of people that still call it a "nazi symbol". Not because they choose to, but because they know nothing else.

Who cares? Don't we all know what it means? Of course we do, and I don't hear any Christians being upset by people who are offended by it.
    Oh...so...cross burning is okay...but swastikas aren't because Christians get upset by people who are offended by it?

I don't think my opinion is a minority opinion, and I don't presume I can "dictate" anything to you. I am merely expressing my dissapointment that you cannot find a more inclusive symbol to express yourself with.
    And I'm expressing my dissapointment that you still can't seem to accept me even after having explained myself.

And given its history, do you really think the use of the swastika can be separated from its current meaning?
    That's the easiest question to answer so far.

Yes.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that you have to start somewhere.

Wow, that is really too bad. I will attribute your lack of sensitivity to your youth, and since I really don't think you are a bad guy, I think you will regret it one day.
    And I don't believe I'll ever regret it. What I do regret are all the years I was scared to admit my admiration of the swastika. I regret having to act politically correct by placing a big "no" sign over it whenever I drew one so that I wouldn't harrassed about it.

And I think it's too bad you can be so scornful of my belief and opinion by simply shrugging it off as ignorance and insensitivity as a result of my youth.

Tone Guest

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast