+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are guys so mean?

Why are guys so mean?

I have a good topic to discuss. My ex and I broke up back in November. Rough breakup... we did not speak until just a month ago back in May. Now that we have been speaking he is nothing but jealous over every guy I speak to, and says that the reason he did not speak to me for seven months was because he was going to ask me to marry him, and that if I want to go and see my ring I can at the jewelry store and tell them who I am and they will show it to me. His mother does not know that we have been hanging out since May. I do not understand why he is so mean to me, and gives me such a hard time? He says I will never understand how much he loved me, and know I have just gotten to the point where I do not answer the phone when he calls anymore? So, please tell me something do you think he really likes me or what is he doing? He also never dated or did anything with any girl physically during the past eight or so months. I am 21 and he is 20 if that helps.

Thanks and replys greatly appreciated since Im confused on whether to stay or move on?
    LexyMay

3 words...run like hell.

he is not good for you! run fast!

I don't believe word of what you say he's said. Sounds to me more like control/manipulation at work.

He also never dated or did anything with any girl physically during the past eight or so months.
    There are very good reasons for that i'm sure and i doubt they have anything to do with him liking you.

Now that we have been speaking he is nothing but jealous over every guy I speak
    Point taken!

I do not understand why he is so mean to me, and gives me such a hard time?
    Desperation, confusion and mostly stupidity.

he did not speak to me for seven months was because he was going to ask me to marry him
    Wouldn't this be something? Only if it made any sense of course.

3 words...run like hell.
    ---I agree with this post---
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

wow. well, I hate to say it, but I agree with the above posts on this. I'm a big believer that everyone already has the answers to thier problems, but they don't know it yet. From my outside opinion, It seems to me that he's having anxiety over the fact that his first serious relationship didn't work out as planned, and he doesn't know how to deal with it in a mature way. I would definately follow your instincts on this matter if I was you. If you think he's being mean, then he probably is, and you should carefully consider how much you want to be around someone like that. That's my op.

How does he treat the waiter? If he's mean to the waiter he'll be worse to you.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Question is, why is your dude so mean?

Ugh! Frasbee - drop the swastika - it is creepy. Really.

no offense to you people who don't have an education on the background of the swastika, but you should really do a small bit of research before you assume that it's a negative thing. The swastika above is not a representation of the perversion used by Nazi's.

No offense, JoGorilla, but that is about as intelligent as saying that black people need not be offended when rednecks want to fly the confederate flag in the south. I actually AM aware that this symbol was used by other groups of people unconnected to the Nazi party long before German aggression, but due to the vast carnage the Nazi's did under its banner, it will forever be affiliated with genocide (or at least for as long as there are still concentration camp victims walking around) and is a very real and painful symbol to them and their relatives, not to mention dead World War II soldiers and their families.

Jo, it's East Indian origins have been obfuscated. No one wants to to see it in any case.

you are the voice of all mankind? It seems very shallow of anyone to say that because of several years of perversion, that a symbol that has been around for over 3000 years should just be stricken from our minds. How many Christians are there here? Should the cross be hidden because of several hundred years of oppression against all sorts of people in the name of God? Isn't symbology all relative to who uses it and how they use it? It's like saying that clothes make the person, but that's not true is it?
    Last edited by JoGorilla; 28-06-05 at 07:20 AM.

I thought I should clarify: I don't think Frasbee is intending to be offensive. If I did, I would have been much more harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by JoGorilla
    you are the voice of all mankind?
    No; just the thinking and humane portion.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast