+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why should men care about their looks?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    So what did you give them in exchange?
    I have provided entertainment, money, jewelry, experience, compansionship. Lots of different stuff. It depends what she is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I have provided entertainment, money, jewelry, experience, compansionship. Lots of different stuff. It depends what she is looking for.
    Okay so apart from the women who wanted money and jewelry, you are simply talking about a romantic relationship. Any decent guy can "provide" that, he doesn't have to be rich.

I don't know about other girls, personally I don't care about money and attach a great importance to morals and principles; I despise laziness though: a man with morals and principles can stand on his own feet and wins his own bread so I cannot stand men who idle at home.

Quote Originally Posted by paythebills View Post
    I don't know about other girls, personally I don't care about money and attach a great importance to morals and principles; I despise laziness though: a man with morals and principles can stand on his own feet and wins his own bread so I cannot stand men who idle at home.
    Agreed. This is actually so obvious, it's ridiculous that some guys actually don't believe it's true.

The difference is that nowadays, women can be self-sufficient. We don't need men to provide for us anymore. This is why we can choose from a more ample spectrum of guys, and money isn't a big factor anymore.
    Well, quite a few women I have met are very bad at managing money. They never seem to have enough. A woman may not need a man to provide for her, but some do, and some like it. Anyway, I have more than I need and I happen to be generous, especially with an attractive woman.

I'm confused at what the question is? Is it asking "Why should men care about their looks because all their need is money to attract girls?"

Well, quite a few women I have met are very bad at managing money. They never seem to have enough. A woman may not need a man to provide for her, but some do, and some like it. Anyway, I have more than I need and I happen to be generous, especially with an attractive woman.
    So you like women that aren't able to, or don't like to, provide for themselves. You don't like independent women. Nothing wrong with that.

Just don't generalize - most of the women I know love being able to take care of themselves, and most of the guys I know love not having to provide for their partner.

Okay so apart from the women who wanted money and jewelry, you are simply talking about a romantic relationship. Any decent guy can "provide" that, he doesn't have to be rich.
    Except I am not really looking for a relationship.

Except I am not really looking for a relationship.
    Nothing wrong with that either. You found the arrangement that works for you: you date women who like depending on other people and you avoid long-term relationships. To each their own.

As I said, just don't think that what works for you is the general rule. Most of the people I know aren't like that at all (neither the guys nor the girls).

So you like women that aren't able to, or don't like to, provide for themselves. You don't like independent women. Nothing wrong with that.

Just don't generalize - most of the women I know love being able to take care of themselves, and most of the guys I know love not having to provide for their partner.
    I like having women dependent on me. I like it when they call and text me and I ignore them for days. I like it when they do whatever I ask them to please me, and they do it. I don't have much use for an independent woman. As a matter of fact, they seem masculine to me.

Nothing wrong with that either. You found the arrangement that works for you: you date women who like depending on other people and you avoid long-term relationships. To each their own.

As I said, just don't think that what works for you is the general rule. Most of the people I know aren't like that at all (neither the guys nor the girls).
    I know. I am an odd duck.

I know. I am an odd duck.
    I'm glad you are aware of it. The women you date are "odd ducks" as well - not judging, just saying it how it is.

dem you are actually narcissistic and the women you have are either the same as you or doormats. it still dont make you special.. just saying..

The difference is that nowadays, women can be self-sufficient. We don't need men to provide for us anymore. This is why we can choose from a more ample spectrum of guys, and money isn't a big factor anymore.
    You're Scandinavian aren't you? definitely a scandi woman.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    dem you are actually narcissistic and the women you have are either the same as you or doormats. it still dont make you special.. just saying..
    Well, nobody's perfect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast