+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need advice to how to approach a girl for shy guys

My GF is like 30 and is a career woman with strong ambitions. She packed up her s hit and moved to another province to be with her BF.

If you're shy, the best thing to do is to be humourous at first, light tapping her on the back and briefly saying hi -name- in the corridor, and just following the conversaton from there on. If you do it in a real casual way, that's all you'll have to say, because she will follow the conversation. I'd do this a few time until you can manage to start having conversations with her on social network sites, email or texting, and that way you can avoid direct confrontation. And shy guys, in writing can usually express themselves much better than in speech, so from there just woo her into liking you, and sooner or later she will!

I can't help, but i am interested...

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    My GF is like 30 and is a career woman with strong ambitions. She packed up her s hit and moved to another province to be with her BF.
    I didn't mean anything bad about your GF, but my friend is a special case... I haven't met his gf, but he showed me pics where she is naked O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Dan555 View Post
    If you're shy, the best thing to do is to be humourous at first, light tapping her on the back and briefly saying hi -name- in the corridor, and just following the conversaton from there on. If you do it in a real casual way, that's all you'll have to say, because she will follow the conversation. I'd do this a few time until you can manage to start having conversations with her on social network sites, email or texting, and that way you can avoid direct confrontation. And shy guys, in writing can usually express themselves much better than in speech, so from there just woo her into liking you, and sooner or later she will!
    this is very true. well how do you get to know a person if you dont even know what their name is?

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy0806 View Post
    this is very true. well how do you get to know a person if you dont even know what their name is?
    You ask....

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You ask....
    now what if everytime you see her and want to approach her and then you see a group of males just surrounding her? How do you ask in that kinda situation?

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy0806 View Post
    now what if everytime you see her and want to approach her and then you see a group of males just surrounding her? How do you ask in that kinda situation?
    You do a reality check. If you're shy, don't try to ask the homecoming queen out. Just don't. You need to work your way up to a whole new level of confidence before you can ask out a popular girl in front of a bunch of cock-blocking guys.

People in this thread have given you some good advice but you keep ignoring it. I used to be a shy guy, too, but reality failed to deliver what I wanted on a silver platter and I had to change.

First step, you need to get more comfortable talking to women in general. Forget your dream girl for the moment, you're not ready yet. Go to the nearest shopping mall this weekend and started shopping for the perfect mother's day gift. I don't care if you already got her something or if your mother's dead or whatever, because that is irrelevant to your trip to the mall. No, you're going to go to at least a dozen different stores and ask female sales clerks for help in gift ideas. You will stand there and engage each woman in conversation until you get over being shy, and if a dozen times isn't enough, then you need to keep shopping. Besides, Mother's Day isn't for a few weeks yet, so you've got a good excuse that will carry you for a while. Start with any old sales female clerk, but eventually start talking specifically to the pretty ones. It's their job to help you, so you have a conversational advantage.

Next step, practice similar skills on your female classmates. It is a little known fact that people tend to feel slightly more favorably towards a person who politely asks them for help. Not constantly asking for help, but just a simple request here or there. Asking for directions is perfect, because it isn't a huge imposition, and women will respect a guy who is actually willing to ask for directions instead of walking around lost. You can prolong the situation by asking for clarification and discussing why you are going wherever.

Third, start going to parties or other social events and then work the room. Oh wait, you're shy? Too bad, this isn't about staying in your tiny comfort zone, this is about taking on the world and gaining confidence. Women are more attracted to confident guys, and all the eye contact in the world is useless if you're just watching from a safe and creepy distance. So, work the room. Talk to a variety of people, including women of course, and practice small talk. Don't get bogged down talking about your niche hobby (whatever it is), keep things light and ask some questions to find out what interests other people. You must talk to a variety of people at this stage, don't stand in the corner gazing at one pretty woman until you lose your nerve.

Fourth, now that you're talking to all these women, start paying attention to personality. You will begin to notice that appearance is a very separate trait from personality. There will be attractive women with bad attitudes, and average-looking girls who you will genuinely enjoy meeting. This is really important, because you may start to realize that looks aren't everything, and you might be overlooking some great women just because you weren't talking to them.

Finally, now that you've gotten over your fear of unknown women, improved at small talk, and gained some valuable insight about the importance of personality, try approaching your dream girl. You may still get shot down, and you may have an audience when that happens, but at least you got prepared and gave it a really good shot.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234