+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why won't guys who check me out-- approach me?

Why won't guys who check me out-- approach me?

I was at Wal-mart one day recently and there was this guy checking me out. He was sexy and I don't believe in approaching the guy first. I sooo wanted him to ask me for my number or something. It never happened... the guy who was checking me out eventually left the store while I was in the check out line.

He was checking me out while waiting for his friend to get his items checked out. I smiled and checked him out also. It's very confusing to me-- as to why a guy who seems to like what he sees... won't pursue the person he's liking what he sees.

How do I become more approachable? How do I show him-- I'm liking what I see as well? Why do guys check girls out?

It's not as if he had anything better to do while waiting. Wal-mart is not the place to expect hook-ups.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You would give your number to some stranger at WalMart just because he was looking at you?

Well, aside from the fact that I think that is weird, he may have a wife or girlfriend. Just because a man looks doesn't mean he is actually interested.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Maybe, his taken and had a bit of weakness when he saw you. I dunno But, nway.. u did right, U smiled and made eye contact Thats d go signal to be approached. imo

You know, you could have approached him as well.

This is the year 2010 - why can't you approach him? He could have been the love of your life and you just stood there like some 18 century maid.

"I don't believe in approaching the guy first. I sooo wanted him to ask me for my number or something. It never happened"

Why don't you "believe" in asking out guys? . . . this is 2010 and you live in the USA after all.

As for that situation, did you give him indicators of interest? did you smile or look inviting?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One isolated incident? If you don't "beleive in" approaching men first consider yourself SOL. I'm shy, but I have no shame in approaching men first. I have, I will, I would, and I do (did). So unlike yourself you can wonder, and wish to be approached but you could just be shoved aside my women who aren't afraid to approach first.

As for WHY he didn't- perhaps you're good looking but he has a partner, thinks you're WAYYY too dressed up for walmart, thinks you're high maintence and is judging you, thinks that while you're pretty he's assuming you'r a total bitch. Or perhaps he only likes the way you look and isn't the least bit interested in you in any way, or maybe you just had a real nice sweater on. You get the idea, it could be ANYTHING.

It sounds like you did all you could. I agree with the above poster, he may have a wife or girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreBeautiful View Post
    It sounds like you did all you could. I agree with the above poster, he may have a wife or girlfriend.
    OMG, your mic is turned off! Yeah, your princess mentality back fired. If you were so interested in this guy, maybe you should of, I dunno, spoken to him...

I'm a girl and sometimes I like to make eye contact with guys in a store or on the street or wherever...I never expect anything because I don't want anything to happen - it's just.. Well sometimes it's good to see someone smiling at you with no reason, just like that. It makes your day in a way...It makes mine anyways
    So my point is, maybe he just thought you're good looking or maybe he didn't think of anything - maybe he just wanted to smile at you
    "Блокираш мисълта ми само със поглед..."

Ok there have been a lot of trolls here lately and one thing that I notice about some of them is that they'll post a thread and then never comment on it again.... I'll play along here though. I think that is so hilarious that women are liberated, don't approve of chivalry, and are regarded as equals in most ways, but that many refuse to make the first move because traditionally men are supposed to make the first move. WTF? If you liked the way he looked and wanted to get to know him stop being lazy and approach him. Women like you are the ones who probably go around saying that only sluts approach men, yet get upset when their lazy approach yields no results.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

He had to go out to his girlfriend waiting in the car
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

I wont approach a girl unless she is giving me some sign that she is interested because other wise you just look like a creeper.

no no you are okay... guys are real lazy at times...if more women were like you it would be so easy to meet a nice woman...in every man they have this thing inside them that lets them know when they have a chance with a woman but alot of guys don,t look and listen whats inside of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by starlet2010 View Post
    I was at Wal-mart one day recently and there was this guy checking me out. He was sexy and I don't believe in approaching the guy first. I sooo wanted him to ask me for my number or something. It never happened... the guy who was checking me out eventually left the store while I was in the check out line.

He was checking me out while waiting for his friend to get his items checked out. I smiled and checked him out also. It's very confusing to me-- as to why a guy who seems to like what he sees... won't pursue the person he's liking what he sees.

How do I become more approachable? How do I show him-- I'm liking what I see as well? Why do guys check girls out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast