+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Career advice needed please

I think you need to be some place/job that challenges you and mcdonalds will never do that for you and it will only make you upset with yourself and your life by continuing there. I agree with others who said find a new job while waiting it out at the fast food job then quit mcdonalds( hopefully only 2 weeks more not longer). Spring is now.. summer soon and your area must have tourist events and need help even big resorts or hotels that need help? Could you make a daycare out of your home and sit friends neighbor kids for a good fee? what about outdoor work since warmer now like gardening landscaping jobs or park jobs? Wish you luck on whatever you decide.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    Moving to another country is not for everybody. It's a matter of preference and priorities. Her priority is to stay with her BF and stay close to family and friends.... And there's nothing wrong with venting out frustrations. It's a healthy way to cope instead of keeping it inside her chest. She is also asking for suggestions on how to approach her dilemma of staying with her current job or move to another.

So you can quit forcing your way of doing things. What worked for you may not work for everybody.
    Shit. Just. Got. REAL.

Anyway, my loyalty lies with PP, so she's automatically right in any argument regardless of anything else.
    Last edited by KingZ; 02-05-14 at 08:02 AM. Reason: *smirk*

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Moving to another country is not for everybody. It's a matter of preference and priorities. Her priority is to stay with her BF and stay close to family and friends.... And there's nothing wrong with venting out frustrations. It's a healthy way to cope instead of keeping it inside her chest. She is also asking for suggestions on how to approach her dilemma of staying with her current job or move to another.

So you can quit forcing your way of doing things. What worked for you may not work for everybody.
    Nobody said that her bf can't go with her For example my fiance and I are looking for a place where we both can have good job and good opportunities.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I am interested in doing a part time night course once I get a day job but I cant afford to go back to college full time. A part of me feels like I am too old. I am almost 25 and always believed I would have a good career by now but the recession hit here juzt as I finished school and college was a huge struggle for me financially with very little support from my parents. I did it for 2 years and couldnt cope with the stress anymore so I got a full time job and moved out of home but I did go back for another year part time. So far it has gotten me nowhere coz withoyt the experience in HR to back it up-its worthless
    My wife is turning 50 next month, and graduating in December from Texas A&M. She nearly had her Bachelors 30 years ago and quit for kids/job/etc... they allowed 12 of her credits when she returned to school.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My wife is turning 50 next month, and graduating in December from Texas A&M. She nearly had her Bachelors 30 years ago and quit for kids/job/etc... they allowed 12 of her credits when she returned to school.
    Yikes. That isn't very much. I took a single test for $80 that gave me 16 credits earlier this semester. Saved me I don't know how many thousands of dollars.

KingZ, please stop pretending you know things about me. I appreciate you not saying them out loud at least.
    Last edited by searock; 02-05-14 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Nobody said that her bf can't go with her For example my fiance and I are looking for a place where we both can have good job and good opportunities.
    OMG, you are worst than a little kid. You keep on repeating yourself. Once again, that is YOU. It's not ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!!!

PP I'm not crying about it. I'm holding my head up, working hard, doing a s**t job because I would rather do that then sit at home bored to tears. My bf has a good job here and hes working his way up to investing in his uncles business. There are many reasons we choose to stay here. And I know if I just keep looking, something better will come up.

The job market here is not hopeless, it just takes time, consistency and patience.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    PP I'm not crying about it. I'm holding my head up, working hard, doing a s**t job because I would rather do that then sit at home bored to tears. My bf has a good job here and hes working his way up to investing in his uncles business. There are many reasons we choose to stay here. And I know if I just keep looking, something better will come up.

The job market here is not hopeless, it just takes time, consistency and patience.
    You do cry about it. You just did in the first post already. Yeah, keep on looking

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, you are worst than a little kid. You keep on repeating yourself. Once again, that is YOU. It's not ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!!!
    Don't get angry about it. It's just a discussion on the internet and I seem to have a completely different opinion than you. Wow, what a tragedy It's my right to say what I think of some things. Yeah that is me, and pretty many people I know. Among them people who also didn't want to leave, but leaving was the reasonable decision. Clearly many people still believe that a companionship can be cooked on a pan and served with a glass of water.
    I wazzzz here

OK, so: chinagirl has joined in with the caps lock and consecutive exclamation points, PP is now defending her stance as a point of honor, michelle23 is no closer to fixing her career, searock is supplementing her case of Wrong with a side dish of Mad, and HIA is drunk at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

What a delightful little thread!

Heh... nope. Might be later, but prolly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    You do cry about it. You just did in the first post already. Yeah, keep on looking

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get angry about it. It's just a discussion on the internet and I seem to have a completely different opinion than you. Wow, what a tragedy It's my right to say what I think of some things. Yeah that is me, and pretty many people I know. Among them people who also didn't want to leave, but leaving was the reasonable decision. Clearly many people still believe that a companionship can be cooked on a pan and served with a glass of water.
    I'm not even close to being angry. You're just annoying and no one really cares about your plans with your BF. Go on and live in wherever country you want, that's your choice but STOP pushing the envelop on someone who does not want the same and could care less about it.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. Im just bored to death and frustrated to be stuck in my office when I could be outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

And by the way, I'd rather work in McDonalds rather than leave my kids and work in another country for more money. But then, lucky me, I have a good paying JOB and a lawyer BF with a very good and busy practice that we don't need to scour the world for better job opportunity and money. Oh well, such as life...

Michelle, this is not meant for you, it's meant for the kid who doesn't seem to get in her thick head that not everybody thinks like her...
    Last edited by chinagirl; 02-05-14 at 12:32 PM.

Agree with chinagirl. PP seems to be very proud about leaving Poland. Then again Ireland is somewhat higher paying country than Poland(minimum wage is about 3 times higher) so theres no need to leave it.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 02-05-14 at 12:31 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Agree with chinabitch. PP seems to be very proud about leaving Poland. Then again Ireland is somewhat higher paying country than Poland(minimum wage is about 3 times higher) so theres no need to leave it.
    I actually like your posts PC so let's drop the bitch and leave china, shall we?

PP isn't a bitch, she's a qtπ!

If I was Polish, I'd be proud of leaving Poland, too. They're like the European Mexicans.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast